News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

The Curse of Rabenstein released

Started by CFox, 11:43, 27 March 20

Previous topic - Next topic

CFox

Search didn't find anything, so sorry if this is already posted somewhere.

This multiformat graphic-/text adventure game has also been released for CPC. I haven't yet tested it myself, but it sure looks good!

https://8bitgames.itch.io/rabenstein

It is downloadable with a "name your price" scheme and also physical copies will be available.

Game was also featured on indieretronews article, but it wasn't tagged for Amstrad, so it doesn't pop up if using filters:
http://www.indieretronews.com/2020/03/the-curse-of-rabenstein-high-grade.html

CPC6128 - Gotek FlashFloppy - CTM644 - OSSC

Gryzor

Haven't played it, but I've been following its development; it looks really great!

CFox

Quote from: Gryzor on 11:47, 27 March 20
Haven't played it, but I've been following its development; it looks really great!
It indeed looks!

I also checked PolyPlay's store page, and physical copy is released April 1st (preorders are available) for 29.90€. Amstrad/Spectrum combo release includes the following:

Collector's Edition features:
3" diskette

• Cardboard box

• MicroSD card including disk images and more

• incl. special version for the ZX Spectrum Next

• incl. special version for Spectrums with divMMC

• Necklace with wooden cross

• 8-page DIN A5 manual (English)

• Stickers

• Poster (Din A3)

• Shrink-wrapped
CPC6128 - Gotek FlashFloppy - CTM644 - OSSC

Gryzor

Targhan

Downloaded it and played it a bit. So far it's very good! The texts are very well written, and so far the parser, though limited, is not a burden. The graphics are quite beautiful, and drawn in a rather unusual way for a CPC (they have a C64 feeling, which is where they must have been drawn first I guess).
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Vyper68

I played it last week and finished it. It's a little short but it's very good with atmospheric text and the graphics are excellent too. I'm very tempted to buy the polyplay release on top of the itch.io version I already own.
Paul Woakes - Genius & Programmer

Thank you for Mercenary Paul

ukmarkh

I had fun with this one, there's maybe one section that had me stumped early on, apart from that I think I whizzed through it in about two to three hours. Short but sweet! I think the point and click replaced these types of games, which is a shame as I think there's still room for both.