News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Searching for a lost game,"Bananas"-Possibly by Mike Wacker(Continued)

Started by Puresox, 23:51, 29 March 13

Previous topic - Next topic

Puresox

I have asked this question on here before , to no avail, but I want to restart my quest again. the game in question is "Banana's" and was apparently unreleased. the year of it's development must have been 1984. I had a copy on a blank tape along with Harrier Attack, Spannerman, Sultan's Maze and finally 'Banana's'. It was given to me by my Aunt who I am not in touch with anymore but I believe she used to be a part,or was involved with the company 'Arctic'. I am not sure whether she used to be friends with the programmer 'John Prince' -Mr Wongs Loopy Laundry - Mutant Monty .

The game 'Bananas' was of commercial quality and in a finished state, It was a very good Pengo clone and involved pushing crates around the screen trying to crush Monkeys. The faster you killed all the Monkeys the better the Bonus you would get.

I have just been searching through all my old games to see if I could find this Gem,which I'd love everyone to see. But couldn't find it, it has gone for good.

I have looked all over the internet to try and find any trace of it but there is none(That I can find anyhow)! I think the only way I may find it is by finding the programmer, which I am not sure who did it.
The Only Links I have are:-
1. That it was made by 'Mogul Communications' which made 'Fire Ant'.
2. It had the same scrolling,style High Score table as 'Fire Ant','Frank n'stein','Gilligans Gold'

[AMSTRAD CPC] Gilligan's Gold Longplay
3. Within that high score table on each of those games  are the names 'Mike Wacker' and 'Colin Murphy'
4. When you die in Gilligan's Island, the sprite was the same style as in 'Banana's'-(Character lies on his Back and stars encircle his head).

If anyone has any ideas on how to track this down , in any way, it would be helpful.
The game is well worth it and I would love to find out what it's story was, And maybe get to play the thing again....!?
Thanks.

arnoldemu

Maybe you had the only copy of it. Perhaps the only way at to find it is to find the author.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

arnoldemu

Quote from: arnoldemu on 15:16, 30 March 13
Maybe you had the only copy of it. Perhaps the only way at to find it is to find the author.
Dr John prince at tiertex designs?
Tiertex are still going he may be still there.
My games. My Games

arnoldemu

My games. My Games

EgoTrip

Quote from: arnoldemu on 15:28, 30 March 13

Talking to yourself is a sign of madness.

Devilmarkus

When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

Puresox

Quote from: arnoldemu on 15:28, 30 March 13
That is a possibility , if they are still in operation I may be able to contact them to see if he is still involved.
I hope that maybe one day someone who was the programmer  pops their head on to this board and maybe...?

AMSDOS

Interesting "choice" did some Ocean games, but "Gilligan's Gold" wasn't one of them, the same person did "Kong Strikes Back", though that was all they did in 1984.

Interesting did you know John Prince did a game with Adam Waring for Artic Computing called "International Rugby" in 1985. I'm just wondering if there's a connection there, and if Mike Wacker is Adam Waring in Disguise? Adam Waring was the guy who spent some time as Technical Writer(?)/Type-Ins for AA replacing Pat McDonald, during that time with AA his game "Lost Caves And The Tomb Of Doom" was reviewed and it even appeared on the Xmas Covertape (AA64 I think), with Level Selector. I cannot be 100% about this and when I look at Adam Waring and the stuff he did, they all seem to be contributions as part of a Writing Team. "Fire Ant" is pretty much the same.
Though I'm just wondering if this conversation took place earlier since there seems to be a vicious circle happening there.  :-X

Though I've been trying the same thing in trying to track down this "Hisoft Art In Pascal", it's writer Chris Pink, which I only found out he wrote the thing from a "T.A.C.G.R" interview he did a few years back is working for some Production company(?) in Canada! Haven't been able to contact him personally, though I seriously doubt he has been moving about (he was in the US I think for sometime), with a CPC and the only copy of "Art In Pascal" in existence. Hisoft which released the program, probably think I'm some CPC nut trying to get a program they haven't got out of them, I haven't heard anything back from them. The most annoying thing about that program is CPC-Power Confirms it's existence through an old advertisement, though it's the fact that while that program came out in 1986, by 1988 it was no longer in Hisoft's catalog which bugs me too.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

arnoldemu

Quote from: EgoTrip on 15:56, 30 March 13

Talking to yourself is a sign of madness.
You didn't spot the other signs???

I am mad.
My games. My Games

arnoldemu

Quote from: Puresox on 18:38, 30 March 13
That is a possibility , if they are still in operation I may be able to contact them to see if he is still involved.
I hope that maybe one day someone who was the programmer  pops their head on to this board and maybe...?
Look in linkedin for your aunt's name, or the company your aunt used to work for.
That may be another route to explore.

My games. My Games

Puresox

Gryzor