Author Topic: Doomsday Lost Echoes (Released)  (Read 20548 times)

Offline robcfg

• Supporter
  • 6128 Plus
  • 8-Bit Technomancer
    • index.php?action=treasury
  • Liked: 644
Re: Doomsday Lost Echoes (New text adventure [WIP])
« Reply #210 on: 19:12, 24 October 16 »
Shut up and take my money!  ;D

Jokes aside, really looking forward to play it!

Offline Gryzor

• Administrator
  • 6128 Plus
  • CPC-Wiki maintainer
    • CPCWiki
  • Liked: 2297
« Reply #211 on: 19:52, 24 October 16 »
Regarding the physical release, we actually do not plan it for the immediate future but, if there is enough interest, we can definitely think about it. Actually, we prepared the manual in a "ready to print" format just in case this physical edition becomes true. We would need to discuss what would be the best physical format, though. Remember that the game requires either a 3" and a 3.5" floppies or a couple of 3.5" floppies to run  :) .

Poll time? ;)

Offline ldaneels

• CPC464
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #212 on: 22:08, 24 October 16 »
oops, I hope I didn't ruin your plans. I was just so exicted to see the trailer, I had to let everybody know.
It does look very nice indeed.
Well, I'll definitely keep an eye out for a physical release should you decide to make one. If that can help, I can provide my own 3" floppy and I imagine a lot of people should be able to. Well, if you decide to make a physical release. At any rate, it's just a possibility if you're short on ideas.
Cheers,

Loic

Offline Dubliner

• CPC664
  • Liked: 47
« Reply #213 on: 22:59, 24 October 16 »
Oooh dear!  So yes, we were preparing everything yesterday evening and my idea was to do the announcement today, but you were faster than me and discovered the stuff on your own!  :D :D

LOL i was wondering myself this morning why i haven´t seen any announcemente when i saw the trailer on Youtube via Gryzor. I even posted about that on retromaniac  :D

Offline ||C|-|E||

• Administrator
  • 6128 Plus
    • Mundo CPC
  • Liked: 879
« Reply #214 on: 23:05, 24 October 16 »
oops, I hope I didn't ruin your plans. I was just so exicted to see the trailer, I had to let everybody know.
It does look very nice indeed.
Well, I'll definitely keep an eye out for a physical release should you decide to make one. If that can help, I can provide my own 3" floppy and I imagine a lot of people should be able to. Well, if you decide to make a physical release. At any rate, it's just a possibility if you're short on ideas.
Cheers,

Loic

Hahaha, of course you did not ruin anything! Do not worry!  :D

LOL i was wondering myself this morning why i haven´t seen any announcemente when i saw the trailer on Youtube via Gryzor. I even posted about that on retromaniac  :D

I was just looking at it right now!! Thank you so much!  :D :-*

About the physical release, we can start having a look at it when the game is released. If there is enough interest, why not?

Offline ||C|-|E||

• Administrator
  • 6128 Plus
    • Mundo CPC
« Reply #215 on: 14:02, 26 October 16 »
Soo... we released the trailer just a few days ago and it seems that people are really looking forward to play the game. That is awesome, but I would like to clarify a few things regarding some questions that have appeared here an there, mainly to put the hype in place  :-X . I know that most of you guys know exactly what to expect from an Amstrad text adventure, but I have found that  many people that is not so familiar with the machine is reading just the final posts of this long thread and have quite a lot of questions. This goes mostly for them  :)

- The trailer is a cinematic video that Dani made to promote the game. It looks really great because he is a professional graphics artist, but keep in mind that the adventure has static graphics and no music!

- We put a lot of care and love in the game, but it is made with PAWS and its official graphics patch. They are great tools, but old as well. Nothing that can be compared with the awesome custom game engines we can see here from time to time. So, do not expect to find another amazing Orion Prime with music, mouse support, etc. (we are really far from it!). There are no jaw dropping effect besides the mb0 loading screens.

- The adventure only runs in 128KB computers and they need to have a 3.5" floppy drive or an HxC floppy emulator.

What you will be able to play is a game in line with some classic titles, like the AD adventures, but with a parser that is way more flexible when it comes to understand your commands and more than 60 graphics in pixel art that contain important clues and puzzles themselves. Besides, the game has the three endings we mentioned in before, the secondary missions, a big easter egg and lots of little things to examine and discover here and there. We tried to keep the production values as high as possible  :)
« Last Edit: 14:07, 26 October 16 by ||C|-|E|| »

Offline Gryzor

• Administrator
  • 6128 Plus
  • CPC-Wiki maintainer
    • CPCWiki
  • Liked: 2297
« Reply #216 on: 14:21, 26 October 16 »
Heh, I had the nagging feeling that some, watching the video, would think it's going to be cinematic indeed... but it's such a great trailer, really!

Offline ||C|-|E||

• Administrator
  • 6128 Plus
    • Mundo CPC
« Reply #217 on: 14:31, 26 October 16 »
Dani had time to play with his pixel art, that is for sure!  :D

Offline ||C|-|E||

• Administrator
  • 6128 Plus
    • Mundo CPC
Re: Doomsday Lost Echoes (Released)
« Reply #218 on: 03:20, 01 November 16 »
It is over. It has been a super long trip but we have finally released the adventure. You can visit Doomsday Productions homepage and download the game from there.

Now it is your turn to try it and see if you manage to enjoy our little production  :) There has been a surprising amount of expectation (probably due to Dani´s great pixel art) but remember that you will just find a PAWS adventure here, nothing close to the magic of Rhino, Targhan or many other great programmers. However, we put a lot of care and dedication on the game to make it enjoyable. We hope that you will have no major trouble with the parser and the learning curve will feel just right. We also hope you will not encounter any major bug when playing but, if this happens, just report us the problem and we will try to to fix any issue.

Thank you all for your continuous support! This would have been impossible without the suggestions of many of you and the contribution of lots of great people that shared their knowledge, time, and dedication with us  :-*

All the team

Offline khaz

• CPC6128
  • Liked: 121
Re: Doomsday Lost Echoes (Released)
« Reply #219 on: 03:51, 01 November 16 »
Downloaded, but haven't played with it yet. The readme.txt on notepad++ shows a bunch of control characters in the middle of the text. GS and US, which shouldn't be here. They are invisible in regular notepad.

The pdf is gorgeous though. It needs to be printed out.

[edit] Something worth mentioning I believe: the game won't start if the discs are write-protected, or in winape if they are loaded from an archive.
« Last Edit: 04:18, 01 November 16 by khaz »