News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Lemmings! Need help with a level!

Started by Xyphoe, 18:45, 06 April 12

Previous topic - Next topic

Xyphoe

Quote from: Metr on 09:00, 21 April 12
Hmpf! Sorry didn't have time to check that lvl 11 ideas, but I think they won't work anyways.
I didn't checked lvl 12 but I have to say that unlikely lvl 11, it's so easy to save a ladder and finish it doing the trick you used.

I leave you the CPCe 1.90 SNP attached in case.

Sorry about that :/

That's ok dude ... thank you for all your hard work anyway mate! I just couldn't waste any more time and energy on this! Whilst I declare Mayhem11 impossible, I did have some fiddling with Mayhem12 prior to putting this last part online where I got through saving 1 builder free for the exit but unable to stop most the Lemmings from wandering off where they shouldn't be by tunnelling to the lower part of the level and going that way. So, I haven't taken a look at your snapshot recording yet but I guess it's a variation on that - so well done, and maybe I'll upload a private video and link to it in the description if I can do it too. Otherwise, Mayhem11 remains unbeatable without cheating I guess!

Metr

Hehe, yep, if I go on trying lvl 11 I'll do the lemming in the Mediterranean Sea, so I'll call it unbeatable also ;)

It was just sending first lemming up, and building bridge to exit, and other between the 2 colums at bottom.
The others are just caving horizontal, building a bridge for the gap and caving diagonal, the first one have enough time to do that '2 ladder trick' so everyone can get in.

Anyways, congratulations, you brought the game to the end!! (hmm this sentence could be a random ending for a cpc game haha) :·)

Regards!

Xyphoe

Thanks mate again!

I've put a vid up of that level now :)

[AMSTRAD CPC] Lemmings - Mayhem 12 Done! (without cheats!)

Sadly Mayhem 11 still needs a patch then I guess!  :(

dragon

Up! back to 2017.

mayhem 12.

The game compare the position of the lemming with a variable memory f774(exit horizontal position) f775 (exit vertical position).

When he compare the register de e=&f774 and d= &7775 in ram &a725..The game considerer the lemming is in the exit and enter it.

In the case of mayhem 12 the value in &f774/f776 is &2750

When the lemming is  in front of the exit they send to register de=5427 and compare it with 5027 and he conclude is four pixels down of the exit.

So simply putting &2754 in &f774/75 make the lemmings go in to the exit.

Mayhem 11 should be the same, but i unkwon the value first i need go to the exit XDDDD.

Put a breakpoint in &a72b, play mayhem 11 and when the lemming cross in front in the exit winape emerge the breakpoint. The content of register de is the content should be &f774/5  in these level to the lemmning enter normally.

O.k, i go to exit using pokes infinite builders/time etc etc... in mayhem 11 to test it.

Its the same. lemmings reports he is coordinates 4803 in the exit where is programmed to enter in 0344 So is 4 pixels same is mayhem 12

Change f775 from vertical 44 cordinate to vertical 48 and voila.

I think for some obscure reason the programmer copy bad the exit  coordinates, or the level editor they use,have a bug displaying  the graphical coordinates not match internally Game coordinates.

Anyway It appears a simple error with easy fix.

About time. Each level can be modified inicial  time. But i take a look if i can make clock more slow to match spectrum.

edit: o.k i have it :) . Slowdown the clock for all levels is easy to.

The game have a subrutine in &b822 call b6de that controls the clock. Inside her he only enter the part decrease   one second 1 of 9 times he enter in the subrutine.

This is controled by the cp  32 located in  &b6e6. In each call to subrutine A increases. If a>32 then clock is down one second.

So to slowdown the clock only is necesary change the 32 to other values. More high, more slowdown,more low, more faster :) .

So poke &b6e7 >32. :) . This affect all levels, load diferent levels not modifiy the speed.

The only question who is the perfect number to match spectrum speed. The .sna is a example wiith 64.