News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

New game for Amstrad GX-4000 from Condense

Started by XeNoMoRPH, 16:37, 08 August 19

Previous topic - Next topic

XeNoMoRPH

QuoteAs you may know it, Condense basically spent the last decade creating demos for the Amstrad CPC 6128, releasing Pheelone (2009), Phortem (2013) and phX (2018).
We started to get some interest lately for the Amstrad Plus, thanks to productions like CRTC³, Eerie Forest and the incredible remakes of Ghost'n'Goblins (the one from
Xifos/Targhan is released, and the very promising one from
Golem13/iXien is still in development). And of course, let's not forget Gerald that has made an incredible gift to the Amstrad community by releasing the C4CPC, a fantastic device allowing the launch of custom programs running from a SDCard directly on the real machine.
source: http://norecess.cpcscene.net/news/our-next-project-is-a-game-for-the-gx-4000-to-be-previewed-at-alchimie-demoparty-2019
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

Gryzor

Quoteo today, we are announcing our next ambitious project: a GAME for the Amstrad GX-4000. Don't ask: we don't provide any more details for now

Booh!

ComSoft6128

A Plus Doom clone could/would be amazing.

Gryzor

One that requires online registration 😆

norecess464

No Doom clone and no online features. Sorry. Will you sell your console?  8)
My personal website: https://norecess.cpcscene.net
My current project is Sonic GX, a remake of Sonic the Hedgehog for the awesome Amstrad GX-4000 game console!

ComSoft6128

Sorry @norecess no gx4000 here, just two 6128 Plus machines and they will have to pried from my "cold dead hands"!

VincentGR

Quote from: Gryzor on 17:09, 08 August 19
One that requires online registration 😆

And DRM, don't forget DRM.

fgbrain

Show us a video or screen shot!!! We can't wait...
_____

6128 (UK keyboard, Crtc type 0/2), 6128+ (UK keyboard), 3.5" and 5.25" drives, Reset switch and Digiblaster (selfmade), Inicron Romram box, Bryce Megaflash, SVideo & PS/2 mouse, , Magnum Lightgun, X-MEM, X4 Board, C4CPC, Multiface2 X4, RTC X4 and Gotek USB Floppy emulator.

Skunkfish

Have we seen a cart game yet that really pushes the system to the limits? I guess that we're about to....
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

norecess464

The first images/video of the game will be released during the Alchimie demoparty (beginning of November).
My current project is Sonic GX, a remake of Sonic the Hedgehog for the awesome Amstrad GX-4000 game console!

pelrun

I *finally* managed to win an auction for a reasonably priced GX4000 today, looks like it was just in time!

(here's hoping I didn't get scammed again...)

ComSoft6128

Best of luck,

If you get it - get a two player game of Pang going with family or friends - its still a great (addictive) Plus game ;D

CraigsBar

Hopefully these projects won't become vapourware like Pinball Dreams :'(
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

roudoudou

Quote from: CraigsBar on 17:45, 09 August 19
Hopefully these projects won't become vapourware like Pinball Dreams :'(

Do not be rude with  BG. The  game is  really  finished
In fact copyrights is not compliant  with an intention  to sell...
My pronouns are RASM and ACE

CraigsBar

Quote from: roudoudou on 18:08, 09 August 19

Do not be rude with  BG. The  game is  really  finished
In fact copyrights is not compliant  with an intention  to sell...

I am not being rude, just realistic at this point. What they produced is awesome, no doubt about that. The technical feat is astounding but at this point I cannot ever see it being available and therefore the Vapourware title fits. Only a select few people will ever get to experience/play the masterpiece.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

robcfg

They could create new tables and name it BatPinball, but I guess they are trying to reach an agreement before resorting to that.

pelrun

There is a big difference between being vapourware and being in limbo. Vapourware doesn't simply mean "unreleased", it's a perjorative term meaning the developer is hyping it without being able to finish it. Pinball Dreams is finished, it's just in limbo for legal reasons outside of BG Games control.

ComSoft6128

Carnivius

yeah Pinball Dreams isn't remotely vapourware.  The game itself is done and exists.

My projects are much more vapourware as i really don't know if they'll ever be even half complete cos i'm crap at everything.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

VincentGR

Quote from: Carnivius on 19:24, 09 August 19
yeah Pinball Dreams isn't remotely vapourware.  The game itself is done and exists.

My projects are much more vapourware as i really don't know if they'll ever be even half complete cos i'm crap at everything.

I don't think so, you just need time, clean thinking and focus  :D

TotO

Quote from: CraigsBar on 18:35, 09 August 19I cannot ever see it being available and therefore the Vapourware title fits.
No, it is not appropriated as the game exist and it is possible to play it on CPC events. A vaporware is a rumour of something that nobody have seen..I think that is abusive to use this word for this game.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

tjohnson

If PD was just released what would really happen?  Are the copyright owners really going to lose sleep over a very niche piece of software or is it being held with the intention of selling it for money?

TotO

Quote from: tjohnson on 21:17, 09 August 19
If PD was just released what would really happen?  Are the copyright owners really going to lose sleep over a very niche piece of software or is it being held with the intention of selling it for money?

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Longshot

QuoteThe first images/video of the game will be released during the Alchimie demoparty (beginning of November).
Didn't you tell me that we should not broadcast a preview of xezéfeé"&errf-GX (argh...my fingers slipped  :-X )
Rhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

norecess464

Btw (since I got the question) the game targets the Amstrad GX-4000 but of course, it will also run on Amstrad Plus computers.  :)