Author Topic: New Game: A Prelude To Chaos CPC  (Read 13674 times)

Offline arnoldemu

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
    • Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource
  • Liked: 2150
Re: New Game: A Prelude To Chaos CPC
« Reply #10 on: 11:15, 23 March 16 »
@EgoTrip: I have a suggestion for your next game and I can help you with this when you're ready :)

I found it difficult to walk through some of the doorways. For your next game consider "sliding collision" near doors.

What happens here is if you move the character against the wall and keep moving, the collision also moves you down or up (as appropiate) so that you eventually line up with the door and go through.

This means I can walk to the door in a slightly wrong place and the game moves me into position.

I'm going to play your game more this weekend :)

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Offline reidrac

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
  • Trying to gamedev!
    • index.php?action=treasury
    • usebox.net
  • Liked: 915
« Reply #11 on: 11:43, 23 March 16 »
@EgoTrip: I have a suggestion for your next game and I can help you with this when you're ready :)

I found it difficult to walk through some of the doorways. For your next game consider "sliding collision" near doors.

That's good stuff! I implemented it in a couple of games, so you can't get stuck in corners and the player movement feels more "fluid".

I don't think anybody ever noticed (or at least nobody mentioned it), but that's good advice. It is in the small details that a game shows quality.

@EgoTrip congrats again for the game!
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail and Magica for the CPC.

Offline EgoTrip

• 6128 Plus
    • http://egochip.blogspot.co.uk/
  • Liked: 643
« Reply #12 on: 14:16, 23 March 16 »
Thanks for the comments everyone.

yes thanks for that i worked out

Would you mind using [ spoiler ] tags for solutions to puzzles please?

@arnoldemu @reidrac I will if I can figure it out. I wanted to include it in this game but I didn't know how, and to be honest I'm glad the game is finished and am sick of the sight of it. But in the next version I will include it.
EgoTrip's Stuff
EgoTrip's Stuff

Offline Joseman

• 6128 Plus
  • Liked: 610
« Reply #13 on: 14:51, 23 March 16 »
That's good stuff! I implemented it in a couple of games, so you can't get stuck in corners and the player movement feels more "fluid".

I don't think anybody ever noticed (or at least nobody mentioned it), but that's good advice. It is in the small details that a game shows quality.

@EgoTrip congrats again for the game!

Well, yesterday i played 20 minutes and i got stuck on almost every door that i tried to enter  :laugh: , you just have to enter too precise on doors and is a little annoying.

I didn't comment anything because i know how hard is to code a game, and i respect this way of entering doors!  :laugh:

Offline khaz

• 464 Plus
  • Liked: 241
« Reply #14 on: 17:09, 23 March 16 »
Oh, I see what you guys mean. It's actually not only the doors, but all the interactive elements: you need to be exactly at the same horizontal or vertical coordinates to push things or go through doors or unlock them, etc. Perhaps a little bit of leeway there could help smooth the experience a bit?
[edit] ok I think I get it. Because you can't face objects, you can't move diagonally towards them. If you were able to, you'd be able to wiggle your way in.[/edit]

I'm actually stuck in the pink room where you can move four crates and have two locked doors? I only have the water weapon but I don't see anywhere else to go.
« Last Edit: 17:11, 23 March 16 by khaz »

Offline cpc4eva

• 464 Plus
  • Liked: 143
« Reply #15 on: 22:39, 23 March 16 »
yeah im stuck in the pink room too KHAZ...... what do u do with those movable blocks is it a puzzle or they are just there for show ?

as for the comments re being exactly horizontal / vertical it hasnt bothered me trying to solve how to get the jewels in screens u cant reach is bothering me lol maybe i need to solve that pink room first b4 i get further ???

Offline EgoTrip

• 6128 Plus
« Reply #16 on: 23:49, 23 March 16 »
yeah im stuck in the pink room too KHAZ...... what do u do with those movable blocks is it a puzzle or they are just there for show ?

as for the comments re being exactly horizontal / vertical it hasnt bothered me trying to solve how to get the jewels in screens u cant reach is bothering me lol maybe i need to solve that pink room first b4 i get further ???

The crates are not just for show. If there are crates in a room then you need to move them. Where to is up to you to figure out. You'll know you did it right when you solve it.
EgoTrip's Stuff
EgoTrip's Stuff

Offline cpc4eva

• 464 Plus
  • Liked: 143
« Reply #17 on: 00:17, 24 March 16 »
The crates are not just for show. If there are crates in a room then you need to move them. Where to is up to you to figure out. You'll know you did it right when you solve it.

i know ive been doing it wrong lol ;)   moved all 4 to each corner, then on top of each other, then to that thing in the middle of screen...... No Good !!!!! hahaha well we know its a puzzle now

Offline khaz

• 464 Plus
  • Liked: 241
« Reply #18 on: 02:35, 24 March 16 »

Haha yeah, I had an epiphany just earlier

I'm about near the end now, but I must be missing something. There's only one unexplored area on the map, I have
Spoiler: show
38 crystals and one key, one empty spece in the inventory next to the potion (what does it do anyway? extra life?)
. I just can't pass the
electric barrier to get to the hole in the ground
. I've explored everything twice now, but I just can't find a switch, or more crystals, or something else.

Cool game though!

Offline EgoTrip

• 6128 Plus
« Reply #19 on: 11:02, 24 March 16 »
Haha yeah, I had an epiphany just earlier

I'm about near the end now, but I must be missing something. There's only one unexplored area on the map, I have
38 crystals and one key, one empty spece in the inventory next to the potion (what does it do anyway? extra life?)
. I just can't pass the
electric barrier to get to the hole in the ground
. I've explored everything twice now, but I just can't find a switch, or more crystals, or something else.

Cool game though!

There are two more jewels to find, have you entered all the buildings? The entrance to the last room is not obvious. The potion is basically an extra life, it refills your health bar when you die, so you can continue on without going back to the start and keep your EXP.
EgoTrip's Stuff
EgoTrip's Stuff