News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

New Game: Phantomas Tales #1: Marsport

Started by Metalbrain, 13:06, 11 March 09

Previous topic - Next topic

Metalbrain

The Mojon Twins, a new development group formed by several ex-CEZ GS members, has just released a new game for Spectrum and Amstrad CPC.

http://www.mojontwins.com/?page_id=171

Go and steal the cubic gold from the deepest caves of Mars!

Gryzor

FOR THE LOVE OF GODS! ANOTHER GAME? :D

No, really, what on earth is happening? We haven't seen so many new games since Imagine went bust...

Dizrythmia

OK, I can't read Spanish, but I assume this has nothing to do with the old Marsport from the 80s?

I'm assuming so based on the screenshots but I just thought I'd ask.

Gryzor

Never played the old one... but this one is rather neat, if a bit difficult. Not screen scrolling, unfortunately, but the design is well done so that you don't fall on enemies or in traps. Only problem I have is I don't know what to play first now!

Targhan

I sadly admit that I'm disappointed by the one. I really liked the previous opus (phantomas saga : infinity), but this one is not as good : the graphics seem like having been quickly transfered with no retouching. The music is rather dull, and there are a lot of details that lacks polishing : the unreadable font, the music that slows down when going from a screen to another... And the gameplay is exactly the same as before, without the perfectly smooth animation.
Disappointing !
Targhan/Arkos.
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Metalbrain

A new version has just been released fixing a bug with the random number generator that made it impossible to finish the game sometimes, as only 19 treasures would appear instead of 20.

Gryzor

@Targhan: come on man :) I don't think it's that bad. True, it's not as original or as polished as previous releases, but it's still a nice little game, no need to trash it like that...

Targhan

I didn't mean to trash it, sorry :). But I really enjoyed the first episode, that this one is really not as good. I simply don't understand why, and I'm disappointed. It looks like it is a quick'n'dirty port from spectrum, and I'm pretty sure it is.
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime