News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

SCI Chase HQ II

Started by zeropolis79, 00:53, 18 January 14

Previous topic - Next topic

zeropolis79

Has anyone got a copy of teh Retro Gamer article which covered this?

Many thanks for any scans anyone can send me.

Gryzor

Do you remember which issue it was in?

zeropolis79

Gryzor

Well, I've got all copies, but googling the exact issue wasn't fruitful...

MartynC

It was issue 46.

See here: http://gx4000.co.uk/gamebase/games.php?game=specialcriminalinvestigations

There's a link to download the scans in the text.

zeropolis79

Xyphoe

Quote from: MartynC on 13:35, 20 January 14
It was issue 46.

See here: http://gx4000.co.uk/gamebase/games.php?game=specialcriminalinvestigations

There's a link to download the scans in the text.

Hope that is OK hosting those scans.

Martyn - just wondering are you still in contact with James? Did you mention to him there's a team of people wanting to dump this ROM and can do it safely without damage?

GOB

But where is the game? Why nobody tries to recover to copy when there was-it seems at least one person to be in England ... ?
Must we wait until the cartridge is dead to say "we should have the copy before?"

sigh

Whoever owns it - it would be nice to even have some footage on youtube.

GOB

Not on youtube, it should just lend the cartridge that makes a copy ...

TFM

I guess there may be 2 copies or so, one was sold at Ebay for a fortune. I guess the owners don't want it to loose value. So the last thing they want is you to get a copy of the ROM of the game. Creed is a sin, but obviously very human too.  :(
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

steve

Why does anyone want this cartridge if all reports say it is a very poor game, maybe it would be better if those who do rewrites would make a new Chase HQ2.

dcdrac

a new version would be good yes or something like it HQ Chase 2? copyright issues and all that stuff.

GOB

Quote from: steve on 23:42, 22 January 14
Why does anyone want this cartridge if all reports say it is a very poor game, maybe it would be better if those who do rewrites would make a new Chase HQ2.

because we judge ourselves ;)

TFM

Quote from: steve on 23:42, 22 January 14

IMHO it's not too bad. But everybody can check out the youtube video, even if it does only show a small part of the game.

Do you know how long a rewrite would take? I guess years (or you pick it up as your new job, and still take years  ;D ).
TFM of FutureSoft
Also visit the CPC and Plus users favorite OS: FutureOS - The Revolution on CPC6128 and 6128Plus

Shaun M. Neary

I'm probably gonna get hung for this comment, but here goes..

THAT LOOKS FUCKING TERRIBLE! I feel sorry for anyone who paid a fortune for that cart on ebay.
Ocean did wonders with Chase HQ in 1989, the gameplay in this looks much MUCH poorer, and that was meant to be on a system with additional capabilities.

It doesn't even look as fast as it's predecessor!

It's not even a case of me having blinkers on. I still play CPC games today, and still enjoy the majority of them as much as I did back in 86-91!
Case of Pandoras Box really, It's closed, and probably for a good reason...
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

TFM

Well, then maybe you should program a game like this and show us how to do better  ;)  I'm sure it would be very well appreciated.  :)
TFM of FutureSoft

Gryzor

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 03:25, 23 January 14
THAT LOOKS FUCKING TERRIBLE! I feel sorry for anyone who paid a fortune for that cart on ebay.

You really think the guy bought it to admire its looks and gameplay? :D

MacDeath

It may be bad, still a "new"  release for GX400 (being average or shitty) is still a "new" available game on this format.
::)

Shaun M. Neary

Yup... fools and their money are easily parted.
I'm all on for retro collecting, but some of the money that cart goes for!
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

dthrone

The advert in AA101 pg12 for CPC Now! makes you feel a bit sick.  23 carts available - not bad!! inc. SCI £12.99.  Never noticed it before.  Residential address, sold 18 months after publication according to rightmove.  Agh, internet stalking, stop stop  :-[

dragon

If the guy who have the  game is thinking made rich not released them, and selling It, he can wait eternally.... As Chase hq2 is rare. The plus range is a minority plataform.

This not is NES that have millions of millions worlwide fans.