News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Breaking News

Started by Misel982001, 11:45, 24 April 17

Previous topic - Next topic

Misel982001

Hey guys,
check my new reviews on two of the best games EVER released on the CPC (to my humble opinion of course) !!!!
Find them on CPC game reviews!!!! :o :o :o :o :o

Skunkfish

Great reviews!

I've reviewed both of these in issue 2 of Colour Personal Computing as well, I won't say yet if I agree with your opinions or not!  :P
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

reidrac

Quote from: Misel982001 on 11:45, 24 April 17
Hey guys,
check my new reviews on two of the best games EVER released on the CPC (to my humble opinion of course) !!!!
Find them on CPC game reviews!!!! :o :o :o :o :o

You didn't review Golden Tail nor Magica; I was interested in your opinion.
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

Misel982001

I was on a hiatus because I had recently lost my mum....

Misel982001

I can offer you my opinion now even delayed if you are still interested....

reidrac

Quote from: Misel982001 on 20:34, 24 April 17
I can offer you my opinion now even delayed if you are still interested....

I'm sorry for your loss.

Of course, I'd love to know what you think.
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

Misel982001

I will begin by commenting on The Return of Traxtor and progressively I will tell you my opinion on the other games, as well.
As you know, I have already reviewed this game and I have mentioned that because of its brilliant design and overall programming I rated it with a 9. I believe that the CPC has the best puzzle games of any other machine and what seems to be the case is that many other programmers think the same way as I, judging by the number, quality and complexity of the puzzle games that frequently appear. The last example of this, is Pentomimo. Traxtor is great and plays superbly while it is also addictive and not frustrating. The difficulty level is just right. Perhaps some more effects would help (explosions). Additionally, some bonuses would definitely enrich it as well as a 2 player mode.

Nich

Quote from: Misel982001 on 21:33, 25 April 17
I will begin by commenting on The Return of Traxtor and progressively I will tell you my opinion on the other games, as well.

I think @reidrac wanted to know your opinions of Golden Tail and Magica. I know I reviewed them on CPC Game Reviews, but I would also be interested to know what you think of them.

I would also like to offer my condolences on the loss of your mother.

Misel982001

I will get back to you as soon as possible my friends...

Misel982001

Magica
Magica seems to my eyes as a crossover game heavily influenced by snowbros and bubble bubble. Its gameplay is pleasant and the graphics are nice. I liked the fact that there are numerous sprites on screen without any delay. The time limit is also nice. I would like the enemies to retaliate somehow ( perhaps by firing projectiles?) or some traps (like fires, or ice that would force the hero to slip). In overall, a nice game to play

Misel982001

Golden Tail
Golden Tail is a game of high quality and brilliantly designed as well as executed.  It would have made a great impression if it was released back then. I liked the graphics, the overall game design, the sprites and the tune. It is very good and plays great! What some people told me was that they did not like the teleport feature but I advocated that you cannot play it otherwise, it is a necessary component of the game. Despite all these, the game poses a drawback; its size. It is a rather short game, more like a promo of a main Golden Tail adventure.

reidrac

Thanks for you comments @Misel982001! Good feedback.

Misel982001

My pleasure mate. I always wanted to create a game but I do not know anything about game creation....