News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

New Game: Tower of Rubble

Started by Morri, 20:49, 12 July 17

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Targhan on 00:45, 16 July 17
It's a really nice game, very addictive! But I guess you've reach the limit of the Basic: the character doesn't react as quickly as it should! But maybe it's related to the emulator (shame on me, but my CPC is not available right now).

It's not the emulator, it's just basic. That said I've seen non basic games suffer this fault too. Puzznic was the absolute worst for that.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

AMSDOS

Quote from: Targhan on 00:45, 16 July 17

It's a really nice game, very addictive! But I guess you've reach the limit of the Basic: the character doesn't react as quickly as it should! But maybe it's related to the emulator (shame on me, but my CPC is not available right now).

I forgot to check what INPUT system Morri was using in this game, but in Coolbox Morri is using INKEY$ and using KEY DEF to refer the Keys to the Joystick and Cursor Keys. If it's the same with this game, then that would explain why the character doesn't react quickly as it should as INKEY()<>-1 or JOY(), however unlike INKEY() or JOY(), INKEY$ can be used with SPEED KEY.

EDIT: After looking at the source for this game it's shown to be using INKEY()=0, so I'm not sure, I've been playing it in Winape 2.0 Alpha 18 and it seems to be playing just fine for me.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

Morri

It really is just BASIC. The code checks for key presses, goes through the rest of the game loop (choosing a tile position, drawing the lines and printing the score) then loops back to the beginning and checks for key presses again. So depending on when you press the button, the game may react immediately or have a slight delay. All just part of the fun and frustration of games like this.  ;)
Keeping it Kiwi since 1977

remax

Brain Radioactivity

blackdalek

This may be a stupid question, but what keys do I use to play this? ;)
CPC6128 modded with ABBA switch. External 5.25" floppy drive with side switch and Multiface 2. Now also sporting a joystick splitter and M4 WiFi board.

Morri

Quote from: blackdalek on 15:01, 28 August 17
This may be a stupid question, but what keys do I use to play this? ;)

Left and right arrow keys, and that's it!

mr_lou

... so just to be sure....

Left arrow key makes the character go left, right?
Then right arrow key is left, which makes him go right?

8)

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: mr_lou on 19:11, 28 August 17

8)

I gave myself a headache reading this post...
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Morri

Quote from: mr_lou on 19:11, 28 August 17

8)

:laugh: