News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

How to copy games to pc and back

Started by Badders, 00:26, 02 April 09

Previous topic - Next topic

Badders

Hello every one.. Can any one help me please.. How can I copy games from PC to Amstrad 6128, and from amstrad to PC.. I can do this for BBC B Comadore 64 and Amiga 1200. But how you do this on my amstrad.

Is there a way using a flash card of some kind. Is there softwere I need, were can I get this.

Thank you for looking Richard

voXfReaX

Quote from: Badders on 00:26, 02 April 09
Hello every one.. Can any one help me please.. How can I copy games from PC to Amstrad 6128, and from amstrad to PC.. I can do this for BBC B Comadore 64 and Amiga 1200. But how you do this on my amstrad.

Is there a way using a flash card of some kind. Is there softwere I need, were can I get this.

Hello Richard!
I am using
CPCDiskXP v2.0! Personally, I find it the best utility to transfer DSK images (disks for the emulators) to normal CPC disks and vice versa!
You can find CPCDiskXP here.... :)
we speak,
voxfreax

Gryzor

Of course, it would help tremendously if you had a 3.5" drive for your Amstrad. If you only have your 3" drive it becomes a bit trickier, as you need to connect it to your PC...

Badders

Quote from: Gryzor on 08:23, 02 April 09
Of course, it would help tremendously if you had a 3.5" drive for your Amstrad. If you only have your 3" drive it becomes a bit trickier, as you need to connect it to your PC...

Thanks for that. Can you tell me how to sort out the drives. mine is the 3" floppy. Whats the best way and how. I have pc floppy drives and can solder up leads if i have some help.. Thanks so far Richard

Badders

Quote from: mr_lou on 11:07, 02 April 09
You can find diagrams here.
http://cupcake.com/index.php/3%C2%BD%22_%26_5%C2%BC%22_Disk_Drives
I see the diagram from your link. I very concerned in shorting some thing out.. I have found this link. but still find it confusing.
http://www.cpcmania.com/
Has any one used this way and can show me clear photos what it looks like.. So I can check them against mine.. The photo as to the way round things go still confuses me in the photos. on the back of Amstrad dose the red edge, faces the speaker, or the printer port..
it saying the links on cable the 2 on the end is it the 2 links to red stripe.
can some one look at this please and point me the right way

i,m not going to to chance any mistakes and getting this wrong

Thanks

mr_lou

the KING

Badders,

I struggled a lot trying to connect my 3" drive to a PC, and found it much easier to connect the CPC to the PC using a very simply-made parallel connection instead. Only a few pins to connect. That route went very smoothly.
See this thread:
http://cpcwiki.eu/forum/index.php/topic,121.0.html

Tom

arnoldemu

Quote from: Badders on 00:26, 02 April 09

This is how I do it:
I have a 3.5" disc drive, an old PC power supply.
I connect the 3.5" disc drive power to the PC power supply.
Then I use an OLD PC ribbon cable (the type which has 5.25" connection and a twist in it, the type you get in the old PC's) and use this to connect my CPC to the 3.5" disc drive.

I use CPCDiskXP to copy data to/from 3.5" discs using the PC's disc drive.

On the CPC you can run *some* software this way, but most require the use of drive A, so you need a mod to the cpc so you can switch drive A<->B.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Cholo

Here is another not so technical guide on hooking up a 3.5" to 6128:
http://cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Guide_on_how_to_connect_a_3.5%22_drive_to_a_CPC6128/664

May help to see what is what  ;)