News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Rastan-like games on CPC

Started by Carnivius, 10:31, 27 November 18

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnivius

Anyone know of any other hack n slash platformer types on CPC?  Rastan itself was poorly ported.    And preferably ones with quick to use sword attacks.   ThunderCats is only one i can think of at moment.  It's not great and has poor sprites and extremely repetitive levels but it's playable at least, not too sluggish and kinda fun.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

pacomix

Satan

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

trocoloco

Vixen, Rygar & Tiger Road for example

reidrac

Thinking about it, Jarlac has a bit of Rastan. I could be wrong, though.
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

VincentGR

Green beret, cobra, altered beast, shadow of the beast, trantor and savage gave me that feeling.

Carnivius

Thanks.  Some of these are a bit more platform shootery with a fantasy dressing than hack n slash.

Jarlac's a good recent one.  I dunno why I didn't think of it. Maybe I was thinking of scrolling ones which that isn't but yes it definitely has the hack n slash feel.

I think closest other scrolling one I could find that even feels similar is possibly Dragon Ninja, ok it's a 80s setting rather than fantasy but you gotta get in close to fight with fists or nunchucks so that feels similar.  Also has the benefit of being really well ported, unlike Rastan, with large chunky sprites moving at a decent speed and everything.

Cheers for the help. :)
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife