News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Re living the past

Started by CraigsBar, 21:55, 12 January 18

Previous topic - Next topic

CraigsBar

So i have just bought Feud. With that and Harvey Headbanger i am really re living my childhood, and it's fun.

What games define cpc-ing in the 80's and 90's for you?

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3t using Tapatalk

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

villain

Paperboy, Wintergames, Bomb Jack, Fruity Frank, Turbo Esprit, Pirates, Amsoft Pool Billard...

Shaun M. Neary

Bruce Lee, Paper Boy, Wonder Boy, Jack The Nipper, Auf Wiedersehen Monty, Chuckie Egg, Chase HQ, Robocop, Batman The Movie, Exploding Fist, Donkey Kong, Space Harrier

Compilations:
History In The Making, They Sold A Million 3 and 3, Solid Gold, Konami Arcade Collection, Taito Coin Op Hits and The In Crowd.

Odds and Ends:
Multi Player Soccer Manager, The Wild Bunch, Rasterscan, Xcel, Er*Bert, Sim City.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Shining

All three Batmans (especially the first-one), Head over Heels, Gryzor, Monty on the Run, Scooby Doo, Bruce Lee, Zap't'Balls, Winter Games, World Games
TGS is back

Download my productions at:
cpc.scifinet.org

gaos74

Arkanoid, Bombjack, Barbarian, Bubble Booble, Super Cycle, Basket Master, Daley Thompson's Decathlon, Wonder Boy, Paperboy, 1942, R Type, Exolon and Cybernoid, Livingston I Presume, Head over Heels, Commando, Ikari Warriors, Robocop, Ghost n Goblins, Renegade and typing Basic Code from the magazines.

mr_lou

Too many to mention them all.

I have different groups of games, each group reminding me of a specific era within the CPC era.  :)

In 8-bit Memoirs I write about the first group of games; the very first games I ever played on the CPC, and describe how I experienced the games at that age - which was often different than what the game-developers had in mind.  :)

Those were:

"Commando" (1985) - the very first game I ever tried on the CPC (and sucked at it (at age 10))
"Super Sleuth" (1986) - searched long and hard for the "really great gameplay" that grandma told me the seller had told her was supposed to be present in this game
"Zorro" (1985) - surprised to learn new stuff about Zorro, like him jumping on people - didn't seem like his style at all
"Wriggler" (1985) - amazed by the huge vast world in this game
"Caves of Doom" (1985) - played this one A LOT despite its difficulty
"Street Machine" (1986) - didn't much perceive this as a game at all, but rather a simulation - for when you just felt you had to go for a drive to get away from things for a while  :)
"Don't Panic" (1985) - could never figure this one out, but kept trying many times because I was sure it would be a great arcade game once I figured it out (which would take many years before I did though)
"Winter Games" & "Spindizzy" (1986) - the two most relaxing games from that time, both awesome
"Radzone" (1986) - the game I played the absolute most back then, and therefor still stands as the ultimate representation of those days.
"Daley Thomson's Super Test" (1985) - just what I was looking for on the CPC after having tried the arcade game "Track'n'Field" on the arcade machine.

Other games I experienced back then, but which isn't described in 8-bit Memoirs (though there are videos of them) are:

"Kung-Fu Master" (1986)
"Gauntlet" (1985)
"Le 5eme Axe" (1985)
"Gunfright" (1985)
"Atlantis"  (1985)
"Killer Gorilla" (1985)
"Nuclear Heist"  (1986)
"Batman" (1986)
"Green Beret" (1986)

ComSoft6128

Harrier Attack, Kane, Starglider, ATF, Operation Wolf, Pang and Megablasters. There were about 4 or 5 others but I can't remember the names at the moment. ATF was the biggie for me, my 6128 was connected to a stereo amp so I can still hear that continuous whistling tone that was main background sound effect. I used to play that one into the early hours of the morning and more than once thinking, "shit its getting light!"

trocoloco

Soooo many games to remember but some special very special ones for me are, oh mummy, plaga galactica, commando, ghost n goblins, army moves, fernando martin basket master, matchday 2, exolon, saboteur 2, target renegade, mario bros, lotus turbo esprit, kung fu master, robocop, batman the movie and psycho pig uxb

CraigsBar

Quote from: ComSoft6128 on 07:57, 13 January 18
Harrier Attack, Kane, Starglider, ATF, Operation Wolf, Pang and Megablasters. There were about 4 or 5 others but I can't remember the names at the moment. ATF was the biggie for me, my 6128 was connected to a stereo amp so I can still hear that continuous whistling tone that was main background sound effect. I used to play that one into the early hours of the morning and more than once thinking, "shit its getting light!"
Oh yes the sunrise! I remember seeing those :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3t using Tapatalk

IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

||C|-|E||

Many Spanish games in my case:

- all the AD adventures
- most Dinamic titles: AMC, Camelot Warriors, Abu Simbel, Satan, Navy Moves, Dustin, Rescate Atlantida, After the war, Game Over, Don Quijote, La Guerra de las Vajillas, Megaphoenix, Capitan Trueno...
- a few titles from Topo: Viaje al Centro de la Tierra, Ice Breaker, Mad Mix and Mad Mix 2...
- Paris Dakar from Zigurat
- a few from Opera: Last Mission, Sol Negro, Mutant Zone, Mot, Pogaboo...

I also have very fond memories of non Spanish productions. In no particular order these come to my mind: Castle Master, Exolon, Deflektor, Pop-up, Light Corridor, Psyborg, 3d Construction Kit (OK, this one is not a "game", but still), Tiny Sweeks, Turrican, Turrican 2, P-47, X-OUT, Silkworm, SWIM, Golden Axe, LED Storm, Crafton and Xunk, Robocop, Ghost and Goblins, Gryzor, Renegade, Space Harrier 2, Cybernoid 1 and 2, Operation Wolf, Arkanoid, Mario Bros, Psycho Pig, Wonder Boy... and many other.

Yes, my childhood was basically me in front of a computer. Then, when I was 11, I was bought a Megadrive with a Mega CD and it was even worse  :-X

mr_lou

Quote from: ||C|-|E|| on 14:11, 13 January 18Yes, my childhood was basically me in front of a computer. Then, when I was 11, I was bought a Megadrive with a Mega CD and it was even worse  :-X

......so basically you had a CPC......  and then you just bought a Megadrive too? At age 11???

What kind of rich family did you live in?  :o

||C|-|E||

I was a bit too spoiled, yes! I had the CPC when I was 7 and the Megadrive with the Mega CD when I was 11, and many others afterwards  :laugh: In my defense, I must say that I still keep all the stuff in quite immaculate condition and I was always a very good student  :D . In any case, due to me collecting stuff over the years, my parent´s flat is completely full of machines (40, I recall) and games (several hundreds)  :picard2: