News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

New game: The Return of Traxtor

Started by reidrac, 18:35, 27 November 15

Previous topic - Next topic

reidrac

I know there aren't many two button joysticks out there, but I finally managed to test the game with a GX4000 controller, and it works!

Juan op Twitter: "And it works... The Return of Traxtor supports two button

Keyboard is fine, but with the gamepad plays just perfect (left button to fire blocks, right button to beam them into the bay).

(I had tested it in emulators, of course, but happy to see that the real thing works too)
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

dodogildo

Quote from: reidrac on 20:02, 28 December 15
I know there aren't many two button joysticks out there, but I finally managed to test the game with a GX4000 controller, and it works!

Juan op Twitter: "And it works... The Return of Traxtor supports two button

Keyboard is fine, but with the gamepad plays just perfect (left button to fire blocks, right button to beam them into the bay).

(I had tested it in emulators, of course, but happy to see that the real thing works too)
Real thing works too with 2 button Gamepad. And it's excellent ;)
M'enfin!

reidrac

I finally jumped to Mode 1 and ported the speccy loading screen...

[attach=2]

OK, agreed that is better than no loading screen (well, not completely true as it has a loading screen, but is just too dull).

I may re-release the game with this addition. Watch this space!
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

Kris

I just took few minutes to play the game and it is very adicitive :)
Great job ! Hope to see the final version soon  ;D

Bytebreaker

Great game. I know now what to play during lunch break on work days..

dodogildo

M'enfin!

reidrac

Well, if you don't mind me teasing you a little bit let me tell you that the game will have a physical release.

Besides it'll be an special one because it will have the ZX Spectrum version in one side and the Amstrad CPC in the other one.

Interested? Well, watch this space :)

dodogildo

Quote from: reidrac on 21:19, 04 March 16
Well, if you don't mind me teasing you a little bit let me tell you that the game will have a physical release.

Besides it'll be an special one because it will have the ZX Spectrum version in one side and the Amstrad CPC in the other one.

Interested? Well, watch this space :)

Definitely interested :)
M'enfin!

reidrac

Another teaser!

S★T★A★R on Twitter: "Aviso que son SERIE ULTRALIMATADA. Comprad o morid.

The publisher will be at the "Amstrad Eterno" event in Barcelona this weekend and there will be copies to buy of several homebrew games (including this one and others, like some games by CNG Soft).

It is a limited edition but I believe that there will be some copies available on Matra web in due time. I'll update this thread when that happens, in case anyone is interested.

I'll re-release the game with the port of the speccy loading screen soon, and that's the same edition that you'll find in the cassette.

Gryzor

yes, yes, please let us know! I saw a tweet about it and came straight here to find info on ordering a copy :)

reidrac

I've updated the ZIP file with the version of the game that was used for the physical release (with the mode 1 loading screen).

Unfortunately I don't have news about the cassette version; some people were lucky and got a copy already in one of the retro-events in Spain, but I don't know when it'll be available to buy online (if ever, to be honest).

Other than the loading screen, it is the same game.

Dubliner

Quote from: reidrac on 18:48, 10 August 16
Unfortunately I don't have news about the cassette version; some people were lucky and got a copy already in one of the retro-events in Spain, but I don't know when it'll be available to buy online (if ever, to be honest).

Doesn´t look like they will be available in the short term. Good luck with your new distributor, Golden Tail deserves a better distribution :)

Gryzor

reidrac

Matranet has updated the website and "The Return of Traxtor" is available to order:

MATRANET [dot] NET

It is a cassette edition and it has both the ZX Spectrum and the Amstrad CPC versions, one in each side.

Disclaimer: I waived any royalties on this one, although I was offered a fair deal. Basically I do this for fun and the physical release is just for people wanting to have it in cassette, and because I think new releases are a nice thing to have if we want to keep the system alive.

Why this disclaimer? I don't want you to buy this to support my work (although I appreciate it!), but because you love the game and want a nice cassette edition that reminds of ERBE's releases back in the 80s.

Gryzor

awergh

oooo I do like new physical releases.  ;D

Now I've never used matranet, do I simply fill in the form and they send me an email with how to pay by paypal or something like that?

reidrac

Quote from: awergh on 14:51, 06 September 16
oooo I do like new physical releases.  ;D

Now I've never used matranet, do I simply fill in the form and they send me an email with how to pay by paypal or something like that?

Once the form is sent, they'll contact you with the payment details.

DJO

Just downloaded this and had a play on my emulator, what a neat game, could get addictive!

Its great to see new games for Amstrad in 2016!

David