News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Pinball Dreams, new game from Batman Group!!

Started by Joseman, 13:28, 17 September 16

Previous topic - Next topic

HAL6128

Quote from: Rhino on 14:23, 08 October 18
Hey guys, you are not motivating me very much to finish it! hehe
...hell no, I'm sure you will kick the shit (ups, ...permission) out of owner ass as soon as they see what you have done!
...proudly supported Schnapps Demo, Pentomino and NQ-Music-Disc with GFX

DanyPPC

But I thought that since the engine was written, instead of selling the port of Pinball Dreams you can make a new game of Flipper with other boards.

I would be really happy to buy a nice Pinball Dreams style game. It's an idea, what about it ?
CPC 464 with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 464+ with USB Floppy Emulator / CPC 6128+ with C4CPC and Gotek HxC USB Drive Emulator

Rhino

I was just kidding, I really do not expect any legal issue with this project. :)
Contacting the current owners of the rights (Rebellion) does not seem easy, they have ignored me in several attempts ... so it seems that they are in other issues.

On the other hand, I am currently trying to contact Andreas Axelsson because, although currently he does not have the rights, I would not like to release the game without the permission of the original authors.

amijim

Vacation for a proper pinball flipper game for our cpc.I really like wizzard pinball but i want to contribute to this cpc history somehow.One week for the team.contact me.Hiponiuos also desreves a week for this 2000e.Hponios contact me.

chinnyhill10

Quote from: Gryzor on 19:04, 07 October 18
Ideas are not copywriteable. Execution, though, is. And 'design' is execution, so yes, you do.

Who owns it now? 21st Century Entertainment or a successor?

21st Century Entertainment were the successor of Hewson, a company recently re-formed and making new games. It's now run by Andrew Hewson and his son.
--
ChinnyVision - Reviews Of Classic Games Using Original Hardware
chinnyhill10 - YouTube

Gryzor

Well yes, but whether Hewson still retain their IPs or not is a totally different issue, I'd guess... But the Hewsons are very approachable, at least!

Rhino

Quote from: amijim on 21:16, 08 October 18
Vacation for a proper pinball flipper game for our cpc.I really like wizzard pinball but i want to contribute to this cpc history somehow.One week for the team.contact me.Hiponiuos also desreves a week for this 2000e.Hponios contact me.
Thank you very much, let us finish the game first and see if it meets expectations.

Rhino

Quote from: chinnyhill10 on 01:17, 09 October 18

Who owns it now? 21st Century Entertainment or a successor?

21st Century Entertainment were the successor of Hewson, a company recently re-formed and making new games. It's now run by Andrew Hewson and his son.
I contacted Rob Hewson, a very nice guy, who told me that the rights are currently held by Rebellion.

tastefulmrship

It's nice to hear that this project is not dead! ^_^
Take as much time as you need, Rhino!

Dubliner

Quote from: Rhino on 20:30, 08 October 18
Contacting the current owners of the rights (Rebellion) does not seem easy, they have ignored me in several attempts ... so it seems that they are in other issues.

I maybe can help with that. You have an email.

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

VincentGR

Google Translate:

Good news, friends, we already have in the final phase the Pinball Dreams game for our beloved Amstrad!
We are in the testing phase so that we have the gaming experience that is most similar to the Amiga 500 version.
We ask you a little patience, friends.

;D

alex76gr

Take all the time you want Batman Group.
We trust in you.
I still believe that i got my myopia from the green GT-65 monitor, but i can't prove it! :)

LambdaMikel

Looking much forward to playing it!!  :)

kawickboy

A nice present for Christmas. Another one who will be invited in Greece.

Skunkfish

Fantastic news. This has the potential to be up with the best Amstrad games of all time...
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

remax

I restrained myself to test the demo so that i can fully enjoy the full game... So i'm happy to see that's it's coming to an end :)
Brain Radioactivity

ukmarkh

Please don't rush, squeeze every last ounce of Amstrad juice into this game! 

Rhino

Hi!,

Batman Group is proud to present our new division for the game development "BG Games". This new brand arises from the need to show the world the true potential of CPC as gaming machine.

Pinball Dreams will be the first of our releases. Finished since November, we're just waiting to close a deal with the giant Rebellion to bring the CPC the official version of the famed classic on which industry legends like 21st Century Entertainment or DICE were founded.

The wait will be worth it...

In the meantime, we'd like to show you a little preview in this video teaser:

https://youtu.be/_DetN_pol6g

VincentGR

XeNoMoRPH

this is absolute fabulous, I look forward to you reaching an agreement with Rebellion to enjoy this great game  :o :o :o
your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

Rhino

Thank you!, we have the best negotiating agent in the world and we hope everything goes well. When everything is finished, we will tell you the details.

robcfg

This is really amazing!

Looking forward to finally play it on my CPC!

Maniac

Looks amazing! Hope negotiations go well! Good luck!

Gryzor

Bloody fantastic news! Does this mean a physical release??