News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

looking for a type in called : PENGO

Started by SkulleateR, 20:09, 31 December 19

Previous topic - Next topic

SkulleateR

So, since I've resurrected my old 464 from the dead I began to give it a "stress test" and load some of my old tapes.

I found a tape with many type ins from german mags, also one called PENGO.BAS but it refuses to load, all other programs on that tape are loading without problems, but this one doesn't load. I've looked at the tape and it seems to be damaged there.

If I remember correctly it was a kind of snake style game where you have to collect all the symbols without touching the border or our own "line" that you create when moving. I've created a little mockup from what I remember (see below), maybe someone is remembering this ? It´s definitely from a german mag but I dunno from which one.

AMSDOS

Based on your mockup, I think it maybe Pergo, which was published in the June 1986 issue of CPC Schneider International. They had another game earlier called Pingo (Dec 1985), though that game is based on "Pengo"
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

SkulleateR

Quote from: AMSDOS on 21:56, 31 December 19
Based on your mockup, I think it maybe Pergo
Indeed it is  ;D  Thx a lot ... still wonder why I saved the files as PENGO back in the 80s, but hey, I was young  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: