News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

New Game: Tower of Rubble

Started by Morri, 20:49, 12 July 17

Previous topic - Next topic

Morri

Hi All,
Please find below a new 100% BASIC game (464 compatible) which I recently wrote.
Titled "Tower of Rubble" it is actually a clone of a game I found here minus all of the good features.  :laugh:

I've found it to be a fun and additive little game, one of those "one more go" games.  8)

Music is recycled from my game "Coolbox" by @mr_lou simply because I had nothing else and didn't want to bother anyone.  ::)

Anyway, have fun and enjoy.
Oh and remember to post high scores with screenshot, maybe we can keep a table.

Cheers,
Morri
Keeping it Kiwi since 1977

Morri

Tower of Rubble Top 10 Hi-Score Table (screenshot required)

1. 195 - @remax
2. 143 - @remax
3. 140 - @Targhan
4. 131 - @remax
5. 120 - @remax
6. 116 - Morri
7. 112 - @remax
8. 107 - @Shaun M. Neary
9. 103 - @tjohnson
10. 101 - @remax

Morri

[/img]

remax

To help populate the Hi score table ;)

and
Brain Radioactivity

remax

Brain Radioactivity

||C|-|E||

I was playing yesterday but my hi-score was so low that it was not worth posting, I am afraid  :-X Once I was killed by the first set of bricks. We should have a low-score table, this way I would be on the very top  :picard:

CraigsBar

Quote from: ||C|-|E|| on 12:30, 13 July 17
I was playing yesterday but my hi-score was so low that it was not worth posting, I am afraid  :-X Once I was killed by the first set of bricks. We should have a low-score table, this way I would be on the very top  :picard:
I do not believe that.... I have not played yet.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3t using Tapatalk

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Shaun M. Neary

Managed a crappy score of 61, not even worth posting a screen shot for.

Frustratingly addictive though, I had to force myself to stop ten minutes after I'd intended to. I could waste hours on it.
Nice job.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Shaun M. Neary

GOD DAMN IT @Morri!!

Beat @remax' original score though, so stick me on the board please. =)
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: ||C|-|E|| on 12:30, 13 July 17

Bet you it didn't such as hard as this one...

Shaun M. Neary

Sorry @remax.

Now I'm done... officially. I've no hope in hell of beating your #1 spot!

remax

There is a big part of luck :D

I was stuck at the end but with no strick for a few tens of point.
Brain Radioactivity

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: remax on 14:07, 13 July 17
There is a big part of luck :D

I was stuck at the end but with no strick for a few tens of point.

Exact same happened me on my last go too.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Morri on 20:54, 12 July 17
Tower of Rubble Top 10 Hi-Score Table (screenshot required)

1. 195 - @remax
2. 116 - Morri
3. 101 - @remax
4. 95 - @Shaun M. Neary
5. 93 - @remax

Hey hey! Where's my other score? Get me up to third place! 😂😂

remax

I want my 3rd place back :

On this one i had been even luckier than my hi score. Stuck around 50. At one moment i thought i had found a weak point in the game.
Brain Radioactivity

Morri

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 21:22, 13 July 17
Hey hey! Where's my other score? Get me up to third place! 😂😂
:laugh: Don't worry, I'll update when I get home from work. There's a photo block on my office computer so I can't see all the scores :picard: .

Ha, I see I've manged to pull a few people down into the rabbit hole with me. This game can be so frustrating and additive at the same time!
This is why I love BASIC. I made this game in like 2 nights and have spent like the last 2 weeks playing / tweaking it and getting scores from 0 to 250 (more 0's than 250's which were because the speed was initially slower). I finally settled on this faster speed as I liked the panic when the lines lock onto your same position and  your reactions are severely tested.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Morri on 01:48, 14 July 17
:laugh: Don't worry, I'll update when I get home from work. There's a photo block on my office computer so I can't see all the scores :picard: .

Ha, I see I've manged to pull a few people down into the rabbit hole with me. This game can be so frustrating and additive at the same time!
This is why I love BASIC. I made this game in like 2 nights and have spent like the last 2 weeks playing / tweaking it and getting scores from 0 to 250 (more 0's than 250's which were because the speed was initially slower). I finally settled on this faster speed as I liked the panic when the lines lock onto your same position and  your reactions are severely tested.

What I enjoy about it is that it reminds me of a lot of games, where if I held the left or right button for that slight bit too long, it jumped two places. It's frustrating as hell but it's part of the charm of basic as well. =)

00WReX

I hope you do not mind Morri, but I quickly ran it through nocart to make a .cpr file.
Before doing that I just changed the 'left' and 'right' keys to the joystick/gamepad 'left and right'.
I also changed the ESC key mapping to the 'p' key so that it works on the Pause button of the GX4000.
It plays just fine on the GX4000  :)

[attachimg=1]

Cheers,
Shane

[attachimg=2]
The CPC in Australia...
Awa - CPCWiki

Shaun M. Neary

Nicely done Shane.
The more cpr conversions for the C4CPC, the better says me!  :D

Morri

Quote from: 00WReX on 05:53, 14 July 17
I hope you do not mind Morri, but I quickly ran it through nocart to make a .cpr file.
Before doing that I just changed the 'left' and 'right' keys to the joystick/gamepad 'left and right'.
I also changed the ESC key mapping to the 'p' key so that it works on the Pause button of the GX4000.
It plays just fine on the GX4000  :)

Cheers,
Shane

That's cool bro, no worries. Also that screenshot earns you two places in the high score table  :D

remax

Second place for me !

Hem, as you can notice, i have been more than lucky being stuck around 40...  ;D
Brain Radioactivity

remax

I'll get all the positions !!!  8)

Brain Radioactivity

AMSDOS

My rubble score of 67 was the best I could do.  :'(
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

tjohnson

best score I managed today 103, more luck than anything on this run.

Targhan

140!

[attachimg=1]

It's a really nice game, very addictive! But I guess you've reach the limit of the Basic: the character doesn't react as quickly as it should! But maybe it's related to the emulator (shame on me, but my CPC is not available right now).
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime