News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Parting Gift [New Game - Chaos Rising]

Started by EgoTrip, 13:17, 15 September 18

Previous topic - Next topic

EgoTrip

I will leave this community on a positive note. Here is my final production for the CPC. It seems a shame to let it all go to waste considerig how much effort I put into it. Someone is working on a loader for it, if that gets finished then feel free to add it to the disk.

Chaos Rising (final version) UPDATED 5/10/18
https://app.box.com/s/w0gldmvlxhhsw8cfmzznebwc72ubwein

It should be complete, although I've not had it playtested properly. It is now completable, thanks to SuTeKH for testing. Controls are Cursors, AZNM or Joystick 1, Space/Fire 1 to examine/use keys, Enter/Fire 2 to drop bombs when acquired. P to pause.

Edit: Fixed the locked door issue on the main compound. Yes I am aware there is a bug that shows up a line of hearts when you start the game but I can't work out what is causing that, and it doesn't affect gameplay. It disappears after you switch screens. Other graphical glitches remain, I just fixed the one bug that was preventing the game from being completed.New version uploaded, fixing all the graphical and audio glitches. Fixed the broken puzzles so the game is now possible to complete.

dthrone

Nice!  Looking forward to playing through!  Thanks a lot  :)

tastefulmrship

[deleted]

Railslave

Quote from: EgoTrip on 13:17, 15 September 18
I will leave this community on a positive note. Here is my final production for the CPC. It seems a shame to let it all go to waste considerig how much effort I put into it. Someone is working on a loader for it, if that gets finished then feel free to add it to the disk.

Chaos Rising
https://app.box.com/s/hej4gu8ncfuqwk6awltag645ma2u7vt6
It should be complete, although I've not had it playtested properly. Controls are Cursors, AZNM or Joystick 1, Space/Fire 1 to examine/use keys, Enter/Fire 2 to drop bombs when acquired. P to pause.

Um, wait what, it's released... I thought we had a couple of weeks left, well its not far off finished, I guess... gimme a couple of days. I guess the momentum has gone now so.

Wow, this game is something special, so far ...music    :o

Railslave

So, um anyone?

What format do you need to include this into the game ?

In my software I can save as bin, asm or png

tbh, this is why artists will almost always demand payment upfront, in the event of the programmer just abandoning the project and leaving you stranded (I finally agreed to do this just for the love of the scene and it's also a quality game I was hoping would get a physical release)

Even this stuff takes time, hours and hours.

(I keep thinking, is there even any point now, but please somebody attach this, so I have some closure)

BTW this is absolutely why people ask for payment up front, lots of projects get abandoned and you are left with something you have spent hours and hours on. There is an obvious quality to this game that could have seen it released physically imo, I approached this loader thinking that this would need to be the best thing ever. It's a shame that no one seems to really care now...

tastefulmrship

[deleted]

Railslave

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgsbQpBGlrrvpHQk_WYTfsmjTee3

If someone can add this to the game (for your enjoyment ).

EgoTrip

New version added to original post, with loader including Railslave's awesome artwork. This is all from me. Thanks, and goodbye.

VincentGR

We all had hard times on the internet.
I don't think that someone here wants you to leave.
If this is your decision then OK but think about it.
Thanks for all the games you gave for free mate.

Neil79

The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

Railslave

Ok, i hate to be a wimp but.... (I'm stuck in the first couple of room's ) :blank:

Targhan

Me too :). I explore three rooms, then I am stuck. I feel lame :).
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

robcfg

I managed to get 28 jewels  ;D

I'll ask some questions later as to not spoil the fun for anyone.

Definitely a very nice game!

Kris

Still stuck in the 3 first room ;is there an other key than fire or space to activate something ?

Carnivius

Enjoyable game. :)

if stuck on the room left from the very first one, try moving the blocks somewhere close to the spikes.   :)
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Kris

Quote from: Carnivius on 08:22, 18 September 18
Enjoyable game. :)

if stuck on the room left from the very first one, try moving the blocks somewhere close to the spikes.   :)

This is what I've done but nothing happened (except to loose life).... I use the last version, it may be bugged ?

robcfg

You have to put a block besides the top left bush, and the other one besides the bottom left one.

Kris

OK thank you; not really intuitive in fact...  ;D

robcfg

Well, not many other things you could do with the elements available, so try everything at will.

Railslave

Ha i feel an utter failure now at not working this out ...

Carnivius

Quote from: robcfg on 11:58, 18 September 18
Well, not many other things you could do with the elements available, so try everything at will.
Yeah, didn't take me long to figure it out and I was trying not to just give away the answer but i guess this one needed to be. :P
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

tastefulmrship

[deleted]

tastefulmrship

[deleted]

EgoTrip

Someone convinced me to finish the game, so I did. New version link in the OP.

tastefulmrship

[deleted]