Released: Chibi Akumas Episode 2 Out Now! // レトロ8ビット弾幕STG「ちび悪魔」第2弾幕開け今ダウンロードができる

Started by keith56, 17:15, 30 October 17

Previous topic - Next topic

keith56

Quote from: Skunkfish on 10:19, 01 December 17
I'm sure it will be very well received on the MSX where it will be in the company of some very fine Japanese shooters. Regarding the CPC version available now, I think it's one of those titles that could turn a few heads towards the CPC from fans of the genre if you can find a way to raise awareness...

I plan to do a Japanese language release on the MSX in the hope of getting some of the J-Shooter 'Cute-Em-Up' fans on board

Between you and me, with the CPC plus raster color switching V1.666 looks better on the CPC+ than it does on the V9990 GPU in 16 color (sssh!) ... that said, the V9990 is a speed monster - I'm going to have to artificially slow it down or put more background layers in to make it playable!
Chibi Akumas: Comedy-Horror 8-bit Bullet Hell shooter!
Learn ARM, 8086, Z80, 6502 or 68000 with my tutorials: www.assemblytutorial.com
My Assembly programming book is available now on amazon!

ivarf

Quote from: keith56 on 10:51, 01 December 17
I plan to do a Japanese language release on the MSX in the hope of getting some of the J-Shooter 'Cute-Em-Up' fans on board

Between you and me, with the CPC plus raster color switching V1.666 looks better on the CPC+ than it does on the V9990 GPU in 16 color (sssh!) ... that said, the V9990 is a speed monster - I'm going to have to artificially slow it down or put more background layers in to make it playable!

Regarding the patreon page you have set up. I haven't come around to register yet, but probably will. I guess that some people have had a quick look on that page, saw V9990 support and thought I don't have that one - and moved on. I for one would prefer CPC and plus support for new games over V9990 support on the CPC. But I guess its fun to do, just don't expect much feedback. Who has a V9990 connected to their CPC in this forum?

I hope to see more of your great work. But be careful don't let the candle burn out working too hard. Thank you Keith!

keith56

Quote from: ivarf on 12:52, 01 December 17
Who has a V9990 connected to their CPC in this forum?

Not me! I suspect virtually no one owns one and the emulators can't do it either which is why I do not want to make a V9990 version! that's why I put it at the $100 dollar point - that's what it will take to convince (force) me do it!

I know I'm damned either way on patreon, I either give my games away, so no one backs me, or I only give the game to backers, get called a money-grubber - gain no interest, and no-one backs me... I'd have quite happily set the backing level to less than $1, but that seems to be as low as it goes, I'm only interested in seeing how many people are interested enough in my development to sign up, so I know I have people waiting for my next release

I'm going to try to post weekly posts on Patreon with screenshots and as much detail as I can write, so I'm hoping people will back me to either just show some support, or because they want to know more about what the process and challenges of making a game like this are.

Of course I'll post screenshots publicly off patreon when the game's at a good stage of completion, but I see no reason to risk posting alpha screens of, say the speccy version with buggy sprites, and having everyone lose interest in the game before I've even finished it!

jesusdelmas

Quote from: keith56 on 13:38, 01 December 17
Not me! I suspect virtually no one owns one and the emulators can't do it either which is why I do not want to make a V9990 version! that's why I put it at the $100 dollar point - that's what it will take to convince (force) me do it!

I know I'm damned either way on patreon, I either give my games away, so no one backs me, or I only give the game to backers, get called a money-grubber - gain no interest, and no-one backs me... I'd have quite happily set the backing level to less than $1, but that seems to be as low as it goes, I'm only interested in seeing how many people are interested enough in my development to sign up, so I know I have people waiting for my next release

I'm going to try to post weekly posts on Patreon with screenshots and as much detail as I can write, so I'm hoping people will back me to either just show some support, or because they want to know more about what the process and challenges of making a game like this are.

Of course I'll post screenshots publicly off patreon when the game's at a good stage of completion, but I see no reason to risk posting alpha screens of, say the speccy version with buggy sprites, and having everyone lose interest in the game before I've even finished it!

I would like te say that i would like to see more games from you, in my case im just a gamer not a developer and the advise that i can give it to you to get more attention and support for the next year,  is to take part on the next retrodev contest of the Alicante University and also try to sell a phisical copy of your game (a tape one will be fine) gamer comunitty like this stuff, and a contest like the cpc retrodev is a good publicity push.

Im just giving you ideas, anyway i hope to see more cpc games from you in the future!

ivarf

Quote from: keith56 on 06:57, 26 November 17
As an Experiment I've set up a patreon account:
https://patreon.com/akuyou

If anyone wants to show their support via that, then please go ahead - I want to make clear, anything new I develop will still be free, but I'm not getting enough positive feedback in downloads/webhits/PMs to continue working the way I did on the last games - as I've said before, I basically did 3-4 hours every single day, for a year and a half to bring out Chibi Akumas Ep1 and 2 - and at the moment it's just a case of hoping the feedback is better for my next project than it has been so far.

Anyway, Whining aside, going forward I'm working on the upgraded version of Chibi Akumas Episode 1... which will be the first Multiplatform release on MSX/ZX/CPC... it will bring 2 player support and 4 direction play from EP2, and will feature a new raster switching mode using the enhanced CPC plus pallette - meaning up to 48 colors onscreen!

Supported! Others please join. Developers that shows this ability to produce games  of so high quality so fast, definetly deserves more support from us!

keith56

Quote from: ivarf on 14:59, 08 December 17

Supported! Others please join. Developers that shows this ability to produce games  of so high quality so fast, definetly deserves more support from us!

Thanks a million!
I've added another goal at a more realistic $20 dollar level, which would be to release a 1 level mini game on all systems (probably even 464 casette)... it's a shooter, but not bullet hell - I've had the idea on hold for a while, but I'll push it forward with it if people are willing to back me for it...

also, I've been thinking for a while of doing a 'beginners assembly language' tutorial, which would teach people how to use assembly, using my game as a starting point - so people could learn how to modify my game, make their own levels, and ultimately  make their own game if they wished... I thought using a full game as a starting point would allow people to get in and see the results of their changes!

if people are interested, then sign up to my patreon, and let me know - and I'll start writing the tutorials in my 'spare time' - it would have to be for patreon backers, I'm not willing to write pages of tutorials and comment all my code if there's a chance no one will ever read it!

keith56

And now for your viewing pleasure, I would like to present the 'Chibi Akumas Ep1 V1.666 multiplatform Teaser poster!'

Here is the early state of the re-release game, shown on CPC+ , Spectrum and MSX2 .... the game will still support regular CPC! so non plus owners don't worry!

I wanted to show how great the game already looks on all platforms together, so I made this little poster... and remember, this is one source that compiles on 3 systems... it will be the same game with the same gameplay on all platforms!

ervin

keith56

I've uploaded a video to Youtube, where I describe the setup of the Emulators and tools I'm using to develop the new multiplatform version of the game.

Maybe it would be interesting to some people who want to know more about Z80 game development!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeHiytsWKm0

keith56

If anyone's interested, I'm running a competition where I'm offering 3 free T-shirts to 3 of my patreon backers
If you want a chance to win, you just have to back me for $1 or more before 28th feb

The T-shirts are professionally printed, and I'll even ship them free

You can see details below:
https://www.patreon.com/akuyou