News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

New Game: Defence

Started by Shining, 22:03, 07 September 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Shining

Soo I finally think 3 years of development are enough and I dont want to optimize the little bastard to death.

That's why I now declare Defence as finished.

You'll get all informations and downloads at a little site I put online for the game:

http://cpc.scifinet.org

There are also informations about the 3 different editions of defence. Because after all that time I also wanted to offer a physical release....
TGS is back

Download my productions at:
cpc.scifinet.org

SRS

Cool :)

Shouldn't you have waited until the "competition" now ? Only some more weeks ... :D

reidrac

Nice digitised speech!

I gave it a quick go but I need more time to get into this game. Thanks!
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

Prodatron

Congratulation! This game is the first one of its genre on the CPC and it's really awesone! I just love it! I already spent so many hours with it some time ago! :)

GRAPHICAL Z80 MULTITASKING OPERATING SYSTEM

Gryzor

Ohhhhh the one I've been waiting for!!!!!

Unfortunately your site doesn't seem to work?? Too bad :(

SRS

It worked yesternight. Now the whole server seems to be down. I suspect C64-hackers ... :D

villain

Quote from: SRS on 09:49, 08 September 16
It worked yesternight. Now the whole server seems to be down. I suspect C64-hackers ... :D

Also today in the morning.  :)

Slow, but working...

Kris

Nice game ; I'm already very addicted to the music: very good one !!!

Gryzor

Ah, it works now.

Hehe, love the Amazon link, too bad I don't have a .de account or I'd buy it from there :D

Shining

The server ran for several months without any problem. Just the time I added Defence, it crashed  :( .

First I thought like SRS about the C64-hackers but then I saw on the recovery console that the harddisc was full  :) .

It's fixed now .....
TGS is back

cpc.scifinet.org

Shining

Quote from: Gryzor on 11:47, 08 September 16
Hehe, love the Amazon link, too bad I don't have a .de account or I'd buy it from there :D

I loved the idea to have something actual at amazon.
TGS is back

cpc.scifinet.org

Bryce

Sold out (or not available for some other reason) on Amazon at the moment anyway.

Bryce.

Shining

Yes, I know. I think, that there are no more major bugs in the game but if, it is not so easy to fix them in a physical release.

So I first wanted to get a little feedback about the freeware edition....

If it is wanted, I can activate it there with the limitation that in the case of major bugs, the update will come by email...
TGS is back

cpc.scifinet.org

mr_lou

Quote from: Shining on 12:27, 08 September 16
Yes, I know. I think, that there are no more major bugs in the game but if, it is not so easy to fix them in a physical release.

So I first wanted to get a little feedback about the freeware edition....

Good strategy. I'm planning on doing the same with my own project.  :)

reidrac

Quote from: Shining on 12:27, 08 September 16

That's a sensible way to do it; free download first and let some people play the game for a couple of weeks.

You may not find any bugs, but if you do I'm sure it pays off the wait.
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

VincentGR

Amazing!!!
Aaaahhh, the good old speech synth  :)

roudoudou

Could you tell us more about the digitized speech?
My pronouns are RASM and ACE

Shining

The Speak-Code was adapted form: NoRecess - "The Speaker" - an impressive text-to-speech program for the Amstrad

So I can send a Text to the routine and it speaks it....

Over 50 downloads of defence so far. Anyone won some maps already ?
TGS is back

cpc.scifinet.org

Targhan

I admit I had some trouble understanding what was going on during the game.
Only one enemy at the time seemed attacked by my turrets (the little sparks on an enemy means "attacked", right?). Yet they only seem to have a 1 square range, so I wonder how this is possible that only one enemy is being hit. What did I miss?

I didn't notice significant result when using the "slow down" turret... Are they really useful?

I survived to a few waves, died soon after the flying monsters came by.

I'll try again though!

Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Shining

It would had been best, if the towers did produce some kind of bullets by themselves but 1) I had this Idea too late and 2) I'm not that good to implement soo many then needed sprites at the same time. So animating the enemy, when it is hit, was a compromise.

When one enemy is hit at field x for example this field is not able to attack another enemy for some frames. So mostly, the first enemy is attacked and only later in the game, when in one phase more enemys are spawn, the last-ones will be attacked by the same field x again (as you can see by the "fire"-animation).

Yes, the range of the turrets is 1, so that one turret, surrounded by 8 fields, attacks enemys on all these 8. Air-Enemys will be attacked by the field in front of the tower, when they are above the tower and by the field behind the tower.

Especially in the first levels, the slow-towers don't make very much sense. And indeed I don't use them very much.
TGS is back

cpc.scifinet.org

roudoudou

My pronouns are RASM and ACE

TFM

Super great project. The first of it's kind and the first I played. It's very addictive and runs very well. Thank you so much!  :) :) :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Nich

Quote from: Shining on 11:44, 09 September 16
The Speak-Code was adapted form: NoRecess - "The Speaker" - an impressive text-to-speech program for the Amstrad

Which in turn was a plagiarised version of Speech! by Superior Software, as explained in the link above... ;)

Joseman

Oh! what an evening!!

i've been playing this for hours!!

At the start is difficult to understand all the things of the game and what's going on... but little by little i ended map 1 !!  ;D

The music is perfect, the score, achievement and save slot put this game near a console game or modern game...

The graphics are so CPCish... that is impossible that you don't like them!!

I noticed that the hit animation isn't displayed always but the enemies seems to die anyway... is a little weird at the start because you think that the torrets aren't working correctly...

I noticed too that if you place an object hitting fire quickly, sometimes catchs an enemy in the same field, and for an instant the enemy and the object are in the same field.

Overall the game is addictive as hell, count with me for a physical copy!!

Shining

Quote from: Joseman on 21:21, 09 September 16
I noticed that the hit animation isn't displayed always but the enemies seems to die anyway... is a little weird at the start because you think that the torrets aren't working correctly...

I noticed too that if you place an object hitting fire quickly, sometimes catchs an enemy in the same field, and for an instant the enemy and the object are in the same field.

In the past I had sometimes the case, that an enemy was near death and when it reached a torret-field which is not stunned, the enemy died faster than the hit animation showed up. 

About the second notice: I'm aware of that, was a little tricky to try to prevent this and sometimes this still happens  :( . In the past I had also crashes of the game about that. I got a bug-report some minutes ago which could have something todo with this and perhaps I can improve the code here. I'll take a look...

TGS is back

cpc.scifinet.org