News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Mockup game

Started by Unoquepasa, 01:47, 11 February 18

Previous topic - Next topic

Unoquepasa

a long time without writing. It is simply an idea of ​​the many that I have pending. If I had more time I would like to participate in a new game making graphics.

mr_lou

Thanks for posting.

A lot of us are pressed for time, but we find a moment every now and then to create something small, like e.g. a piece of graphics.

We ought to have "The CPC Game Accessories Vault", where everyone can just put these small projects that they make, and thus make it available for anyone who might find them useful.

For example, post graphics / mockups / ideas / music etc etc. Anything you can think of.
Then let anyone use it. Maybe a coder will get inspired to create a game using your graphics. Who knows.

The only thing that might become an issue here, is that it can be difficult for artists to accept when their art isn't used exactly as they imagined......

Unoquepasa

Thanks
we need that -The CPC Game Accessories Vault- site.

Gryzor

I can do that if people want it. How do you guys imagine that?

ComSoft6128

Possibly include this and the other 3 vids?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6oWprDcA9U

mr_lou

Quote from: Gryzor on 18:59, 11 February 18
I can do that if people want it. How do you guys imagine that?

I don't know what's possible to do with the wiki.

I created IndieGameMusic.com back in the day focusing solely on audio, and offering a ton of search options. Many different fileformats, styles, moods etc.
Would have loved to create a similar IndieGameGraphics.com site with similar many search options. In fact me and my better half were extremely close starting up such a project:
http://pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=19412

But as usual daily life came in the way.

I mention these two sites because, the Amstrad CPC could be added as a platform on such sites, simply by adding certain fileformats. I think I've asked about that before here on the CPCwiki forum, but didn't see a whole lot of interest.
But it would be easy to add e.g. "SKS" (STarKos) as a fileformat.

Anyway... the Amstrad CPC community of course doesn'st need a solution of that size. I imagine there'll only ever be a handful of available assets, so we can simply browse through them manually. But those other sites may give some inspiration to a smaller system here on the CPCwiki.

For graphics it would be nice to see which MODE they are in, and what the sprite size is.
And for audio we'll need to know which fileformat it's in.

Unoquepasa

Hi again.
Perhaps a section in forum for wips graphics and collaboration search?
Another mockup, some small tiles.
Floor is lava...

Un saludo.

EgoTrip

The colours are garish, and it's way too busy. It's hard to see what's going on.

Unoquepasa

Some mode 2 skecht

Some testing AGD, caotic program in disc...sorry