Author Topic: Doomsday Lost Echoes (Released)  (Read 20562 times)

Offline alex76gr

• CPC664
  • Liked: 79
Re: Doomsday Lost Echoes (Released)
« Reply #230 on: 23:27, 01 November 16 »
You did an outstanding job guys!
There is plenty of well drawn graphics and the use of color is nice and clever.
The text and the descriptions are very good and help greatly creating an eerie atmosphere.
Finally the manual is a work of art!

Thank you guys for your effort.

These are glorious times to be a CPC fan! :)
I still believe that i got my myopia from the green GT-65 monitor, but i can't prove it! :)

Offline Kerrick Sword

• CPC464
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #231 on: 23:44, 01 November 16 »
Hello to all,

Im a long time forum reader, but this time i feel obliged to write something.

First of all CONGRATULATIONS for the baby, i know it was a hard and long way until you reached this point.

Second,  i want to say that i am one of the testers of the game, and i can assure you that this is a very polished and enjoyable game, with a good progressive learning curve(or i think so).

Besides this, I also recommend to all of you, that you read the manual:
For people who don't have practice whit this kind of games, you will get the basics of playing, and for the rest, you will get some background of the story and funny/interesting facts and a lot of image art.

Offline ||C|-|E||

• Administrator
  • 6128 Plus
    • Mundo CPC
  • Liked: 880
« Reply #232 on: 13:12, 02 November 16 »
We are really really glad you are liking it!  :D

I find it funny (and nice) to mix a real 3" disk with a virtual one from the HXC...
Kind of a modern/classic marriage.
I only started the game, but my first impression is it feels like a very well polished professionnal production from the older times... Not an amateurish production at all.

This is how I play tested it with the 6128 Plus and it is actually the best choice  :D The HxC is completely silent and a great device to run the game. You can almost forget that the graphics are read in real time (well, except for the loading speed).

I suppose that now, once the game is finished, you are fully available to develop the PCW version. Or am I wrong?
Don't be in a hurry, you know, but there is a potential gamer here: that's me. 
Congratulations for the game, it will be a big success for sure.

The PCW version was considered since the very first moment, as you know, and porting the game is almost trivial because somebody prepared a very nice font selector that can be used in both computers. Moreover, PAWS in PCW works great  :D . So, the idea was to release the CPC version first, check that there are no bugs and then, given the time, compile the PCW game using the final source code. This should very easy and the only tricky part will probably be the graphics conversion. Luckily, resolution is not a problem at all, only the choice of colors. So, when we are sure that the code of the game does not need further correction, we can see the best way to convert all the graphics and go for it  :D We would need to prepare a different loading screen, though, and maybe some of the graphics can be slightly changed. The PCW version should have its own manual too, with different loading instructions and a few changes here and there...

Offline robcfg

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
  • 8-Bit Technomancer
    • index.php?action=treasury
  • Liked: 644
« Reply #233 on: 14:01, 02 November 16 »
Cool!

I'm still trying to power up the generator on CPC, but would like to play on PCW too.

If you need any help, just ask and the PCWWiki team will come to the rescue!

Offline Targhan

• Supporter
  • 464 Plus
  • Liked: 286
« Reply #234 on: 21:32, 04 November 16 »
Damn it, I'm stuck!! :)

I can't open the emergency door... I thought that typing 3xxx0 (with xxx being a combination of 1, 4, 9) on the phone or computer would work, but no... What did I miss?

Great design, well written texts. Some background music and FXs would have been an extra touch, but I can live without. Great job!

Offline ||C|-|E||

• Administrator
  • 6128 Plus
    • Mundo CPC
« Reply #235 on: 21:58, 04 November 16 »
Hehe! I am giving you a hint by private message  :D

Offline Targhan

• Supporter
  • 464 Plus
« Reply #236 on: 00:12, 06 November 16 »
Thanks to your hint, I've progressed a bit more... To get stuck again in front of another keyboard, this time the one from "blue" container... Still a great game, but quite tough :).

Offline ||C|-|E||

• Administrator
  • 6128 Plus
    • Mundo CPC
« Reply #237 on: 00:31, 06 November 16 »
I gave you a second hint by pm  :D

Offline Targhan

• Supporter
  • 464 Plus
« Reply #238 on: 13:24, 06 November 16 »
Gone much further yesterday evening. Lots of nice places to visit, and scary things to discover! Really a great game. The texts are very well written, and the graphics quite beautiful. There are even some "cutscenes" for important actions, adding a really nice touch to the whole. Now I need to play more to finish it!

Offline ||C|-|E||

• Administrator
  • 6128 Plus
    • Mundo CPC
« Reply #239 on: 19:08, 06 November 16 »
That is really awesome  :D I am glad you are liking it! Let´s see if you manage to finish it or not  :laugh:

On the other hand, I have just added some basic info about the commands into the game´s home page. Some people is still telling me that they need to leave a room and enter again to obtain the description, when it is clearly written in the manual that there is a command (R, REDES, REDESCRIBE, DESCRIBE, DESC ) for that. Oh well... I know that in many classic games it was LOOK, but in here LOOK and EXAMINE are the same verb. It felt more natural to me to have a different verb and a shortcut to re-describe the room and use a common word, like LOOK, to say "LOOK at this" or "LOOK at that". I was assuming that all the players of a text adventure game would go through the manual first and this would be very easy to catch, but maybe I was wrong. In that case I reckon that many people will not know that typing Z or EXITS they can see all the possible exits from a location, and it is possible that they are losing quite a lot of other things (RAM SAVE, RAM LOAD...) that would allow them to focus in the puzzles and not to fight with the parser  :-X
« Last Edit: 19:27, 06 November 16 by ||C|-|E|| »