News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

SimCity

Started by ComSoft6128, 07:42, 15 February 19

Previous topic - Next topic

ComSoft6128

I never played SimCity on the CPC, or any other machine for that matter, because in a word it seemed.......boring.
No enemies to hack at, no alien ships to oblilterate and no villians to shoot at.

Was I wrong?
Is SimCity on the CPC worth looking at or is it just a cut down version of its 16-Bit cousins?

My interest in SimCity was sparked by the interesting article below:
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/feb/10/best-way-to-halt-march-of-urban-decay-playing-simcity

kawickboy

I never understand why after some hours playing, i was always obliged to face energy problem even with 10 nuclear plants.

tjohnson

Loved sim city back in the day, remember getting sim City 2000 later for the pc.  Maybe I'll fire it up on the amstrad to remind myself how good our bad it really was 

Cholo

Quote from: ComSoft6128 on 07:42, 15 February 19

Is SimCity on the CPC worth looking at or is it just a cut down version of its 16-Bit cousins?

oh definately try the Amstrad version, its easily as good as say the Amiga 16 bit one, infact i fint it has even more cheerfull colours & as far as i know its all in there (perhaps except some audio). Sim City was made when INFOGRAMES was at their absolut ultimate peak programming performance, so not only is Sim City just like the 16bit version, but they also released games like Hostages and North & South that are nearly as good gameplay & looks wise as their 16bit versions.

LGR did a "SimCity 30 years later" video just 2 weeks ago, that may worth watching too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrScy1icWjI

EDIT: quick hint, probably a good idea to save snapshots often if you are playing in a emulator.

AMSDOS

I vaguely remember watching my brother play Sim City on a SNES, but having played the CPC version, I think it plays just as well.
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

zeropolis79

Well worth trying Peter..

ASiC

I too recommend giving it a go.

Gryzor