News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Spannerman in Die Einsteiger

Started by pepax, 18:30, 29 August 10

Previous topic - Next topic

pepax

Hi!

I watched Die Einsteiger today, after so many years......  :) and noticed the Spannerman game on one of the TVs Mike had in his workroom, however I haven't seen any computer in there. Was there a CPC somewhere?  :) And one more question if you don't mind, is Spannerman a CPC-only game? I haven't found it on Mobygames and I don't really know much about CPC games, being an Atarian.  :D

AMSDOS

Spannerman was one of the games made by Gem Software and released though Amsoft. I'm guessing it's possible that it was a CPC-Only since Gem Software were responsible for Roland in Time and Roland In Space, Oh Mummy and later Doors Of Doom.  Unless of course there was an alternative software house releasing those games on another system. From what I could find though is Gem Software only did games for the CPC! Unless someone knows otherwise, that appears to be the case!  :)

Correction - Mobygames does indeed mention Gem Software as having developed for the MSX and ZX Spectrum, Oh Mummy seems to be the game mentioned on those other systems. No Mention of Spannerman, though that is indeed the company which developed it!  ;D
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

pepax

I took a closer look yesterday.  :) I'd upload a screenshot but how?

AMSDOS

I use Imageshack to upload my Images. Simply click on the Browse button, and select your image. Once it's on Imageshack, copy the Direct URL into Notepad or just copy it and use Insert Image Button (under the Italics Button) and paste the URL into that. Just note if your computer prompts you about Scripts and stops you from what your doing, select Temporary Allow Scripts.

Though here's a screenshot of Spannerman (from Nich's CPC Game Reviews site!)

* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

pepax

Well, I can upload it to Flickr, but why does it have to be so complicated here?
I just want to attach a screenshot from the movie.

Octoate

Why so complicated? When you write a reply, open "Additional Options..." and attach the image to you posting here in the forum. This forum accepts doc, gif, jpg, mpg, pdf, png, txt, zip, mp3, dsk, rar, sna and cdt with a max filesize of 2MB.
--

pepax

pepax

Ygdrazil

Well, it's Spannerman running on a Schneider CPC 464, clearly visible in the lower part of the picture!!!

Quote from: pepax on 18:59, 31 August 10
Here it is.  :)

pepax

I didn't notice it when watching this (in)famous West German movie, but when I made the screenshot I instantly recognized it. :)
When I first saw the game I wasn't sure about the platform, being a long time Atari XE (and Amiga) fan.  ;)