News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Saboteur vs Saboteur II - Which is Best?

Started by ZEUSDAZ, 22:57, 15 February 18

Previous topic - Next topic

ZEUSDAZ

Hi everyone and welcome to the February 2018 edition of the "Which Is Best?" series.
Last month I placed the arcade classics Ghosts 'n Goblins against Ghouls 'n Ghosts against eachother asking you which in your minds was the better game and after counting all the votes I can now reveal Ghosts 'n Goblins is the winner gaining 22 votes with Ghouls 'n Ghosts receiving 20 votes,...seriously close!

This month I'm going to place both of Clive Townsend's classic 8-Bit Saboteur games against eachother,...Saboteur vs Saboteur II - Avenging Angel (all versions), which do you think is the better game (not version)?!, only your votes will determine that,...happy voting! :-D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H2VAufZcTo

VOTING CLOSES 15th March 2018.

Zeus.

Sacrosanct

Saboteur II - because before tea-bagging, there was face-sitting.
And it's fun.
Gryzor is now officially my bitch. :]

Shaun M. Neary

I played the second before the first. So for me, Saboteur 2 craps all over the first one.

Better soundtrack as well.
Both really good games though.
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

Gryzor

II, because it's got 'I' more.

Never was into them, but nice vid :)

Cholo

Id go for the second game as well, but its really a tough choice. First one may have a smaller map but also the impact of it being the first game & the replayability with the relocating items at different difficulty levels.  Second game has the larger map & things to do. A bit like having to choose between Rick D 1 & 2. Railway cars or elevators .. elevators or railway cars? I think i played the second one more.

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: Cholo on 20:18, 22 February 18
Id go for the second game as well, but its really a tough choice. First one may have a smaller map but also the impact of it being the first game & the replayability with the relocating items at different difficulty levels.  Second game has the larger map & things to do. A bit like having to choose between Rick D 1 & 2. Railway cars or elevators .. elevators or railway cars? I think i played the second one more.

Those elevators seemed to take forever to reach their destination though...
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

khaz

I say the first one due to its accessibility. The second one has a stupidly huge building that if you don't spend dozens of playthrough simply mapping it, you'll never get to the goal. the first map is much more manageable, therefore more enjoyable. I guess if you had infinite time and only one game to take with you, II would be better.

mr_lou

I remember my cousin loved Saboteur. Or at least he thought it was utterly cool. Not sure how great of a player he was.

Most games he liked back in the day has a nostalgic weight today - but not Saboteur. For some reason this game never caught my attention, so I never really played it.

I've tried playing it in later times, in an attempt of finding this greatness it's supposed to have, but I just can't find it. :-/

ZEUSDAZ

Only a few days to get your votes in chaps before the new "VS" edition is up, Sab1 vs Sab2,..which is the better game?!

fano

Saboteur 2 ! It's the 1 but better (and with music)
Is there a poll somewhere to vote ?
"NOP" is the perfect program : short , fast and (known) bug free

Follow Easter Egg products on Facebook !

ZEUSDAZ

Quote from: fano on 15:01, 11 March 18
Saboteur 2 ! It's the 1 but better (and with music)
Is there a poll somewhere to vote ?

I can either just take this comment as a vote or you can click the above video and then click the youtube icon which will take you to my channel where most of the voting on that video is taking place  :)

fano

Thx, is there a way to make a poll on youtube or we just need to reply on comments ?
"NOP" is the perfect program : short , fast and (known) bug free

Follow Easter Egg products on Facebook !

ZEUSDAZ

Quote from: fano on 14:10, 12 March 18
Thx, is there a way to make a poll on youtube or we just need to reply on comments ?

Comments is best as it's great to hear thoughts about the game and in my experiences people forge the votes by not only clicking the poll but also commenting resulting in 2 votes,...not allowed!

ZEUSDAZ

FINAL RESULT: SABOTEUR - 29 VOTES, SABOTEUR II - 23 VOTES, SAB1 WINS!

Thanks to everyone who voted, March edition now up, voting closes April 15th :-)