News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Looking for the name of one old Amstrad game....

Started by mauro77, 21:05, 08 December 17

Previous topic - Next topic

mauro77

Hi all,

I have already asked two years ago, but there was no right answer to my question.
The game I am asking for was an adventure game in an old house or an old castle. You was going from one room to another, either to the left or to the right and when you was at the end of the room it was switching to the next one. I think I have controlled a person who was visible on the screen. The rooms had some pictures hanging on the wall and some candles were also there.
One thing I know for sure that at the end of the game there was a percentage shown of all rooms(?) you have visited. I cannot remember how you have interacted with the rooms, anf if you was able to collect things/key etc. But for sure it was not an "action" game like Head over Heels or Knights Lore.
The game was very atmospheric and I never came to the end of it.

It would be really cool, if you could help me out here.
Thanks Mauro

P.S. As I can also remember there were no opponents and no music in this game but the graphics was really nice. At the end of the game a procentual progress was shown as your result of the discovered rooms or pieces.
As I can also remember there were no opponents and no music in this game but the graphics was really nice. At the end of the game a procentual progress was shown as your result of the discovered rooms or pieces.

Nich

mauro77

hmm, I cannot remember that I was able to cast spells.... But the rooms look really like the game I am looking for.
Are there similar games to Spellbound?

Beside this, I think that I was not able to jump but was able to move right or left only.

Nich

Quote from: mauro77 on 21:35, 08 December 17
hmm, I cannot remember that I was able to cast spells.... But the rooms look really like the game I am looking for.
Are there similar games to Spellbound?

Beside this, I think that I was not able to jump but was able to move right or left only.

Perhaps it was Tombstowne or Deathsville? (You can jump in these games, though.)

ivarf

Quote from: mauro77 on 21:05, 08 December 17
Hi all,

I have already asked two years ago, but there was no right answer to my question.
The game I am asking for was an adventure game in an old house or an old castle. You was going from one room to another, either to the left or to the right and when you was at the end of the room it was switching to the next one. I think I have controlled a person who was visible on the screen. The rooms had some pictures hanging on the wall and some candles were also there.
One thing I know for sure that at the end of the game there was a percentage shown of all rooms(?) you have visited. I cannot remember how you have interacted with the rooms, anf if you was able to collect things/key etc. But for sure it was not an "action" game like Head over Heels or Knights Lore.
The game was very atmospheric and I never came to the end of it.

It would be really cool, if you could help me out here.
Thanks Mauro

P.S. As I can also remember there were no opponents and no music in this game but the graphics was really nice. At the end of the game a procentual progress was shown as your result of the discovered rooms or pieces.
As I can also remember there were no opponents and no music in this game but the graphics was really nice. At the end of the game a procentual progress was shown as your result of the discovered rooms or pieces.

Other games from the same author:

http://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=staff&lenom=David%20JONES

robcfg

Could it be Nosferatu?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgR932BRGV0

or Spirits?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azBW3zWdWTo

Do you remember if it was an isometric game like Nosferatu, or a 2D game like Spirits? Just to narrow down the search scope.

ervin

ZbyniuR

In STARS, TREK is better than WARS.

mauro77

It was a 2D game like Spirits... As I can remember, there were no opponents and I had to collect pieces of puzzle. It was pretty similar to Spellbound but I don't think it was Spellbound. I can remember old historic rooms with candles and pictures on the wall - another hint could be that I was not able to jump but was only able to move to the right or to the left...

mauro77

It could be Mega Bucks...! thanks for the link to the games' pictures.

Dominoid

Quote from: mauro77 on 21:20, 24 March 18
It was a 2D game like Spirits... As I can remember, there were no opponents and I had to collect pieces of puzzle. It was pretty similar to Spellbound but I don't think it was Spellbound. I can remember old historic rooms with candles and pictures on the wall - another hint could be that I was not able to jump but was only able to move to the right or to the left...
Finders keepers or Knight Tyme?

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

mauro77

Mega Bucks was it :-) Happy to find it after several years searching...

It was a really good game in my eyes, cansomeone confirm that or do I think this because of to much nostalgy?