News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Sudoku and Balloonacy

Started by arnoldemu, 22:05, 21 November 10

Previous topic - Next topic

arnoldemu

The full versions of both of these games can now be downloaded for free from:

http://cpcfreak.cpc-live.com/

Thankyou for those who bought the full version and enjoyed loading them from real cassettes. Thankyou for your support.
In the end I didn't do it for the money, I did it to get a real cassette and to get that real nostalgia.

You can still buy real cassettes from Cronosoft (www.cronosoft.co.uk) if you want them in this form ;)

I am still working on new games.... :)
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Gryzor

Darn... I bought the tapes the day they came out, but Balloonacy is still sitting there because I haven't had the time to get my 464 out of the closet... finally I can play the whole of it :)

Cheers mate!
T

AMSDOS

Balloonacy looks nice so I gave that a go and got to Level 8 on my second attempt (think it was level 5 prior to that). I'm so "Disked up" these days, it's terrible I've just become so accustomed to it and have thrown away my concepts of Tapes! Still I guess it wasn't the worlds longest or worst loader!  ???  Is there many levels in Balloonacy or is that Insider Information?  ;D  I'm guessing a game like this has 20 levels, though the 8th level was getting tricky, made harder by the fact my computer was being distracted and the emulation!  :(
* Using the old Amstrad Languages :D   * with the Firmware :P
* I also like to problem solve code in BASIC :)   * And type-in Type-Ins! :D

Home Computing Weekly Programs
Popular Computing Weekly Programs
Your Computer Programs
Updated Other Program Links on Profile Page (Update April 16/15 phew!)
Programs for Turbo Pascal 3

arnoldemu

Quote from: CP/M User on 09:45, 23 November 10
Balloonacy looks nice so I gave that a go and got to Level 8 on my second attempt (think it was level 5 prior to that). I'm so "Disked up" these days, it's terrible I've just become so accustomed to it and have thrown away my concepts of Tapes! Still I guess it wasn't the worlds longest or worst loader!  ???  Is there many levels in Balloonacy or is that Insider Information?  ;D  I'm guessing a game like this has 20 levels, though the 8th level was getting tricky, made harder by the fact my computer was being distracted and the emulation!  :(
I can't remember, possibly 30. If I have time I'll make a dsk of it.
My games. My Games

arnoldemu

Quote from: Gryzor on 09:03, 23 November 10
Darn... I bought the tapes the day they came out, but Balloonacy is still sitting there because I haven't had the time to get my 464 out of the closet... finally I can play the whole of it :)

Cheers mate!
T
Thankyou for supporting!

I may make other games with a full and demo version (and full has to be bought), not sure if I would go via psytronik or cronosoft next time.

I have an idea for a game that I would release in this way, but I will not say more because it is a long way off.

My games. My Games

AMSDOS

arnoldemu wrote:

Sorry I didn't mean to sound negative about it!  :-[  Cause I grew up loading many games from Tape, it's just sad when you forget how things once were!

Your Computer Programs

arnoldemu

Quote from: CP/M User on 11:05, 23 November 10
arnoldemu wrote:

Sorry I didn't mean to sound negative about it!  :-[  Cause I grew up loading many games from Tape, it's just sad when you forget how things once were!
no, it's ok.

I thought, "I'll release the games now". Found the files in my archive, and looked at the zips and thought "Huh? No dsk version.". So for myself I would like a dsk version ;) You're not the only one to think the same ;)

My games. My Games

Gryzor

You're kidding me? Thank *YOU* for supporting our crazy desires and craving for new quality software!! :)
Quote from: arnoldemu on 10:28, 23 November 10
Thankyou for supporting!

I may make other games with a full and demo version (and full has to be bought), not sure if I would go via psytronik or cronosoft next time.

I have an idea for a game that I would release in this way, but I will not say more because it is a long way off.

redbox

I can't use the tapes as I have an un-modified 6128 Plus, so thank you for the DSKs.

I showed my mother (who loves puzzle games) Sudoku and she was impressed that my 'old little computer' had such a game on it - praise indeed!  :)

arnoldemu

Quote from: Gryzor on 12:26, 24 November 10
You're kidding me? Thank *YOU* for supporting our crazy desires and craving for new quality software!! :)
I thought you were a bit angry that I had made it free after you had bought it?

Well it is a few years after it was originally released, so I thought it was time.
My games. My Games

Gryzor

Quote from: arnoldemu on 12:37, 24 November 10

Well it is a few years after it was originally released, so I thought it was time.

Of course not, man. Even if it was free from the beginning, and even if I had already finished it on a dsk file, I'd still buy it...

AMSDOS

arnoldemu wrote:

£4 in todays standards is a bargin (you're going to have to excuse me cause I don't buy much off the Internet!  :( ). Certainally though in Australian Currency it's approx $6.66 which is still a bargin, I used to pay twice that for a Codies Budget game here in Oz - around $12 or $13 bucks!  ???

Shouldn't feel bad, when all those commercial software labels were re-releasing their full-price games as Budget shortly after they came out, true you didn't have the option of Disc or a Nicely packaged Box, though for the full-price Tape games, you were somewhat being ripped-off!  ??? 

Your Computer Programs

Cholo

Indeed, always been a good idea to sell tapes of any new game. Main reason is of cause to get the game out to as many people as possible and being played on the real hardware. It isnt everyone who have the tech/hardware skills to make their own tapes (even tho not that hard .. then again if its a protected game). Just look at the other thread where someone has trouble recording a Mojo game to tape. Also there was a time when everyone had a least one tape recorder around but not today. Was a sad day when sony announced they stopped making tape/walkmen.

And it isnt the price either .. Orion Prime clearly shows what people are willing to pay for good games. So a few games at budget price cant really make anyone angry .. with or without a source/"free download". The "fanatic" collectors wont mind getting their hands on a 1 in 50 "rare" game. Also this isnt 1980 anymore but 2010 .. with the low prices at Cronosoft i cant even rent a game at blockbuster that cheap .. probably wont cover half the cost of traveling to rent one either  ;D

Gryzor

Yup - I'm just grateful for the chance...

AMSDOS

arnoldemu wrote:

I thought, "I'll release the games now". Found the files in my archive, and looked at the zips and thought "Huh? No dsk version.". So for myself I would like a dsk version ;) You're not the only one to think the same ;)

If it helps I've cracked the Screen & Main Game onto disk  :-[ 
All it needs now is a loader - I've been naughty by not issuing the execution address for the main game file, but I'll send it to you, so you can decide what you want.

Your Computer Programs

arnoldemu

Quote from: arnoldemu on 11:30, 23 November 10
no, it's ok.

I made a disk version of balloonacy.
It seems I already had one, but I didn't add it to the zip file  :laugh:
Go to cpcfreak.cpc-live.com and re-download the full version.
Now you will get a zip with cdt and dsk.
My games. My Games

AMSDOS

arnoldemu wrote:

Excellent, I had another go at the disk version which has a Level Selector which allowed me to select the last level and complete the game very easily!  ???

Your Computer Programs

arnoldemu

Quote from: CP/M User on 08:56, 30 November 10
arnoldemu wrote:

Excellent, I had another go at the disk version which has a Level Selector which allowed me to select the last level and complete the game very easily!  ???
oops!  :laugh:

EDIT: Solved. Download again ;)

My games. My Games

AMSDOS

arnoldemu wrote:

OMG that's gonna create a black market for the Level Selector version!  :-[

EDIT: Solved. Download again ;)

Done, that Level 10 seems to be harder than Level 16!  ???

Your Computer Programs

arnoldemu

Quote from: CP/M User on 07:39, 01 December 10
arnoldemu wrote:

OMG that's gonna create a black market for the Level Selector version!  :-[

;D well the level selector version was there for testing ;)
My games. My Games

AMSDOS

That's understandable given you want to make sure the game is bug free as well as challenging, though not impossible!  ;D

Your Computer Programs