News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Next game from Cargosoft...

Started by Targhan, 18:19, 02 September 15

Previous topic - Next topic

alex76gr

Oh yes. :-[
So, they are using the Fugitif technique or they are creating something from the scratch?
I still believe that i got my myopia from the green GT-65 monitor, but i can't prove it! :)

TotO

What I have seen during the ReSeT preview (5mn) is new.
Look to be more than 4 colours (8? 16?)  everywhere on the screen in MODE 1 without visible flickering.
Graphics are sharp and colorful, close to a 16bit game.

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Ast

Agent T, well known as SuperSylvestre, doesn't want to show us this year. :-*
Of course, i'll buy a box version...

Ast/iMP4CT. "By the power of Grayskull, i've the power"

http://amstradplus.forumforever.com/index.php
http://impdos.wikidot.com/
http://impdraw.wikidot.com/

All friends are welcome !

Gryzor

I think it's a moot point by now, but I'd really like a physical release, please :)

Can't wait to learn more!

MaV

Black Mesa Transit Announcement System:
"Work safe, work smart. Your future depends on it."

Neil79

The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

TFM

Quote from: TotO on 09:16, 04 September 15
What I have seen during the ReSeT preview (5mn) is new.
Look to be more than 4 colours (8? 16?)  everywhere on the screen in MODE 1 without visible flickering.
Graphics are sharp and colorful, close to a 16bit game.

So something like this mode 5 or 6 something thing. Cards are nicely shaped for a colorsplit vertical and horizontal.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Puresox

Would someone mind posting  a list of the Modes other than the familiar ones 0,1 &2. And just give us laymen an idea of what each mode does ? Or is somewhere elsewhere that explains?

TFM

Quote from: Puresox on 18:50, 04 September 15
Would someone mind posting  a list of the Modes other than the familiar ones 0,1 &2. And just give us laymen an idea of what each mode does ? Or is somewhere elsewhere that explains?

Aside of MODE 0-3 anything else is made by software, so everybody can kind of define what they want.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Puresox

right?! So not specific mode as such , but the ability to make combinations within certain parameters I suppose?

TFM

They had that special GFX maker for the PC, that one switches a couple of colors every line. That way you can have a MODE 1 GFX with all 27 colors. Dunno who much colors it switches for each scanline. 2 should be doable without a problem. All that stuff is somewhere out there, dunno where though.
TFM of FutureSoft

Cpcmaniaco

1 phisical game for me too, please.

kawickboy

Of course physical release please.

Optimus

Yeah, because in http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Mode_4_of_CPCs_(two_bitplanes_emulation) someone called Mode 4 the "bitplane trick" where your palette is something like 0123444455556666 in Mode 0 and helps with not need to mask sprites, but this article also says "also called Mode 3" but Mode 3 is also this unofficial fail of a mode on CPC, Mode 0 with 4 colors and still 16k vram. It's like on the C64 when they have tons of modes, FLI, XFLI MuFLI and whatever, this are all either interlace or change palette/mix resolution per line, more times than line, etc. It amuses me when someone announces that he invented a new mode, because it might sound to someone outside retrocoding that OMG, there was a real hidden resolution/color mode INSIDE the graphics chips, hidden, ready to be discovered, which is not the case :)

Targhan

Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

TotO

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft

GFXOR

No screenshot yet, but a preview will be shown at the ReSeT. People will be able to play with it.
Supersly from the Les sucres en morceaux

Gryzor

Oh! So much time passed already?

Skunkfish

Any news on this from ReSeT?
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

PulkoMandy

Yes. But if you wanted to see it, you should have been there  :D

Rhino

I wonder if the new video mode in this game is one of the supported by Perfect Pix :)

TotO

Targhan

Sorry for the delay. Please wait... just a little bit more :). But NOT much, fortunately :).
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Targhan

... Something is going to happen on Monday... Just sayin' :) .

Trg.Aks
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime