News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Doomsday Lost Echoes - Released and now with Physical Edition

Started by ||C|-|E||, 00:18, 31 July 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Targhan

Well... I'm stuck :) .
Something I forgot about what the "robotic linker" that the main computer talked about. Well, no trace of it. Can you give me a piece of advice please ? Thanks !!
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

||C|-|E||

haha, sure, I will be sending you a pm soon!  :D

Targhan

Second and third ending found! Still 2 (I think) additional "quests"... Two passwords needed. But no idea where to find them, I typed everything that seemed logical to me :) ...
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

||C|-|E||

Congratulations, you are the first non-tester person that finds the three endings!!  :D

Regarding the passwords, I am pretty sure that you had one right in front of your face quite a few times. Finding the other, however, could be much more difficult. Why don´t you tell me via pm what did you do? Then I will be able to help!  :D

Targhan

3 endings, 100% of the side quests performed! There is apparently an easter-egg, I'll try to find it but I can't promise anything :) .

And I admit I couldn't have finished the side quests without some hints from CE... Really hard to find!!
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

||C|-|E||

Wooo, congratulations!!  :D :D

Yes, I admit that the quests are much more difficult than the rest of the game. We wanted to give it some depth in order to allow the very dedicated players to play for longer and discover new things. Another thing that can be done is to try to examine plenty of stuff. This uncovers some other histories here and there, and many additional details, although it does not count as side quest  :)

Skunkfish

Stuart White (aka The Balrog, adventure columnist from AA) posted on Eurogamer yesterday so I mentioned the game and posted a link...

He said 'wow! Impressive - I'll check it out'
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

||C|-|E||

Thank you so much! I am not in UK and it is very difficult for me to post in the forum, but thanks again!  :D

||C|-|E||

Soooooo... after MANY months (sorry!) we are very happy to announce the release of the very physical edition of DoomsDay Lost Echoes!!

https://www.polyplay.xyz/CPC_2

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3]

Initially we were not sure about the feasibility of a collectors edition. There were a lot of things to prepare and keeping the prices at a reasonable level seemed almost impossible. Hopefully, Sebastian from Poly.Play came in our help and took care of most of the stuff, making it a reality. We know that the game is still a bit on the expensive side for an Amstrad production, and this is just because we decided to go "big" and prepare a proper release with a huge box, a SD card full of bonus content, stickers, a poster, a nicely printed manual... and of course two floppy discs.

Regarding the discs, there will be a pair of options: either two 3.5" floppies or 3"+3.5" in case you keep the original drive in your 6128 and a 3.5" drive as B. Of course, in the SD card you will have versions ready to execute using a HxC floppy emulator, Gotek or similar device. This means that you will be able to choose among tons of different combinations: 3" drive A and 3.5" drive B; 3" drive A and HxC drive B; 3.5" drive A and 3.5" drive B; 3.5" drive A and HxC drive B; only a 3.5" drive A; only a HxC... etc  :-\

So yeah, that is the summary! The game is, as you know, free and will always be. This edition is just something especial for those that liked the adventure and want hold it in their hands  :D

P.D: I would like to take this opportunity to say that nobody managed to find the big easter egg and the physical reward is still here waiting for someone...

reidrac

Sebastian rules. I love his commitment and hard work in putting together these collector's editions.

Congratulations! It really looks fantastic!
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

||C|-|E||

Thanks!  :D Sebastian is actually a really great guy. Without him, this would have been completely impossible. It is amazing how committed he is!

Gryzor

OH YESSSSS this one's going on my wall!! Really happy about it [emoji4][emoji4]

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

kawickboy

A great announcement.
Some news to show on automn retro events.

Targhan

Count me in!... As soon as I have internet back (... the joy of moving). The packaging looks awesome. Ah, too bad you didn't release this before releasing the game on the web, you would have sold many many copies.
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Gryzor

But I don't think that ANYONE buys physical copies because they can't get the game...

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

||C|-|E||

Heh, actually, we were not even planning to release a physical edition, although we prepared the user manual for it just in case  :)  The way I see it is like a sort of present for the people that liked the game. I am saying present because, as you can imagine, the price basically covers the cost of a single package  :)  Great that you are getting one, guys!  :D

GOB

Hello
Is the French version comming one day or not ?

Targhan

Ordered! I don't expect to receive it soon, but it will be worth the wait :).
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

||C|-|E||

Quote from: GOB on 20:22, 02 August 17
Hello
Is the French version comming one day or not ?

Hello!

No, there won´t be versions in different languages. It is unfortunate, but there are good technical reasons for this. I turns out that in order to save RAM and make the game as rich as possible it was specifically optimized for english. This allowed us to compress the text (savig more than 24KB) and include many other language-specific tricks, but there are only 300 bytes of free RAM in the final game  :-\ . It would not be possible to port it with 128KB of RAM without extensive re-writing and, more importantly, without reducing the contents and making the parser significantly more deaf.

Regarding the language of choice, it was English because we consider that it is the way to go when you want to release something for a small community like ours and make it as accessible as possible. I am not a native English speaker either (actually, I am Spanish) but I think that it was the right decision  :)

remax

Nice... Seems that polyplay now has an option to use paypal and to have decent postage fares...

I'm gonna have the full collection of polyplay's releases :) They are very nice !
Brain Radioactivity

Targhan

No Paypal? I paid via Paypal, so I assure you it's possible.
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

remax

Brain Radioactivity