News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Pinball Dreams, new game from Batman Group!!

Started by Joseman, 13:28, 17 September 16

Previous topic - Next topic

ervin

Yes indeed, REALLY looking forward to this one.
*Loved* PB back in the day on the Amiga, so seeing it on the CPC will be something truly special.

TotO

The R-Type FDC does great things like auto-unpack and the sources are availables...
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Joseman

I just remembered that @SuTeKH/Epyteor converted some Pinball Dreams tunes early this year...

Perhaps only a coincidence?  ;)

dlfrsilver

Quote from: Joseman on 23:20, 19 September 16
I just remembered that @SuTeKH/Epyteor converted some Pinball Dreams tunes early this year...

Perhaps only a coincidence?  ;)

:laugh:   :P

Puresox

TFM

TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

zeropolis79

Would love it if someone converted Robocop 3 to the CPC...

kawickboy

Sykobee (Briggsy)

I look forward to sticking this on my C4CPC :-) If it will fit in a 512KB cart space and run on a 64KB GX4000...

But it's not just the graphical work (I guess a board would be >80KB of graphics data on the CPC - a couple of screenfuls for the board (overscan?) plus the lit/unlit graphics), but things like how the pinball moves on the furniture (ramps, tracks, etc)... a big project indeed!

arnoldemu

Quote from: Sykobee (Briggsy) on 12:14, 28 September 16
I look forward to sticking this on my C4CPC :-) If it will fit in a 512KB cart space and run on a 64KB GX4000...

But it's not just the graphical work (I guess a board would be >80KB of graphics data on the CPC - a couple of screenfuls for the board (overscan?) plus the lit/unlit graphics), but things like how the pinball moves on the furniture (ramps, tracks, etc)... a big project indeed!
it has a custom disc loader so you can't put it onto c4cpc.

My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

roudoudou

Quote from: arnoldemu on 13:47, 28 September 16
it has a custom disc loader so you can't put it onto c4cpc.

Like many games back in the days  :P
My pronouns are RASM and ACE

zeropolis79

Quote from: kawickboy on 07:49, 28 September 16
From the spectrum release ?

Could the Amiga version be ported? In theory? But I was thinking of the Speccy - with CPC graphics of course

ivarf

The day before Christmas, waiting waiting and very excited  :D :D

TFM

Since quite a while I also think about a Pinball Simulator for the CPC, MacDeath already sent me some nice picks. I'm curious who this one looks compared to my ideas.
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

ivarf

Quote from: TFM on 18:47, 30 September 16
Since quite a while I also think about a Pinball Simulator for the CPC, MacDeath already sent me some nice picks. I'm curious who this one looks compared to my ideas.

Would be great to see that too😊

Rhino

Quote from: TFM on 18:47, 30 September 16

It is a working in progress? or you can show something?

ukmarkh

I believe Time Scanner is the best pinball game so far on the CPC... But everything is about to change!

roudoudou

Quote from: ukmarkh on 14:57, 01 October 16
I believe Time Scanner is the best pinball game so far on the CPC... But everything is about to change!

Ooooh, i miss this one! My favorite was Microball
My pronouns are RASM and ACE

TFM

Quote from: Rhino on 14:17, 01 October 16
It is a working in progress? or you can show something?
Not now. IMHO your project is way advanced in time.  :)

My idea is basically to use the first 64 KB fully as screen RAM. And display it for example as 16*32 (MODE 0). So the screen is four times more high than width.
This way you put GFX only once in the first 64 KB, the background. It stays there as long as you use this particular pin ball machine.
The big advantage is that you actually only have to scroll um and down, but don't need to write background GFX anylonger. All CPU time would be left to animations (Sound, math, etc.)

It doensn't have to be in that format you can make the screen more width too if you like.

But how so often, I kind of miss the time at the moment to realize it that way.

I'm really looking forward to Pinball Dreams from Rhino!!!  :) :) :)
TFM of FutureSoft

Rhino

Quote from: TFM on 21:17, 01 October 16
Not now. IMHO your project is way advanced in time.  :)

My idea is basically to use the first 64 KB fully as screen RAM. And display it for example as 16*32 (MODE 0). So the screen is four times more high than width.
This way you put GFX only once in the first 64 KB, the background. It stays there as long as you use this particular pin ball machine.
The big advantage is that you actually only have to scroll um and down, but don't need to write background GFX anylonger. All CPU time would be left to animations (Sound, math, etc.)

It doensn't have to be in that format you can make the screen more width too if you like.

But how so often, I kind of miss the time at the moment to realize it that way.

I'm really looking forward to Pinball Dreams from Rhino!!!  :) :) :)

Sounds good! Usually boards are not more than 2 times high that width, or do you mean to have a double buffer for the board? and what you had thought for the scoreboard on the top of the screen?

TFM

Well, you can design it of course in a way which fits taste and reality :)  The idea is to omit horizontal scrolling and by this being able to load the background only once and "just" scroll up and down (which can be done pixel pricise and is very smooth, so being able to keep the ball in the center of the screen or where ever you like). Of course you can use a screen format as width as the CPC screen.

The great thing about a silver ball is that its speed can be everything from fast too slow, and Y-scrolling on the CPC is precise to the scan line. What a nice choreography.  ;) :)
TFM of FutureSoft

Rhino

Quote from: TFM on 18:10, 02 October 16
Well, you can design it of course in a way which fits taste and reality :)  The idea is to omit horizontal scrolling and by this being able to load the background only once and "just" scroll up and down (which can be done pixel pricise and is very smooth, so being able to keep the ball in the center of the screen or where ever you like). Of course you can use a screen format as width as the CPC screen.

The great thing about a silver ball is that its speed can be everything from fast too slow, and Y-scrolling on the CPC is precise to the scan line. What a nice choreography.  ;) :)

You're right. Horizontal scroll destroys a pinball game, such as the SNES port of Pinball Dreams.

Puresox

Is there a time scale , that us CPC fans can look forward too?

ivarf

Quote from: Puresox on 16:46, 03 October 16

October 2016!!!?

Rhino

Quote from: Puresox on 16:46, 03 October 16

This month we will show a preview in RetroSevilla, and a little later we will release the preview.
The date for the final version not yet know, but possibly match an event / party.