News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Nogalious

Started by rafa32gr, 23:26, 17 November 17

Previous topic - Next topic

rafa32gr

Goal, achieved.
We have managed to obtain the 25,000 euros of financing and I want to thank all those who have supported us.
Thank you very much.

rafa32gr

The game is developed in C with some routines in assembler to make it more efficient, since the goal is none other than to make the protagonist go to 50fps, and it is not an easy task.

The game, in its version for CPC, aims to be as close as possible to the PC version in all its aspects, but will not require the 128 kb of 6128.

I leave a short video with the engine running so they can hear the soundtrack and see how the character moves.

http://amstrad.esy.es/nogalious/nogalious_video.mp4

AxelStone

Looks nice, good look with the project  ;)

ervin

Looking really good!
The smooth movement of the main character is very noticeable, and looks fantastic.
Will the flickering of the arrow and water drop be fixed before release?

rafa32gr

Quote from: ervin on 13:44, 18 November 17
Looking really good!
The smooth movement of the main character is very noticeable, and looks fantastic.
Will the flickering of the arrow and water drop be fixed before release?
Yes, of course, the engine is still in development.

Rhino

Quote from: rafa32gr on 23:41, 17 November 17
The game is developed in C with some routines in assembler to make it more efficient, since the goal is none other than to make the protagonist go to 50fps, and it is not an easy task.

The game, in its version for CPC, aims to be as close as possible to the PC version in all its aspects, but will not require the 128 kb of 6128.

I leave a short video with the engine running so they can hear the soundtrack and see how the character moves.

It will be great if you keep the 50fps finally in the game, since the CPC is short of games at that speed.

jesusdelmas

It is really good! My congrats, so it means that it will be able to be play in a cpc464? I cant wait to see it finished

XeNoMoRPH

I hope you finally manage to finish it  :) , I want to have the original cassette
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

AxelStone

Quote from: Rhino on 18:08, 18 November 17
It will be great if you keep the 50fps finally in the game, since the CPC is short of games at that speed.

This occurs in spectrum and MSX too, it's hard to see 50fps games. Take in consideration that they are computers, not game consoles, so they were designed to do other things not only games  ;)

But I agree with you, it would be really nice to get 50fps!

rafa32gr

Quote from: Rhino on 18:08, 18 November 17

Yes, i know, its for that i work on it, of course, its not an easy task, but, think on there is no scroll, and it make the task more easy than your impressive work on pinball Dreams.
Congratulations for your very very impressive work Rhino.

rafa32gr

Quote from: AxelStone on 10:49, 19 November 17

This occurs in spectrum and MSX too, it's hard to see 50fps games. Take in consideration that they are computers, not game consoles, so they were designed to do other things not only games  ;)

But I agree with you, it would be really nice to get 50fps!
Since MSX has Hardware sprites, its much more easy 50fps task, in fact, Nogalious MSX works on 50fps, the MSX problem is 4 inline Sprite rule and the fact that if you want a 4 color sprite you must to combine 4 sprites

Gryzor

This looks really lovely; I've been following the progress and it's great to see how it's coming on!

Only gripe I have: the arrows flickering when colliding with the drops (and other elements, probably?). Keep it up!

rafa32gr

Quote from: Gryzor on 19:05, 19 November 17
This looks really lovely; I've been following the progress and it's great to see how it's coming on!

Only gripe I have: the arrows flickering when colliding with the drops (and other elements, probably?). Keep it up!

Of course it will be fixed, main task was 50fps on the sprite character, the engine is still in development, but i must switch to MSX , C64 and Spectrum version, soon will be another CPC actualization.

Gryzor

Quote from: rafa32gr on 22:29, 19 November 17
Of course it will be fixed, main task was 50fps on the sprite character, the engine is still in development, but i must switch to MSX , C64 and Spectrum version, soon will be another CPC actualization.
Sweeet! [emoji7]

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

jesusdelmas

The Music is awesome!

Rhino

Quote from: rafa32gr on 18:38, 19 November 17

Yes, i know, its for that i work on it, of course, its not an easy task, but, think on there is no scroll, and it make the task more easy than your impressive work on pinball Dreams.
Congratulations for your very very impressive work Rhino.

Thanks, and good luck with your work!

rafa32gr

Goal, achieved.
We have managed to obtain the 25,000 euros of financing and I want to thank all those who have supported us.
Thank you very much.

Captain Past

Congrats for getting funded!

One question:
The € 15/20 Digital Copy tier includes all digital versions but not the C64 version?

rafa32gr

Quote from: Captain Past on 08:06, 23 November 17
Congrats for getting funded!

One question:
The € 15/20 Digital Copy tier includes all digital versions but not the C64 version?

This tier has a delivery date that cant  content c64 version, because the c64 version has a release date of June, but when it is released, it will be available for digital backers.

Gryzor

Ok, so it was funded, which is really great and I can't wait for it. But with all the shortcomings and confusion of the perks set-up I missed out on the physical add-on. Quite frustrated about this. Even now, looking again at the pledge levels, I can't see how I would get the CPC version AND the digital release???

rafa32gr

Quote from: Gryzor on 08:38, 01 December 17
Ok, so it was funded, which is really great and I can't wait for it. But with all the shortcomings and confusion of the perks set-up I missed out on the physical add-on. Quite frustrated about this. Even now, looking again at the pledge levels, I can't see how I would get the CPC version AND the digital release???

Hello, and sorry for the delayed answer.
Physical edition of each 8 bits versions, was in a collector box for 25€, and if you only wanted CPC version, the price was 12€.
Shortly we will launch a pre-selling campaing, in which you will be able to pre-buy a phisical copy of the game, and later, it will be available for regular buy.

Gryzor

Please, please do let us know when the pre-selling campaign begins!!