News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Pinball Dreams, new game from Batman Group!!

Started by Joseman, 13:28, 17 September 16

Previous topic - Next topic

tastefulmrship

In this one, he gets it immediately (around 07:50) and misses (around 28:00) the second time.

amijim

What about a cpr edition to try it out on the c4cpc.It certenaly looks amazing.

Rhino

Quote from: SuTeKH/Epyteor on 08:51, 21 May 17
In this one, he gets it immediately (around 07:50) and misses (around 28:00) the second time.

Thanks!, that new video clarified my doubts.

@amijim
It would be possible!, but it requires 128kb of RAM, so GX4000 would not be compatible.

VincentGR

Quote from: Rhino on 08:25, 21 May 17
Thank you!
From what version is that manual? I have the original Amiga game (first edition) which include less info.

Here you go

||C|-|E||

Quote from: Rhino on 11:14, 21 May 17
Thanks!, that new video clarified my doubts.

@amijim
It would be possible!, but it requires 128kb of RAM, so GX4000 would not be compatible.

Still totally worth it!

amijim

Hello there, i guess the majorety of c4cpc modules  are used with amstrad 6128+  as 6128+ was the most successfull model of the plus range and it would be beneficial to make cpr file editions of the newly created software.I do not know neither have the skills to make such a cpr cartridge file edition of pinball dreams but if there somebody out there who has such skills , i would really appreciate to make the cartridge conversion.By the way c4cpc module is really  great!thank you Gerarld!

CraigsBar

Quote from: amijim on 07:02, 22 May 17
Hello there, i guess the majorety of c4cpc modules  are used with amstrad 6128+  as 6128+ was the most successfull model of the plus range and it would be beneficial to make cpr file editions of the newly created software.I do not know neither have the skills to make such a cpr cartridge file edition of pinball dreams but if there somebody out there who has such skills , i would really appreciate to make the cartridge conversion.By the way c4cpc module is really  great!thank you Gerarld!
Not so sure about that. I am not alone in buying a NOS gx4000 once the c4cpc was released. I actually have 2 one in my plus and one in the gx.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3t using Tapatalk

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

gerald

From my numbers, there is an even spread between GX4000 and Plus.

Rhino

Quote from: VincentGR on 14:54, 21 May 17

Here you go

Thanks! These instructions look like the PC version, some elements of Beat Box are slightly changed in the screenshot, but contains more info than the Amiga manual I have.

Sykobee (Briggsy)

Quote from: amijim on 07:02, 22 May 17

Problem is that 6128+ systems are horribly expensive, but GX4000s are relatively cheap. I certainly use my C4CPC with a GX4000.

However I have no problem with 128K games being cart-ised. Maybe someone will come up with a 64KB expansion hack for the GX4000...

andycadley

Does it actually need more than 64K ram, or is it something that, with some effort, might be possible to rearrange into cart ROM?

Phantomz

Quote from: Sykobee (Briggsy) on 23:28, 22 May 17
Maybe someone will come up with a 64KB expansion hack for the GX4000...

I for one would love to get a GX4000 with 128KB  ;D

MacDeath

QuoteI for one would love to get a GX4000 with 128KB
then just get yourself a 6128PLUS or an upgraded 464PLUS...
:picard:

Phantomz

Quote from: MacDeath on 23:17, 23 May 17

I've already got a 6128 PLUS   ;D

I would like a console with 128k for it's small form factor, the extra memory would help with getting more software running on it.   ;)

VincentGR

Seems like someone has to make a ram mod  ;D

Sykobee (Briggsy)

Quote from: MacDeath on 23:17, 23 May 17

Yeah, these systems are getting pretty expensive these days.
I don't know if it's possible to design a 'ram expansion' cartridge that could live between the GX4000 and the game carts. I suspect that not enough signals are exposed on the cart slot. IIRC Piotr managed to fully CPC-ize a GX4000 motherboard with a lot of effort.
However it may be possible, with some effort, to snapshot the upper-64KB of a 128KB game once it's loaded, stick that into cart ROM, and then update the game code to skip the loading of this data, and change how it's paged in. A lot of work for old games, but maybe doable for in-development games.

Shining

...when you don't use self-modifying code. But it should be possible to put all the static stuff into the cartridge-memory...
TGS is back

Download my productions at:
cpc.scifinet.org

robcfg

I see there are two LM33464G 64k-word x 4-bit ram chips on the GX4000, and also the Amstrad 40464, which is a 3x4-bit DAC.

As the ASIC is the same as in the 6128+, would it be possible to wire another two chips anywhere or change them for bigger ones?

||C|-|E||

I don't know enough about the hard of the console but I think that it should be possible, at least, to wire a couple of extra chips, yes. I do not think that it would be possible to install bigger capacity ones, though... I am sure that somebody here will be able to confirm or refute this  :)

VincentGR

Yes! a Piggy-backing approach could do the job.
Maybe a guru guy here has more details about that.

I think you should start a new topic  ;D

villain

Quote from: Sykobee (Briggsy) on 11:32, 24 May 17
IIRC Piotr managed to fully CPC-ize a GX4000 motherboard with a lot of effort.

That's exactly what Cranium already did in the early 90s. There should be an article in the german CPCAI.

tastefulmrship

!!!BACK ON TOPIC!!!

A few famous musicianist peoples are now converting the musics for each table... and... I have been informed that the NIGHTMARE musics have now been completed! So that's 50% of the ingame musics have been done! ^_^ Can't wait to see the completed product!

tastefulmrship

Forgive the double post, but I wanted to let people know that the BEAT BOX musics have been redone by a proper musician and the testing of the "table functionality" and scoring will commence very soon!

Also, Epyteor have completed the crack for the "unofficial" release (which we will spread before the official release! ^_^)
(NOTE: You need to be a fan of the original to understand this joke!)

Gryzor

I love the "supplied and cracked" part :D

ivarf

Too bad Hewson doesn't believe in the power of the CPC. He could have had my money from a proper release