News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Skate Ball Longplay.

Started by Puresox, 01:42, 01 October 16

Previous topic - Next topic

Puresox

Somewhat shocked by this UBI Soft game, I had seen it before and played a little , but basically put it to bed thinking it was a little bland despite having nice graphics . So was taken aback when I saw this longplay , the game has a good progression and nice animations on stuff .
Don't know if it sold well or if many people got into this game .  Interested in seeing how well the two player mode is

Puresox

Oops forgot to post the link
[/url]

CraigsBar

I'd never heard of that before. One to check out I think ;)
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

remax

Skateball is a great game, even if a bit hard on the control...

It's one of the rare game i would really love to see a modern remake. There is a wide unexploited background, and with a well though gameplay it can be awesome.
Brain Radioactivity

CraigsBar

Football on rollerskates... What could ever go wrong. Now *that* should be an Olympic sport.
IRC:  #Retro4All on Freenode

Johnny Olsen

Try Skate wars it is even better  :D

remax

Quote from: Johnny Olsen on 16:21, 02 October 16
Try Skate wars it is even better  :D

Isn't it the same game ?
Brain Radioactivity

Shaun M. Neary

Quote from: remax on 18:49, 02 October 16
Isn't it the same game ?

Yep, which is why I think the laughing smiley was placed beside Olsen's comment. I think Skate Wars was it's re-release & compilation title.

This one bored me, I won't lie. It looks great on the CPC especially during the era before the plus machines surfaced, but the gameplay dragged too much for my taste. Got mine as part of the Ultimate Collection compilation, and it was the weakest out of the bunch when you consider Stunt Car Racer, After The War, AMC in that batch of games.

I don't think I tried to progress past the first game to be honest...
Currently playing on: 2xCPC464, 1xCPC6128, 1x464Plus, 1x6128Plus, 2xGX4000. M4 board, ZMem 1MB and still forever playing Bruce Lee.
No cheats, snapshots or emulation. I play my games as they're intended to be played. What about you?

remax

Quote from: Shaun M. Neary on 23:36, 06 October 16

Yep, which is why I think the laughing smiley was placed beside Olsen's comment. I think Skate Wars was it's re-release & compilation title.

This one bored me, I won't lie. It looks great on the CPC especially during the era before the plus machines surfaced, but the gameplay dragged too much for my taste. Got mine as part of the Ultimate Collection compilation, and it was the weakest out of the bunch when you consider Stunt Car Racer, After The War, AMC in that batch of games.

I don't think I tried to progress past the first game to be honest...

Each one has his own taste, but i found the game very enjoyable at the time !
Brain Radioactivity

Gryzor

Please use, you know, the YT button to embed the videos... I really don't know how many more times to say this :(

Puresox

Where is the You Tube Embed Icon? That is what I always use on any other forum , but did not know there was option here?

Gryzor

it actually has the YouTube icon on it :D Three red icons - first of them embeds a video, the second is for YT searches, the third for YT users. They're the next-to-last icon set on the editor's button line!

Puresox

Right found it , not really that obvious tbh , the usual spot is with all the rest of the Embeding icons. Even when you just explained it, they took a while to jump out at me.
Will use in future though

MacDeath

Would be fun to compare the CPC version and the IBM PC (CGA) version.

Now the real Question : will UBIsoft relaunch the franchise with a Triple A game ?

(They did a Zombi game recently)