News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Swords and Sorcery

Started by Wolfy2k4, 23:07, 05 August 09

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy2k4

Ha! To think that all those years ago I once loaded this up, spent 5 minutes trying to work out how to play and then threw the game back into the darkness.
I loaded it up again today, 20 years later..... and haven't laughed so much in ages. Looks like a pretty good RPG if I can take the time to get into it, but the conversations I have been holding with the denizens I'm meeting... Well....
I meet a warrior of somekind and the conversation goes something like this..
Him: Hail brave clupean armoured warrior, beware slime keeper else I will cut off your parts!Me: Pass in peace o noble crimson armoured warrior.Him: Your money or your life!Him: Don't kill me o brown legs else I will slime you!(I get a little braver)Me: I am a terrifying blinding human!Him: Beware seeker of the grave or else I will have you.Me: Death to the crimson armoured warrior!*we do battle, swords fly, then he hits me with a fatal insult*Him: You bottom rumbling nasty smell bag!
* Your Life is Over Champion *
Game over.
That last insult made me spit my drink all over my keyboard :(

Gryzor

Heheh this is pretty funny. I happen to be reading Shogun these days and it reminds me of the insult battles between samurais in it :D

Have never played S&S though, maybe I should...

milamber

Ive played this or tried too :)

Its got alot to offer if only i could work out all the controls.

The game reminded me of a primitve & similar looking offering on that cassette 50 rip off.