Author Topic: Released: Chibi Akumas Episode 2 Out Now! // レトロ8ビット弾幕STG「ちび悪魔」第2弾幕開け今ダウンロードができる  (Read 1066 times)

Offline Novabug

• CPC664
  • GX4000 and CPC Videomaker!
    • The Novabug-Blog
  • Liked: 108
Excellent work by Keith here, a very generous man. Here was my livestream on the release night of Chibi 2.

Offline ivarf

• 6128 Plus
  • Liked: 140
I really don't think this game gets enough publicity here on CPC wiki. It uses the hardware well, original on the CPC, it is a really impressive game and its FREE!

On the other hand I am a bit surprised how much interest a simple game like Nogalious gets. Its unreleased, too me it seems nothing special using a game development tool instead being coded from scratch to really use the hardware. Ported from a PC game thats in development. 12 euro

Offline Targhan

• Supporter
  • 464 Plus
  • Liked: 410
Yup, Great, fun and original game.

I believe people are crazy about platformers, that's why any little creature moving and jumping on a screen gets so much attention :).

Offline keith56

• ちび悪魔!
  • Supporter
  • CPC6128
  • Part Ma, Part Aku... All Chibi!
    • Chibi Akuma(s)
  • Liked: 397
I really don't think this game gets enough publicity here on CPC wiki. It uses the hardware well, original on the CPC, it is a really impressive game and its FREE!

I don't think the bullet hell genre is very popular, and shooters are generally a dead style anyway these days...
I had hoped that the 256k support & simultaneous 2 players support would make the game something pretty unique among CPC games, but it never seemed to capture the 'public imagination' enough to build up a following.

With Chibi Akumas I set out to make the game I wanted to make, so it's not really a problem to me if it's not that popular.
Chibi Akuma(s) Comedy-Horror 8-bit Bullet Hell shooter for CPC - http://www.chibiakumas.com
「チビ悪魔」可笑しいゴシックSTG: http://www.chibiakuma.com
Chibi Akumas Episode 2:Confrontation...Out Now!

Offline jesusdelmas

• CPC464
  • Liked: 16
I don't think the bullet hell genre is very popular, and shooters are generally a dead style anyway these days...
I had hoped that the 256k support & simultaneous 2 players support would make the game something pretty unique among CPC games, but it never seemed to capture the 'public imagination' enough to build up a following.

With Chibi Akumas I set out to make the game I wanted to make, so it's not really a problem to me if it's not that popular.

I think the game is actually popular (not the most porpular) and i really like it. I think also that shooters nowadays as you say are not very popular for new players but in the retro comunitty they still are.  8)

Offline kawickboy

• CPC664
  • Liked: 51