News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Doomsday Lost Echoes - Released and now with Physical Edition

Started by ||C|-|E||, 00:18, 31 July 15

Previous topic - Next topic

||C|-|E||

Quote from: villain on 21:06, 18 January 16
I never understood what those mats are for, but they really look great!

Hehe, some people do not use them at all. In my case is the opposite, I am a heavy user of mats and I actually need to replace them quite frequently  :)

On the other hand, I am glad you like them guys!  :D

Gryzor

I don't even use a mouse - I use trackballs or track pads. But I'd put that on my wall :D

||C|-|E||

Sooooo... the BETA 1.0 is finally ready!! 

The testers will be receiving it during the next coming days (thank you very much for trying this, guys!!). Now let´s see how everything works, we still have a few KB of RAM available (around 3-4) than can be used either to fix bugs and general problems or to extend the endings of the game and add more cut-scenes. This is a closed beta because although the game is very playable (or at least that is what we hope) it lacks some things we would like to include in the final release, the instruction manual is still not finished and we actually do not know how the puzzles work in their present state. Moreover, we need to go very carefully through all the texts again once we consider that the adventure is ready and, finally, release the PCW version as well   :) .

On the other hand, since the last update I have corrected a few more things. The most noticeable one is the color of the texts (all of them should be very readable now) and there were some bugs here and there that are gone as well. I am sure that there is still something lurking around, but it should not be a game breaking problem  :) .

Gryzor

Ah, I knew I had to log into the forum today :)

khaz

I'll just wait for the inevitable physical release ;)

||C|-|E||

The beta has already been sent to the testers...  :-X let´s hope that everything will be all right  :picard:

robcfg

Best of luck!

I'm eager to play the game, so if there's anything I can help with, please tell me  :)

||C|-|E||

Thank you!!  :D

At the moment I think that we have everything more or less covered, but who knows hehe  :D

||C|-|E||

Hello guys!

I have a short update with some very good news. We are growing! or at least the images of the game are  ;D . Dani was doing extra work and now all the in-game artwork is at 320x96 (it was 200x96 in before, more than enough for playing and testing, but less nice). So, here is a little teaser of the new size:

[attachimg=1]

On the other hand, the testing team is doing a great job and I already have some useful feedback. Moreover, according to some, the game is even playable  :D .

khaz

Quote from: ||C|-|E|| on 12:43, 01 February 16On the other hand, the testing team is doing a great job and I already have some useful feedback. Moreover, according to some, the game is even playable  :D .

Well it's not really an Amstrad game then, is it?

Loving the new artworks, very cinemascope.

Gryzor

That's what I said too, very cinematic!

Zoe Robinson

I need to see this game running on my little old CPC. Text adventures were The Best back in the day. Also, those mouse mats look sweet. Are they glossy finished or matt (please say matt, glossy finishes are godawful when using a laser mouse because the signal gets fired everywhere and my pointer ends up running wild on the screen).

||C|-|E||

I am very glad you like the game!  :D I also like to test it in my real Amstrad, is much more charming!

About the mats, they are matt and work very well with laser mice  :) . I am using mine in the lab (I thought that it would be interesting to test it before ordering a bunch) and it is actually very nice and comfortable. Moreover, quality seems really great, the colors did not fade at all. I was talking with the company that prints and makes them and they told me it would be even possible to order the thin version, that I personally find more slick.

||C|-|E||

Good news!

One of the testers managed to finish the game already  :D . Well, he managed to reach the "bad" ending but he could not complete any side quests. This was somehow expected because the puzzles that involve them are more difficult. Now his intention is to keep on trying and find all the hidden stuff, he has many unanswered questions about the plot. It seems that it took him around 15 hours to "beat" the game, and this is not bad considering that he is not a native english speaker and this was his first adventure. He said that he did not find any consistency problems and found everything very logic, although he had to fight his way around the language quite a lot  :-X .

dodogildo

Does the game offer an option to beam you back to a point in the game to try again, If you end up with a 'bad' ending?  It'd be a great feature!
M'enfin!

Dubliner

Quote from: dodogildo on 19:01, 07 February 16
Does the game offer an option to beam you back to a point in the game to try again, If you end up with a 'bad' ending?  It'd be a great feature!

You can save your current status on disk, so that option is already implemented. You just need to save on diferent files and that's all.

||C|-|E||

Quote from: dodogildo on 19:01, 07 February 16

So, yes, as Dubliner said, you can save at any time and after finishing the game you just need to reload your last save and complete what is left  :) . It should be very easy to know that you are reaching the ending, since one of your last actions is a "no return" point in quite an obvious way.

TFM

Hmmm... I didn't even make it out of the airlock. Well, I'm somebody who never got into this kind of games. So I'm a good dump tester for it. It looks very awesome at all. GFX are incredible great, the power of MODE 1.  :) :) :)

Any hint how to leave the airlock, open/close doors doesn't work. I can push the button, nothing happens.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

||C|-|E||

Do not worry, that is normal if you never played an adventure in before. I can give you all the hints you need by e-mail  :D (e-mail because of the spoilers  :) )

MiguelSky

Oh, come on, Stefan! That puzzle it's not too difficult. Try different things.  ;)
Spoiler: ShowHide
What objects are you carrying?

TFM

Quote from: MiguelSky on 19:16, 11 February 16
Oh, come on, Stefan! That puzzle it's not too difficult. Try different things.  ;)
Spoiler: ShowHide
What objects are you carrying?

I used the laser cutter, the gun, the space suit. But obviously I can't find the right verb, but that's more topic for a personal conversation since the game is WIP and the interface is under development. Well, I guess I have to check my email now...

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

MiguelSky

Don't give up!! Have you read the manual?

||C|-|E||

Time for the usual update!

Soo... at the moment four testers, with very different degrees of experience in adventure games, have already finished the beta of Doomsday Lost Echoes (to the people that is still testing it: do not feel pressed at all, we are NOT in a rush here  :D ). They all liked it a lot (or that is what they said, maybe they are just too polite  :picard: ) and nobody found important game-breaking bugs, only details that need to be polished. We received a ton of  useful suggestions, but nothing really deal-breaking. We would like to deeply thank you guys for your time, everybody that finished the game has helped a lot giving great feedback to improve the final adventure!

On the other hand, we are very happy to see that all the puzzles seem to be logic and is possible to solve them. Almost everybody needed a few hints but different ones in each case. We did not find two people that were stuck in the same area for a long time, although for the moment nobody managed to complete all the sidequests and see the three endings on his own (although somebody that finished the vanilla game is still trying hard and refuses any kind of support, let´s see what happens  ::) ).

In the meantime, we are working in the details for the final release, although it will still take time. You can expect, as I said, extended graphics (from 200x96 to 320x96), enriched lore and extended/corrected texts, more things that will be possible to examine, some additional puzzles, a proper web page and a few other surprises  :) .

khaz

I am honestly amazed at the level of professionalism that you put in your game. Not only do you try and keep pushing technical limits, you also spent quite a lot of time in fine tweaking the gameplay based on user experience. Not many people have the patience to work on the last 10% of their amateur game, and often we end up with games with much potential that fall just short of being great.

I have no doubt that you will give us an exceptional game, and while I am quite eager to play it I have no desire for you to rush it. I know you won't. Keep working dude.

||C|-|E||

Thank you! I hope you will like it when it is finished!  :D