Hidden music in "Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles : The Coin Op" & "Shadow Dancer" ?

Started by Xyphoe, 08:22, 08 September 11

Previous topic - Next topic

Xyphoe

Quote from: SyX on 19:52, 09 October 11
Thanks... but without Xyphoe and this thread i would not have discovered anything ;)

But I must then give thanks to Swainy on YouTube and World Of Spectrum forums for bringing it to my attention in the first place :)

Thanks again SyX for the hard work and making that disk! Brilliant work, this is precisely why this forum and place is brilliant! You did in a few days what the guys on the WOS forums still haven't done in well over a year! ;)

Xyphoe

Oh and Longplay video done of the gameplay, tonight I will be adding in the new musics and adding commentary explaining - should be online by tomorrow morning fingers crossed.

RockRiver

little off topic, sorry...but I need to answer this...cause is my matter (see my avatar)
Quote from: MacDeath on 11:32, 09 September 11
Yeah, Speccy+3 was clearly an Amstrad ZX6128... ;D And it looks like a CPC6128 in black (20%cooler) but with a compact keyboard (minus the num-pad).
Do you know if the hard-plastic keys are compatible ?
Can you take an "A" key on a speccy+3 and put it on an CPC6128 per example ?
(...)Disk Drive : is it plugged exactly the same way ? does it uses the same Floppy Disk Controller ?
Yes!!! You could see photos of my mods in my ever in construction seedy web page...(sorry in spanish, but photos are in Esperanto!!  :laugh: )
"Black is beautiful", I like my CPCs with BLACK keyboards. Next mod: CPC+ with black keyboard and black case... :o
And yes, FDD is plugged the same way.  Cousin +3 is a great machine too (is amstrad too), compatible in disk format with PCW.

And now, inside topic: Thanks Syx and Xyphoe for this new music for AY-CPC... 8)

TFM

Two hints:

- Red on Blue is really, really hard to read
- A English version would be appreciated

I like the "CPC6128 "blanco y negro"" the most :-)))
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

SyX

I always loved the colorful look from the 464 and felt the 6128's gray keys so boring  :P

But well, i love the Amiga 500's special limited editions designed by Stefanie Tücking, too  ;D ... i haven't fix xDDD

MacDeath

Gryzor

I do prefer the colourful keys - red for escape, green for the others, blue for Enter...

But that Amiga looks soooo silly and early 90's... :D

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Xyphoe

Sorry for the delay in the video, turns out there was horrible sound corruption throughout (before adding the music in) when using the latest version of WinApe (I'll speak to Executioner about this, previously I had been using a pre-release version of 2.0a18 he had emailed me).

Vid's been re-recorded and most of SyX's found music has been added, hopefully will be all down for tomorrow morning.

Xyphoe

Finally done! Holy cow that took a lot of audio editing!!!!  :o But I think the results are worth it and shows how just even better this already excellent game could have been -

[AMSTRAD CPC] Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles : The Coin-Op - Longplay (+ hidden music added!!) & Review

Gryzor

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft

TotO

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

sigh

Is it possible for someone hack in the music for the GX4000 or plus machines?

Xyphoe

Quote from: TotO on 22:49, 14 October 11
How do you know what music was to use with what level ?  ::)

Comparing the soundtracks and music on the arcade version, I have it on my MAME cab at home. To be honest I did it quickly so may have made a mistake here and there, there are at least 2 missing music soundtracks that were in the arcade version (like the 2nd level) so used the most appropriate sounding.

TotO

Quote from: SyXI'm going to patch the game for adding musics
Realy!?
Thank you so much, it's great!!!  :-*

(ok, it's a fake quote... But, I'll like to read that now... Not you? ;D )
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

shap

Hi there,

Just for information, i've already ripped all the turttles 2 musics (with hidden ones) a lot of years ago, you can find it here:

(http://cpcrulez.fr/Scene_MusicDiscs/index.php?rech=shap)

(Disk T)

8) 8)

Gryzor