Author Topic: Unreleased games by Clockwize  (Read 3680 times)

Offline Puresox

• 6128 Plus
  • Liked: 243
Re: Unreleased games by Clockwize
« Reply #40 on: 21:48, 18 July 17 »
in reply to the question 'why were the C64, ZX and CPC versions called Fizz rather than Mission Icarus?', well that was Psygnosis who came up with that title and they were paying so who were we to argue!  Fizz was brilliantly converted by Dave from Keith's excellent ZX version.

We also did a PC version, a horrible looking CGA job - I'm sure it was released but I've no idea what happened to that one.  There may be some source code though...

Also, I'd like to point out (for the record and clarity) that a lot of the recent MIA games were not necessarily Clockwize releases (but I understand they have to be discussed together somehow - hence this thread). 

My 'Frogger' was written after Clockwize ('Deanysoft') as was 'Unpredictaball' which was completely written by Dave.  I think 'Acolyte' was started at Video Images but finished at Clockwize (Dave and I brought it with us).

I wanted to get these games backed up and out here for all to play because they're good (mostly) and worthy of release after all these years.  I didn't want them to rot away on 3" discs and finally got the time and equipment to digitise the data.  The games also represent the result of a lot of fun times (and hard times!) we all had back then nearly 30 years ago and I didn't want them lost.  I have resisted the temptation to redraw things even though some bits didn't look quite finished as I wanted them authentic - as SyX mentioned, if anyone wants to mess about with them now - feel free!
I'd like to thank SyX for his 'patient and occasional bothering' ;D

<time passes.  Thorin sits down and starts singing about gold etc...>

Ha! I Found the IBM Fizz that Keith converted from the ZX version.  I'd forgotten all about it too.  Wow it runs fast!   Now I just need an ibmwiki or equivalent to give that too...
Have you been pestered for an interview on your 8-bit era? (I haven't read this thread fully so may well have missed pieces)

Offline Acolyte

• Speccy
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #41 on: 23:37, 19 July 17 »
I have been asked, I can't say I've been pestered.  I've agreed to do one at some point, it's just fitting all these things in.  I've still got lots of CPC disks to look through yet!

Offline Puresox

• 6128 Plus
  • Liked: 243
« Reply #42 on: 23:43, 19 July 17 »
That's good to hear, Look forward to future developments , this stuff is gold . And the stories of the behind the scenes , is dead intriguing.

Offline 6128

• CPC464
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #43 on: 12:45, 22 July 17 »
Joseman, many thanks for Ninja Grannies DSK.  ;)

Offline Joseman

• 6128 Plus
  • Liked: 513
« Reply #44 on: 15:58, 22 July 17 »
Joseman, many thanks for Ninja Grannies DSK.  ;)

Thankyou!

Remember that there is a bug in the dsk with the 464/664.

Here is the post where i explain it, anyone knows the answer?

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/programming/strange-behaviour-between-cpc464-cpc6128/

regards

Offline Nich

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
  • CPC Game Reviews webmaster
    • CPC Game Reviews
  • Liked: 339
« Reply #45 on: 23:37, 29 November 17 »
Here's a YouTube video from The New Retro Show which offers opinions on some of these games from Clockwize:

This guy has also uploaded a few other videos showcasing homebrew CPC games. He's Canadian, so it's rather interesting to see what he thinks of the CPC and its games, given that the CPC was probably pretty much unknown in Canada.

Offline Gryzor

• Administrator
  • 6128 Plus
  • CPC-Wiki maintainer
    • CPCWiki
  • Liked: 2402
« Reply #46 on: 09:44, 30 November 17 »
Ooh that's interesting! Thanks!