News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Imperial Mahjong: CargoSoft new game.

Started by Targhan, 06:46, 10 October 16

Previous topic - Next topic

fgbrain

Although not my type of games...

It is extremely polished and AWESOME !

This what I got when played first time: :doh:
Totally unfair!!! >:(
_____

6128 (UK keyboard, Crtc type 0/2), 6128+ (UK keyboard), 3.5" and 5.25" drives, Reset switch and Digiblaster (selfmade), Inicron Romram box, Bryce Megaflash, SVideo & PS/2 mouse, , Magnum Lightgun, X-MEM, X4 Board, C4CPC, Multiface2 X4, RTC X4 and Gotek USB Floppy emulator.

Targhan

Bad luck :).
The algorithm attempts to create "finishable" levels.In some rare cases, it is possible that it builds "unfair" levels, but from experience, when you fail a first time, try the same level playing a different way, taking in account the tiles that stuck you before. So far we haven't found any "unfinishable" level.

@Toto: yes, I wanted to do that, but for some technical reason, couldn't :(. Oh well, it's a Zen game, you're not supposed to play very fast :).
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Prodatron

Finally I made it  :D
[attach=2]
I really have to take care not too waste my whole time with this game  ;D

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

Overflow

Technical achievement. Painful code (to out at contant/given times for mode and sound), painful gfx also (what a mode!). Result is impressive (see&hear).
Not my kind of game, but as a demo I enjoy it very much! :)
Unregistered from CPCwiki forum.

iXien

Just stunning, as usual. I'm really fond of mah-jong and it's a real pleasure to play it again and again, looking for these colorful graphics and beautiful musics. I really like soundfx too ! But beyond the technical smash, such a huge content should be welcomed too. Very polished production. Play it on your real CPC, it's a totally different experience!

And indeed, I was just starting to get tired of Ishido, thank you guys 8)

If I take pictures of the game running on my Commodore 1084S, do you think Amiga-scene will trust there is a new game for their computer ?
http://homebrew.amstradtoday.com, the only website dedicated to CPC homebrew games.

Kris

Not my favorite type of game, but i have to recognize the great achievment that it represents: code & gfx are simply amazing.

Congrats to Targhan & Sly for this high quality prod.

Joseman

Hi

Yesterday night, my girlfriend and i were playing several levels until we get stuck on the piramid level, think was about 2:00 AM.

We will play the game until we end it, we are addicted to the game now!!

Xifos

It's really amazing !!!
Great work !

And i liked mahjong games when i was young, spend a lot of time on them at the army !
:)

Targhan

QuoteMy girlfriend, that has been playing for a while, noticed!  By the way, she typed "silk" and she could not pass the level, although she tried a couple of times 

Well, after 4 attempts, my girl-"Mahjong Master"-friend finished your "silk" level! "Not easy" indeed, but doable!
She issues a challenge: use the last layout (the kind of "animal"), and use the sentence "tu pu" (don't ask... :) ). This one is really tough :) .

Trg.Aks

Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Sykobee (Briggsy)

Quote from: Prodatron on 10:41, 11 October 16
Finally I made it  :D
[attach=2]
I really have to take care not too waste my whole time with this game  ;D

Amazing graphics there - the alternative modes really work out well (and I see that mode 2 bar in the middle there!).
So unless some unknown hardware trick to switch modes every scanline was discovered, then I guess there is that timing of the mode changes to take into consideration.

Imagine this combined with mode 1 palette changes, where appropriate!

||C|-|E||

Quote from: Targhan on 22:03, 11 October 16
Well, after 4 attempts, my girl-"Mahjong Master"-friend finished your "silk" level! "Not easy" indeed, but doable!
She issues a challenge: use the last layout (the kind of "animal"), and use the sentence "tu pu" (don't ask... :) ). This one is really tough :) .

Trg.Aks

Good work!! I will definitely tell her tomorrow and we will have a look!  :D :D

TotO

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

CraigsBar

Amazing! Just amazing. It looks and plays amazingly on a plus machine. A bit late I know but any chance of albireo mouse support!
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

||C|-|E||

Good news is that it actually works well with the AMX mouse and Bryce´s mouse adapter!!  :D

Targhan

... And now for the full list of features!

• EGX (Extended GraphX): displays 16 colors in 320*200 instead of 4.
  • EGX2: displays 4 colors in 640*200 instead of 2.
  • First game on CPC to have digi-drums during the whole game.
  • Sample during the loading of the game at FDC full speed.
  • Introduction music using 3-channel Sample-SIDs, in stereo.
  • More than 30 minutes of music.

So in case you people haven't noticed it if you're playing with an emulator, there is actually sample while loading the introduction! All this with a FDC running at full speed!

As for the introduction music, it's Sample-SIDs, hence the, I hope, original sounding music. I guess it's a bit like BSC did some times ago though I'm not sure. Basically, I can have a lot of different samples, mixed with "real" PSG waves. This is just a beginning. The main feat is that, for the first on CPC I believe, the sound is actually rendered on 3 channels, so you have stereo, plus the 4 bits of resolution for each sample ; classic Digitrack codes mix three tracks into one channel, because reaching for the three channels is too slow. Well...).

That's it!

Trg.Aks
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Puresox

It's a great production , I look forward to seeing all what this game has to offer .

HAL6128

What? A CPC? And I thought all the time I had an Atari ST in front of me. (...because of all the Features :))
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

SRS

Quote from: HAL 6128 on 20:32, 13 October 16
What? A CPC? And I thought all the time I had an Atari ST in front of me. (...because of all the Features :) )

Funny :) Like me always saying "What ? An Atari ST ? I thought it's a CPC" ;)

BSC

Quote from: Targhan on 20:03, 13 October 16
As for the introduction music, it's Sample-SIDs, hence the, I hope, original sounding music. I guess it's a bit like BSC did some times ago though I'm not sure. Basically, I can have a lot of different samples, mixed with "real" PSG waves. This is just a beginning. The main feat is that, for the first on CPC I believe, the sound is actually rendered on 3 channels, so you have stereo, plus the 4 bits of resolution for each sample ; classic Digitrack codes mix three tracks into one channel, because reaching for the three channels is too slow. Well...).

Thargan, that was very interesting music. And a very memory hungry way to play/mix sampled music with 2 AY channels (not all 3, right?) ;-)

Congratulations to the technical achievement. The graphics are impressive!
** My SID player/tracker AYAY Kaeppttn! on github **  Some CPC music and experiments ** Other music ** More music on scenestream (former nectarine) ** Some shaders ** Some Soundtrakker tunes ** Some tunes in Javascript

My hardware: ** Schneider CPC 464 with colour screen, 64k extension, 3" and 5,25 drives and more ** Amstrad CPC 6128 with M4 board, GreaseWeazle.

Targhan

No, I really meant 3 AY channels. Left/middle/right :). Plug your stereo amp and check if you don't believe me.

Yes, memory hungry. I allowed 64kb for the samples, they are all generated during the "low" sound after the introduction screen appears.

Trg.Aks
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Targhan

Pouet entry added. Feel free to leave a comment if you like :).
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Maniac

Finally managed to complete a game! Presentation and game are excellently done!

However I think my CM14 needs a good service as it looks a bit blurred at times!

Geo Anas

Quote from: Targhan on 10:42, 15 October 16
....Feel free to leave a comment if you like :) .

Amazing ! Outstanding ! Jaw Dropper! .... Need to say more ?  :D

remax

Quote from: Hazeinteresting technique there, alternating the higher resolution 4 colour mode with the lower resolution 16 colour mode every scanline to give a weird illusion of both colours and resolutions..  for that type of graphics it kinda works.

presumably needs exact timings.

http://forums.bannister.org/ubbthreads.php?ubb=newreply&Board=1&Number=107650&what=showflat&fpart=1&q=1
Brain Radioactivity

Targhan

@Remax: can't access to the forum, it seems restricted.
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime