News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Orion Prime : ordering has started !

Started by Targhan, 21:57, 15 March 10

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Try contacting them, I'm sure they can show some compassion :)

TFM

Quote from: Gryzor on 12:42, 21 April 10
Try contacting them, I'm sure they can show some compassion :)

Yes, but you have to write the PM in proper french. That helps hopefully. Well, a bit more serious... Gryzor is right, just explain Targhan your situation, send him a contract writtin with your blood, that you will owe him your soul and one 3" disc in case you will not pay in may.

Ehhhhmmm... sorry, it's hard to be serious for a mad scientist working with a CPC evey day ;-)
... so now seriously: Do what Gryzor had said :-)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

ukmarkh

Finally managed to pay for it today... yipeeee

Gryzor

Good, now wait with the rest of us :)

Targhan

Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

ivarf

OCT

Quote from: TFM/FS on 17:03, 21 April 10but you have to write the PM in proper french. That helps hopefully.
You know, that's an art so rarely fully mastered even by native speakers that they actually run national televised spelling bees :) while other peoples spend their prime time in star search for the likes of Paul Potts.
It's not just disk-mags (decades old from an age before computers were much help correcting them) that are full of "typos": in French e.g. misspelled mix-ups of infinitive and participle also abound in more than a few major print publications sold at newsstands.
Then again, "even" in English, Hollywood has its own running gag of police never getting (the letters of) "Homicide" right.
German in turn was "reformed" in such a way that even the quarter or so of people that had once grokked it at least approximately cannot now make much sense of its spelling anymore either.
So, in the words of Sharika: Don't bother...;)

ukmarkh

I'm not sure why my payment was refunded for Orion Prime, I paid before the deadline. My only choice now is a ROM. Does anyone know where I can download the English version. And could somebody photo copy the instructions for me? Pretty please, would like to feature this game in the book.

Targhan

>I'm not sure why my payment was refunded for Orion Prime, I paid before the deadline. My only choice now is a ROM. Does anyone know where I can download the English version. And could somebody photo copy the instructions for me? Pretty please, would like to feature this game in the book.

Huh ? What are you talking about ? Your payment has been accepted, and your copy will very soon be sent (we had a little problem when producing the packaging, so we're a little late but don't worry !!). I always keep good contact with people ordering us a copy (and everyone else actually :). If we had had any problem with your order, you can be sure I'd have contacted you way before the deadline.

Don't worry ! If you have more questions, please PM me !
Targhan/Arkos.
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

Gryzor

So it seems you're getting a game AND your money back :D

Oh man can't wait for my copy and a calm weekend...

CPCIak

Is Orion Prime on the way to the customers? According to the website the copies are sent on 25th of May.

Targhan

Yes, most are. We were a little late, we're sorry. The last packages will be sent soon.
Trg.Aks
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

ukmarkh

Sweet Jesus... can't wait to play it.  :P

Gryzor

You can wait till I've found my 6128... :D

COuldn't wait and today I took a peak on an emulator. Fantastic intro...

ukmarkh

I got home yesterday and saw a parcel had been delivered. I carefully openend the packaging and saw Orion Prime in a DVD style case. Its ever-so-well presented, artwork looks good and the audio logs is a very nice touch. I have to say, so far its bloody amazing! I'm so glad I waited until I could play it on my real to life 6128.

Good work chaps, can't wait for your next game... all involved should go down in CPC history.

robcfg

I also got mine yesterday and I got surprised as well with the overall quality of the product.

Congratulations to Arkos and Les Sucres en Morceaux for creating such good game!

(I have to say I really hate the primary pump mini-game, but everyting else is close to perfect ;) )

viddi

Got mine yesterday as well.

Thanks a lot for this polished product! :)

ivarf

I received my copy on thursday. It has been a while since I had used my CPC 6128s and the diskdrive on both machines had problems - probably due to old drive belts. I don't want to play it on my 464 so I have to wait until I find time to fix my 6128s...

The packaging and documentation has a very professional look and feel to it.
My one year old son listen like he has never have done before when I put on the log CD.

Quality! :D

Maybe tomorrow? http://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Changing_the_drive_belt

Targhan

>the diskdrive on both machines had problems
All the disks were thoroughly tested with reliable drives, so I really hope you'll manage to get the game to work ! If not even after changing the drive belt, please PM me and we'll see what we can do.
Trg.Aks
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

ivarf

I tried it on my 64kB 464 today, and I was able to "cat" the disc and run"Orion". Wasn't able to play or see much except the information about that the game needs 128 kB memory. As expected! :)
Thanks for your nice offer Thargan, I am 99% sure my 6128s need new drive belts and that will fix the problem.

ukmarkh

Right then! I've spent more than my allowable hours playing this game, the wife complained i'm not pulling my weight around the house. The game is bloody addictive, but I need to stop playing now. My wife and kids have finally worked out that 'just another 5 mins' is actually code for 'piss off and leave me alone'. Yep, it's beyond a joke now, my family and life is starting to suffer. I'll probably never be able to play it again after the argument we had.   

mr_lou

I have received my copies today.  :)

It surely looks like we're about to go on a very interesting journey in a universe much like the one in Blade Runner. Very nice touch with the included stuff. (Won't mention what, so I don't spoil it for anyone).
I haven't started anything yet though, will wait for my girlfriend to join me. We will play it together.  :)
(She's the brain when it comes to adventure games).

I hope Bryce will have my Digiblaster ready soon, so I can enjoy that digitized music in great quality (if the game supports Digiblaster output)...

Currently can't make up my mind whether to move my CPC to the living room for the next weeks, and hook it up to the big TV, or play the game using my 14" CRT monitor....  :)

Targhan

The game doesn't support Digiblaster. It doesn't need it :). And I don't code for chipset that no one is using... 18khz 4 bits is enough anyway :).
Targhan/Arkos

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

mr_lou

On the minicd, there's a folder named PICTURES that's empty. Is that supposed to be empty?

I didn't think it was too much trouble making it possible for the user to select output method.

Gryzor

@mr_lou: that's a great idea. Since my girlfriend finished all the online point-and-click adventures she could find, I'll propose OP next!

...unless she starts replaying Phantasmagoria first...