News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Vespertino - new game from BG Games

Started by XeNoMoRPH, 15:17, 05 May 19

Previous topic - Next topic

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

GUNHED

http://futureos.de --> Get the revolutionary FutureOS (Update: 2023.11.30)
http://futureos.cpc-live.com/files/LambdaSpeak_RSX_by_TFM.zip --> Get the RSX-ROM for LambdaSpeak :-) (Updated: 2021.12.26)

pacomix

At what time?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

adolfo.pa

Rhino

Thanks Xeno for spread it!
AmigaWave is a Spanish channel, but after they show it we'll upload it to Twitter.

VincentGR

ukmarkh

Finally, Outrun will be released for the Amstrad CPC [emoji2957]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vasilisk

Why the resolution in the youtube video is like watching 144p? Is it because we are watching it, through teamviewer?
I hope the cpc part, to be better :P

VincentGR

You should include a pair of pants with that cause I shit mine.

vasilisk

Just when you thought you 've seen it all...

roudoudou

My pronouns are RASM and ACE

ukmarkh

When will it be released to play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maniac

ervin

HOW THE HECK IS THIS POSSIBLE?!?!?!
I actually gasped out loud when I saw the game footage.

[EDIT] I watched the gameplay part of the video again, but at 0.25 speed.
It still looks incredible, compared to pretty much any other CPC racing game.

00WReX

The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

AHack

This is so exciting. The Amstard still keeps giving after all these years! I think we have entered a new goldern age of 8bit gaming where the CPC rules surpreme.

ervin

The list of features is very interesting.
Does anyone know what "PRI Technology" is?

AHack

I'll make a stab at what I think 3D CRTC-FX Engine is. I think the screen is been ruptured every scan line for the road, so that you can have a hardware scroll offset for each line. The road graphics are precalculated on a scan line basis so for each screen line you set a start address for the CRCT so you don't need to copy the graphics by the CPU.

In away this is mimicing what the Amiga COPPER can do and these types of games were done this way on that system. If you look at the road in the video the top part of the screen is where the game will calculate game logic while the road area will need exact timings to manipulate the scan lines... in a way a dead area for game logic to run. The mountain areas is a bigger screen ruptures so the mountains can scroll left and right. And the up down movement is a combination of vertical scrolling or changing the addresses for the scan line ruptures. That's my guess :)

I always thought scanline ruptures failed on one type of CRTC? So I presume this game will only be compatiable with certain CRTC types. Even so very impressive use of the hardware!

roudoudou

Quote from: ervin on 05:23, 06 May 19
The list of features is very interesting.
Does anyone know what "PRI Technology" is?
Means trigger interruptions where he wants.
Useful to place road and horizon with Split technics
Adding software sprites over splitted lines on the fly remains a big challenge

AHack

Quote from: roudoudou on 05:50, 06 May 19
Means trigger interruptions where he wants.
Useful to place road and horizon with Split technics
Adding software sprites over splitted lines on the fly remains a big challenge

How do you trigger interrupts where you want? I sort of ask how to do this in the programmers section but got no answers back. I wanted to know if you could delay them.

roudoudou

Quote from: AHack on 05:56, 06 May 19

How do you trigger interrupts where you want? I sort of ask how to do this in the programmers section but got no answers back. I wanted to know if you could delay them.

You may reset interrupt count with RMR and probably cheat the counter via hidden vertical Split. I never tried myself to play with this

Optimus

I was checking to see if it's April 1st =)
Initially it really looked like these CPC mockups of getting a smooth Amiga game and just downgrading to the CPC palette.
But it must be legit since it's BG. Can't be so smooth and polished, wow!!!

And also I am so happy, the one game genre I always wanted to see a new homebrew game with smooth gameplay on CPC is racing.

Gryzor

I waited to watch it live last night but it got late, so I saw it this morning when I woke up. Rubbing my eyes was not enough...