News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Pinball Dreams, new game from Batman Group!!

Started by Joseman, 13:28, 17 September 16

Previous topic - Next topic

krusty_benediction

I do not know the original pinball game no the other CPC ones, but it seems very good.
I have not understand why it is a preview ; what is missing ? Only the drawing of the 4 tables ?

Anyway good job for the scrolling synchronization with the ball, I have not lots of reflexes, and I do not lose the ball from the eyes

Rhino

Quote from: roudoudou on 15:31, 27 October 16
It's very nice and of course the best pinball game ever released on CPC  8)

Is the ball management in final version?

The ball physics are included in this preview. Press F1 to start playing.

The keys are:

* Control / shift left for left flipper
* Enter / backward slash for right flipper
* Cursor down to launch the ball
* Space to push the board

If you use an emulator, you may need to configure the keys.

Rhino

Quote from: krusty_benediction on 15:46, 27 October 16
I do not know the original pinball game no the other CPC ones, but it seems very good.
I have not understand why it is a preview ; what is missing ? Only the drawing of the 4 tables ?

Anyway good job for the scrolling synchronization with the ball, I have not lots of reflexes, and I do not lose the ball from the eyes

Thanks!
Only one of the four boards is included, and the preview does not count scores/lives, etc... in short, what makes the game fun :)

Rhino

I would also like to publicly thank to SuTeKH for their hard work on music. Without him the preview had not been on time!

Hwikaa

Simply put: this is nothing short of amazing.  :o

tastefulmrship

Quote from: Rhino on 16:28, 27 October 16
I would also like to publicly thank to SuTeKH for their hard work on music. Without him the preview had not been on time!
Thank you, sir! You're too kind! But, I did under 1% of the work. All praise should be for you, Mac, arnoldemu and McKlain!

NOTE:
I class myself as a "professional" PINBALL DREAMS player (since 1992 on a 500+, 600 & 1200/060) and this is simply an astonishing version of that Amiga OCS/ECS classic on the humble Amstrad CPC!! I always dreamed of seeing it on my 8-bit machine... and here it is! DREAMS DO COME TRUE! ^_^ What's next? CarVup? Paradroid'90? Bill's Tomato Game?

Many people say PINBALL ILLUSIONS or SLAM TILT (not written by The Silents, by the way) is the best pinball simulator on Amiga... but to me, PINBALL DREAMS is the one that started it all and the one that's the best! Long live NIGHTMARE, BEAT BOX, IGNITION and that other one that was shyte! (Sorry, I always hated STEEL WHEEL! ^_^ And, it's even worse when you're converting the music for it!!!! TRUST ME!)

-----------------------------------------

October 2016 will be held in high regard as the month that introduced the CPC community to some of the best CPC games and some new, amazing graphics MODEs! Be it adventures, mah-Jong, pinball, or whatever... it's a great time to be an Amstrad fan! ^_^ -yay-

From what I've seen from the RetroDev compo too, it looks like the CPC is indeed the best 8-bit machine!

Rhino

Quote from: Xifos on 15:42, 27 October 16
Ok that's good for the pinball dreams cpc version !

Now you can adapt pinball fantaisies !
;)

Well, considering that this preview is a "stress test" with all the lights and scoreboard changing, and only consumes about 50% of the frame, I think Amstrad could do Pinball Dreams + Pinball Fantasies simultaneously in one frame :)

Xifos

I just tried it.
It's amazing, the same gameplay as the amiga.

So well done the batman group !
:)

||C|-|E||

I think that this is as amazing as it gets, seriously. I am itching to try it at home because I´ve never seen a game of this kind as fast as responsive as this one seems to be in a CPC. I am seriously impressed  :o

VincentGR

Neil79

Wicked! I'll be playing this over the weekend, can't now as I'm injured :(

But here's a quicky http://www.indieretronews.com/2016/10/pinball-dreams-preview-fantastic-amiga.html
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

alex76gr

For my eyes and ears this is a wonder! :o
Absolutely impressive!
Thank you so much.
I still believe that i got my myopia from the green GT-65 monitor, but i can't prove it! :)

VincentGR

Quote from: alex76gr on 18:11, 27 October 16
For my eyes and ears this is a wonder! :o
Absolutely impressive!
Thank you so much.

True my brother!
And the funny thing is that it needs only a Falcon to run on Atari  ;D

Maniac

I can't even begin to understand how you have achieved this awesomeness! It looks and sounds amazing plus plays just like the Amiga original even to the point I can do the same tricks with the flippers and the ball reacts just as it did!

Amazing! Well done to all involved! Can't wait for the full game!

Geo Anas

This is what I call MAGIC !

My hearty and sincere RESPECT !

Targhan

I swore I would wait for the final version but... I couldn't resist :). Great stuff, very smooth. The physics are very well done (that's the kind of stuff I would hate to code :)). The graphics are, so far, very good and the introduction flipping screens are quite interesting too, I especially liked the fade colors. And the music are very nice too.

Great work!
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

dirtybb

Hi

Let me think, as a macadam bumper lover, what could i say... Just stunning, impressive, awesome.
Graphics, colors, effects, scrolling... more than perfect. And music is... dope !

Thank you for all the hard work, to you Rhino and all those involved.

Rhino

Quote from: Maniac on 19:35, 27 October 16
I can't even begin to understand how you have achieved this awesomeness! It looks and sounds amazing plus plays just like the Amiga original even to the point I can do the same tricks with the flippers and the ball reacts just as it did!

Amazing! Well done to all involved! Can't wait for the full game!

Thanks!
Physics is still one of the points to be adjusted for the final version. The goal is to be as close to the original as possible.
I appreciate the feedback from experts of the original version!

Lone

Wow, just tried it, and I still can't believe it !
Really awesome work !

Congratulation to the whole team (as every part of it is so well done)

dlfrsilver

Quote from: Rhino on 20:37, 27 October 16
Thanks!
Physics is still one of the points to be adjusted for the final version. The goal is to be as close to the original as possible.

Congratulations, you did again an awesome job. I have already people from C64 or even Amiga which want to buy a CPC just to play it :)

but..... i hear them say "the sound is not as good as on c64" behhh XD

Joseman

Just played it on the real CPC

this is just a 16bit game inside a CPC, is just incredible.

I'll wait for the final version, with score and all the gameplay, but this will be fun... fuck the real live, i want to play this game several days in a row  ;D

And I just hope for a fisical release... oh my god  ???

Neil79

Quote from: dlfrsilver on 21:20, 27 October 16

Congratulations, you did again an awesome job. I have already people from C64 or even Amiga which want to buy a CPC just to play it :)

but..... i hear them say "the sound is not as good as on c64" behhh XD

That's nothing this has blown away the Commodore Amiga Facebook group :D
The latest in Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

roudoudou

Quote from: Rhino on 20:37, 27 October 16

I guess the ball lose too much energy (friction too high?). It is particulary noticeable when the ball run the flipper lane.
I cannot make the ball go to the big ramp without using space to give extra energy, even when the ball was running the lane from the beginning (there must be conservation of momentum, added to the flipper move)
Hope this will help.
My pronouns are RASM and ACE

khisanth