News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Next game from Cargosoft...

Started by Targhan, 18:19, 02 September 15

Previous topic - Next topic

Targhan

Since the release of Orion Prime, Cargosoft has been working on another game. The set up changes dramatically, as it takes place this time in China. It is a Mahjong Solitaire, also known as Shanghaï. The title of our game remains secret for now, though.

Some other Shanghaï already exist on CPC, but they are not a pleasure to play with, or to look at: tiles all look alike, controls are sluggish, making the games not very enjoyable.

However, we must take into account the following:

• The mode 1 doesn't allow enough colors for one tile to be distinguishable from another one.
  • The mode 0 isn't accurate enough for the ideograms to be readable.
Where the mode 3 doesn't bring anything but the inconveniences of the two other modes, we decided, on the contrary, to gather their advantages in a new CPC graphic mode. The colors of the mode 0 with the sharpness of the mode 1! A magic trick? Maybe... but it was about time!

A short preview has been show last year at the Reset party. The game was not over, the screen a bit blurry, the music not composed yet, but the progress today is enough to guarantee a forthcoming release of the game, which is currently fully playable. It is only, at worst, a matter of a few months.

Feedback from the meeting participants comforted us in the idea that many would once again want this game to be released with a packaging. Our mind is not fully made about this, but we are seriously thinking about it. Your opinion is also welcome. This would be a way to make you discover the game on the real hardware!

More information will be released to tease you a bit more. But don't expect any screenshots, we don't share them easily :) .
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

robcfg

So... Where do we get it so we can try it and give you feedback?

Offtopic: Any hint on Orion Prime's secret mode, or was it just a joke?  ;D

tastefulmrship

Quote from: Targhan on 18:19, 02 September 15
Feedback from the meeting participants comforted us in the idea that many would once again want this game to be released with a packaging. Our mind is not fully made about this, but we are seriously thinking about it. Your opinion is also welcome. This would be a way to make you discover the game on the real hardware!
I missed out on a physical copy of ORION PRIME, I'm a big fan of Solitaire Mahjong (on PC, and numerous arcade & Japanese emulators), I'm really interested in a MODE0/1 and I believe CPC projects should be supported to their fullest. Count me in for a physical copy if you guys decide to release it! ^_^

Targhan

@robcfg : You can give your feedback here about if you would like the game release with a package, or not.

A secret mode in Orion Prime? What's about it?
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

TFM

I would definitely enjoy to play it the first on a real CPC! That's a great idea actually, too much DSK out there already.  :)

Since I'm not familiar with that kind of game, I don't know if it contains much text, BUT you can always email me the text to translate it into German. It all worked well with OP, and maybe Octoate want's to do corrections again.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

||C|-|E||

I am looking forward to see it and I would probably buy a physical copy too!  :D

CraigsBar

Quote from: SuTeKH/Epyteor on 18:47, 02 September 15
I missed out on a physical copy of ORION PRIME, I'm a big fan of Solitaire Mahjong (on PC, and numerous arcade & Japanese emulators), I'm really interested in a MODE0/1 and I believe CPC projects should be supported to their fullest. Count me in for a physical copy if you guys decide to release it! ^_^
Physical copy for me please.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Puresox

Love Shanghai type games and look forward to this universal game. Also very interested to see this Mode trickery.Definitely  would be prepared to pay for a copy as a support for the work too .

remax

I bought orion prime when i had no cpc, so count me in for sure for a physical copy now that i have one
Brain Radioactivity

GOB

We want a screenshot Targhan !!! :)

TotO

Better than a screenshot... Went to the ReSeT and seen exclusive ingame previews!  ;D
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Targhan

@TotO : now's the time to make them pay for what you know :).
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

TFM

Ok, I offer 4 used spark plugs for a Chevrolet. That's ok?

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

dirtybb

MacDeath

yeah, let it get physical...

PS : ça sent la flashouille...

robcfg

I know it's a lot of work, but if you decide to make a physical edition, I'll gladly buy one.

pinace

GFXOR

Supersly from the Les sucres en morceaux

TotO

Not a surprise if I said that I will be happy to get at less one physical copy too.  ;D
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

GOB

Quote from: TotO on 21:59, 02 September 15
Better than a screenshot... Went to the ReSeT and seen exclusive ingame previews!  ;D
Never ...

TotO

Nich

Quote from: Targhan on 18:47, 02 September 15
@robcfg : You can give your feedback here about if you would like the game release with a package, or not.

I would definitely like to get a physical copy of the game in a package!

sigh

alex76gr

QuoteThe mode 1 doesn't allow enough colors for one tile to be distinguishable from another one.
How about using the color technique of the "Fugitif"?
It produces 16 colors on Mode 1.
See here
Fugitif by Lankhor
I still believe that i got my myopia from the green GT-65 monitor, but i can't prove it! :)

TotO

Quote from: alex76gr on 07:34, 04 September 15
How about using the color technique of the "Fugitif"?
How about reading the post to the end?  ;)