News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu
K

R-Type

Started by Keith A Goodyer, 04:08, 25 February 10

Previous topic - Next topic

TotO

|DIR work fine using all modes...  8)
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

TFM

Wasn't that thread about R-Type?  :o
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

TotO

"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

Ast

I like cyber tribute.

Ast/iMP4CT. "By the power of Grayskull, i've the power"

http://amstradplus.forumforever.com/index.php
http://impdos.wikidot.com/
http://impdraw.wikidot.com/

All friends are welcome !

TotO

Yes, it is very funny. Sadly, the player distroy the Cybernoid ship before reading its banner...  :-\
Stage 0 is a R-Type 2 tribute with tons of sprites, but the video look to be not properly recorded. (small screen and bad sound)

Poliander

I wonder whether R-Type 128K is expected to run on 64K CPCs with memory expansion?
Schneider CPC 664 • X-MEM • Vortex F1-X Drive • CTM 644 • DMP 2160
Schneider CPC 6128 • Z-MEM • M4 Board • MultiPlay + Amiga Mouse • OSSC

TotO

Why it will not!?  ;D

VincentGR

I don't have a 464 near me right now or a memory expansion but it runs on my emu.

TotO

It was tested and work on all CPC with at less 128K RAM and a floppy drive.

Poliander

Thanks for the reply - I just wanted to know. Last time I tried it didn't work on my 664+XMEM, but it seems that I still have some other trouble going on. I just read through the X-MASS/PSU related thread which led me to order a better power supply (I was using a *very* cheap PSU).
Schneider CPC 664 • X-MEM • Vortex F1-X Drive • CTM 644 • DMP 2160
Schneider CPC 6128 • Z-MEM • M4 Board • MultiPlay + Amiga Mouse • OSSC

TFM

Quote from: Poliander on 09:18, 12 April 15
Thanks for the reply - I just wanted to know. Last time I tried it didn't work on my 664+XMEM, but it seems that I still have some other trouble going on. I just read through the X-MASS/PSU related thread which led me to order a better power supply (I was using a *very* cheap PSU).

Then get 5 A and not 2 A  ;)
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Rich Stevenson

Thought I would just add to the old discussion.

I worked on the sound on the CPC version of RType and can vouch for Keith when he says he was under it to get the game finished. I recall getting a call with only 24 hours left in his deadline, from Keith, asking if I had a sound engine he could use as it was the last job on his list and he could claw back some time if I could help. I think I was working on something like BMX Ninja or Aftermath for Alternative and so sent him what I had at the time. The code was very raw and probably only 75% complete, but KG managed to chuck that in and BINGO, deadline achieved.

robcfg

Thanks for joining and sharing your story!

Game development hasn't changed that much, it's bigger but overall we still have shitty deadlines and bad management...

Oh, well, still a fun job  8)

TotO

Welcome back Richard, and thank you for those extra informations!  8)
I remember your first answer to Keith here, two years ago. (R-Type)
Is, all your R-Type CPC sound work was lost?

dcdrac

I work IN IT and bad management seems endemic, people with MBAs who have no clue how complex some IT problems can be, and they spout rubbish like no problems only solutions blah blah blah

gerald

Quote from: dcdrac on 12:10, 13 February 16
I work IN IT and bad management seems endemic, people with MBAs who have no clue how complex some IT problems can be, and they spout rubbish like no problems only solutions blah blah blah
Here in France we have a slightly different view on this :
[attach=2]
Spoiler: ShowHide
If there's no solution, then there's no problem

TotO

I don't remember if I have put the full project ZIP file on this topic.
Here the link: http://www.rtype.fr/Free_Stuff_files/download.php?fichier=R-Type_128K_card.zip

ukmarkh

Quote from: dcdrac on 12:10, 13 February 16

Well, in IT, if you have a problem (ITIL) this means it has happened more than once. Most server guys think the problem goes away 99.9% of the time if you simply reboot the server, they already took that course of action when it was an incident. The reality is, you need to find the root cause, test your change, and then raise a change to fix the problem, preferably out of hours. The role of an IT Manager should be to help his team achieve objectives set out by the business, provide tools to do the job, give training where identified and build process to keep SLA and good OLA's. It's a massive team effort, everyone needs to pull together.   

ivarf

Quote from: ukmarkh on 23:57, 13 February 16

Well, in IT, if you have a problem (ITIL) this means it has happened more than once. Most server guys think the problem goes away 99.9% of the time if you simply reboot the server, they already took that course of action when it was an incident. The reality is, you need to find the root cause, test your change, and then raise a change to fix the problem, preferably out of hours. The role of an IT Manager should be to help his team achieve objectives set out by the business, provide tools to do the job, give training where identified and build process to keep SLA and good OLA's. It's a massive team effort, everyone needs to pull together.   
Booting servers is not something a server guy will more often than needed. I do not know which server guys you have been talking to. Are you an developer. In my experience developers do not see the whole picture, just their own application and not the whole environment it will be used in.

ukmarkh

Quote from: ivarf on 11:30, 14 February 16
Booting servers is not something a server guy will more often than needed. I do not know which server guys you have been talking to. Are you an developer. In my experience developers do not see the whole picture, just their own application and not the whole environment it will be used in.

If I'm honest, I'm having difficulty understanding what you're trying to say. Sorry, hope you don't think I'm being rude  ???

TotO

The official website is offline, the time to change servers.  :-\

Gryzor

Ah darn! If you need me to host anything let me know :)

seanb

I think Gryzor's trying to build an online Amstrad empire  :D
Thou shall not question Captain Wrong!

Gryzor

Muahaha OBBEY ME, MINIONS!

robcfg