News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

New Game: Defence

Started by Shining, 22:03, 07 September 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke

I finally got through the first map aswell, phew :) - Quite an entertaining game!

Shining

Quote from: Joseman on 21:21, 09 September 16

The music is perfect

I've heard this tunes now many many times during the last 3 years but I still insert the Soundtrack in my car-radio very often. I'm deeply grateful to MmcM for the permission to bring these tunes to CPC.
TGS is back

Download my productions at:
cpc.scifinet.org

Puresox

First off ...Thanks for this addition , Pioneer of the defense game on the CPC.
Really enjoying this game , I have only quickly scanned the instruction manual, as you do. Got straight into playing it , took me a few goes to get the gist off what was going on and how things worked. The game gradually gets its grip on you and you can't help wanting one more go , see if I can beat my last score. Without meaning to be rude , but I started off thinking hohum its s'alright...,to being really impressed with it. The game is great and You can easily see it being developed into so much more .
. It has great graphics ,awesome music and speech and some impressive presentation . The game has a lot of legs on it imo. Cheers.
I will be purchasing a copy soon.

TFM

It's not ok that CPC-Rulez doesn't cope with the Lizenz of the game and put only the DSK up instead of the released archive INCLUDING the handbook (no need to play the game without reading the handbook).  >:(
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Shining

It is now changed there. They now use an archive with all the files.

Thanks for that !

TGS is back

cpc.scifinet.org

remax

Is it possible to have your paypal account instead of using the "donate" button ?

I can send money without any fares, i am not sure it's the same with donate, is it ?
Brain Radioactivity

Shining

[attach=2]

Some updates:

I got feedback about one rare bug, where you could crash the game. I was not able to reproduce it but I saw a theoretical thing where it could happen. So I updated defence to prevent this. The freeware-edition on my website is updated to V1.01 and since this was the only bug-feedback, I'm producing the first personalized editions at the moment and they will be sent out next week. Thanks for pre-ordering and your support!!!

I forgot to mention that you can run the tool reset on every defence-edition to reset one of your savegame-slots. The manual on my website is also updated to describe this...

Since I found it funny to have cpc-related stuff at amazon.de. It can now be ordered there, too. But because of their fees, it is more expensive than paypal.http://www.amazon.de/dp/B01KXSWJWK

Also I was asked to produce a litte tutorial video. So I recorded a video, where I play Map4-Level0 until victory:

TGS is back

cpc.scifinet.org

HAL6128

Hi Shining,
Yesterday I started playing your game and finalized two maps.
Just want to say that your game is awesome, addictive. Sound on big loudspeaker is so impressive.
Lot of fun in finding the right strategy to beat the opponents!
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

Puresox

What is the best/easiest way to purchase a copy ?

Shining

On my defence-website at cpc.scifinet.org you will find my paypal-account and also the amazon link. But please, if you place an order, provide me the name to which I should personalize the game to and if it is ok to put that name on my website. Some people wanted to have it personalized to their real name but they didn't want their real name on the site. So we used their pseudo there...

If paypal and amazon is not ok for someone, please contact me by pm.
TGS is back

cpc.scifinet.org

Puresox

Bare with me , will PM you before long and sort a copy , although my Monitor does not work so I use Emulators . But still will have a copy,I will try to support any of the CPC software makers if I can from now on .

ukmarkh

Just made a purchase... Can't wait!!!

Shining

Little update: Since there was a heavy bug in defence (also in the freeware edition but nobody mentioned it), the game crashed sometimes when you lost a map (Especially on maps 9-12). The bug was implemented due to a last minute change which was done for the personalized edition but also crashed the free edition. When I found the bug by myself, I already had shipped 5 editions.

For these 5 versions I reburned a fixed CD and made a 3" disk with the fixed game:

I have sent your fixed editions on monday. So do not wonder if they arrive...

All other orders by paypal and amazon (exept one, but the person knows) were shipped on friday last week or monday this week.

Since I used the time between freeware release and personalized release there is a little surprise on the personalized edition for M4-owners...
TGS is back

cpc.scifinet.org

ukmarkh

I have an M4, can't wait to see what the surprise is on the weekend :-)

remax

Quote from: Shining on 21:56, 12 October 16
Little update: Since there was a heavy bug in defence (also in the freeware edition but nobody mentioned it), the game crashed sometimes when you lost a map (Especially on maps 9-12). The bug was implemented due to a last minute change which was done for the personalized edition but also crashed the free edition. When I found the bug by myself, I already had shipped 5 editions.

For these 5 versions I reburned a fixed CD and made a 3" disk with the fixed game:

I have sent your fixed editions on monday. So do not wonder if they arrive...

All other orders by paypal and amazon (exept one, but the person knows) were shipped on friday last week or monday this week.

Since I used the time between freeware release and personalized release there is a little surprise on the personalized edition for M4-owners...

Does that explain why i received two times the games+CD and two times the manual, one personalized to remax and one to my real name ?
If yes, which one is the fixed version ?

Thanks for all !
Quote from: ukmarkh on 22:21, 12 October 16I have an M4, can't wait to see what the surprise is on the weekend :-)

I know what it is :D

Sad that my M4 Board doesn't work anymore :(
Brain Radioactivity

Shining

Hi remax, I mistakenly printed your manual twice.But why put one in the bin, so I've sent you both. The package, which included only cd+disk, is the right version.

@all:: the last thing, written in the scroller at the main menu, is the version number. Should be V1.02.....
TGS is back

cpc.scifinet.org

remax

Quote from: Shining on 05:50, 14 October 16
Hi remax, I mistakenly printed your manual twice.But why put one in the bin, so I've sent you both. The package, which included only cd+disk, is the right version.

OK :)

I think i'm gonna open a thread to ask for advices to play this game... I managed to go to wave 28 on my something like 30th try, but i'm certainly missing basic technics...
Brain Radioactivity

Gryzor

Hey, is the physical form still available for sale?

Gryzor

Thanks - I did visit your page but I thought I'd ask first because it's been some time...

Duke

Quote from: Gryzor on 17:42, 09 July 17
Thanks - I did visit your page but I thought I'd ask first because it's been some time...
It's not mine :) - Just thought I'd share the links, probably wise to await a reply from Shining himself, I agree.

Shining

Because every physical edition is made after purchase (because of individualization) and I have some materials (cases, cdr, etc.) left, yes, it is still possible  ;D .
TGS is back

cpc.scifinet.org