News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Pinball Dreams, new game from Batman Group!!

Started by Joseman, 13:28, 17 September 16

Previous topic - Next topic

kawickboy

HAL6128

Yeah, definitly. Great grafix! Looks promising.
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

Rhino

Thanks!

The current two tables gfxs:

Gryzor

||C|-|E||

Lazy Dude

The first demo was already a bit addictive, oh man this is one decent looking game.

menegator

Decent???? Pardon my french but this is not merely a decent game, it's f****** amazing game.

beb

It's a bit more than a "decent game".

I'm just wondering , and maybe Rhino can answer me...
If  this game use only 50% of cpc capacities (as he said) I really want to know how much of percent it use on the original amiga500.
Because as far as I know it was coded by demomaker from Silents...

... Maybe demomakers on amiga are a bit overrated ? :)
>> Oldskool Rules // Asic Suxx <<

dlfrsilver

Once again, that's such an awesome job done by the batman group, take this c64 !! loool

Skunkfish

I was hoping we hadn't seen the last of this, the preview left me wanting much more!

Has work continued on the previous table as well? From memory the table scoring mechanics weren't yet complete....
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

Rhino

@beb

I have not looked in, but Amiga have enough power for Pinball Dreams and much more: hardware scroll + hard sprites + blitter for lights + 68000 for maths + 1mb of RAM... they even used extra half-brite mode (64 colors) that very few games use.

@Skunkfish

The work continues, but we will not release preview updates but the full version when finished. This does not mean that advances in gfxs and other things can be published during progress.

Regards!

Gryzor

I think it's rather silly to look at a one-level demo and worry about things being incomplete or not working 100% :D

Lazy Dude

Quote from: menegator on 17:53, 11 March 17
Decent? ??? Pardon my french but this is not merely a decent game, it's f****** amazing game.

The British do have a way of understating things!
Until we are drunk.
I agree with @gryzor with demos, theres still plenty of good things to look forward to.

Rhino

And "Nightmare":

I was afraid that the CPC palette could not give a result so faithful to the original. But finally, I am very happy with the Mac work on the last 2 tables.

Regards!

HAL6128

You are doing a good and fast progress. And that's a great conversion. Excellent work.
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

VincentGR

||C|-|E||

Maniac

Absolutely stunning! Can't wait for the final game!

Rhino

Rhino

Hi!
Maybe somebody can help me... To finish Beat Box I only need to implement the "Mega Hit", but I do not remember exactly what it was. I know how to get it to turn on (flashing) and it only lasts for a few seconds, but I do not know what it does, the score it gives, bonus, etc ... Does anyone know? I have been playing and it seems to be difficult to get...

Thanks in advance!

VincentGR

Can't really remember as my big score was two decades ago.
Meanwhile the manual said  :picard:

I don't get it.

tastefulmrship

Quote from: Rhino on 22:32, 20 May 17
Maybe somebody can help me... To finish Beat Box I only need to implement the "Mega Hit", but I do not remember exactly what it was. I know how to get it to turn on (flashing) and it only lasts for a few seconds, but I do not know what it does, the score it gives, bonus, etc ... Does anyone know? I have been playing and it seems to be difficult to get...

Thanks in advance!
Even the Amiga Longplay video doesn't show what happens! Sorry!

EDIT: Using the YOOTOOB bbcode breaks the timecode. The MEGAHIT section starts from about 1:05:30

Rhino

Quote from: VincentGR on 23:32, 20 May 17
Can't really remember as my big score was two decades ago.
Meanwhile the manual said  :picard:

I don't get it.

Thank you!
From what version is that manual? I have the original Amiga game (first edition) which include less info.

Rhino

Quote from: SuTeKH/Epyteor on 08:06, 21 May 17
Even the Amiga Longplay video doesn't show what happens! Sorry!

EDIT: Using the YOOTOOB bbcode breaks the timecode. The MEGAHIT section starts from about 1:05:30

Thank you!
Yes, unfortunately it does not get it. For now I know the following: It remains flashing for 20 seconds, the score shows "COUNTING" + an increasing score from approximately 500,000 to 13,000,000.
I guess when you get it up, you will be given the score that appear at that moment in the scoreboard.  But I find it strange that the counting score is increasing instead of decrementing since it does not encourage you to get it fast and in the end it is all or nothing. It would make more sense to start with a high counter and decrease it, so that the sooner you get the more points you get.

What I do not know is if those points go to the score directly, or to the bonus, and the scoreboard fx when you get it + jingle to play.

Regards!