News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Quiz Games

Started by Xyphoe, 07:43, 11 September 18

Previous topic - Next topic

Xyphoe

Hi guys,
I'm trying compile a list of quiz games - eg ones that ask you trivia questions, etc. I'm only interested in ones that are directly asking you quiz questions and not asking you to do any other kind of gameplay (eg with Bullseye in between rounds you throw darts). Also I'm ignoring PD releases and non English ones.

So far I have ->

• Pub Trivia Simulator (Codemasters)
  • Arcade Trivia Quiz Simulator (Zeppelin)
  • Every Second Counts (Domark)
  • Mike Read's Computer Pop Quiz (Elite)
  • Blockbusters (Domark)
  • Emlyn Hughes Arcade Quiz (Audiogenic)
  • A Question Of Sport (Elite)
  • Bob's Full House (Domark)
  • Hi-Q Quiz (CDS)
  • Quiz Quest (Alligata)
  • Trivia (Anirog)
  • Trivial Pursuit (Domark)
  • Who Said That (Radical Software)
Is there any I have missed?
Thanks!

Ritchardo

Got the main ones I think, from the top of my head there's also:

• Powerplay (Arcana / Players)
  • Saint and Greavsie (Grandslam)
  • Sporting Triangles (CDS)
There's also the following sequels and alternate versions to what you've already got:

• Blockbusters (Macsen version)
  • Blockbusters Gold Run (Macsen)
  • Trivial Pursuit II: A New Beginning (Domark)

Xyphoe

Thank you Ritchardo! Yea should have said I was going to ignore ones purely about sporting questions, but had missed Powerplay - but from vague memory it was more of a board game but with trivia questions?
I'd seen the older versions of Blockbusters by Macsen but forgot to note that here, and got confused by all the different versions available of Trivial Pursuit!

Cholo

Dug thru the pile and found a couple of games that may be considered "Trivia", really arnt "gameshow" or well known Trivia games so donno if they apply.

- Computer Maniacs 1989 Diary (Domark) is a Trivia game but also has Hangman & a word game in it i think. Definately not sports questions only.
- Answers Back junior Quiz (Kosmos): No i hadnt heard about it either but it appears that "Answer back" is a educational range & has as many expansion question discs as Trivial Pursuit.
- The Real You (Ask): Well its more of a personality test i guess as there is no right or wrong, but each question scale from 1 to 10. Slight warning thou: its very "adult" and "personal" indeed so dont do it online or in public. Aka the "moral" question isnt just about cheating in school, taxes or politics .. but its about murder, kidnapping, drugs use and worse. No age warning on the box lol. "Try on yourself, your friends and family". I can totally see that .. so Timmy what did you answer to the "drunk driving & flee from victim" question? And it looks like mom likes beating children and take LSD.