News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

The Legend Of Zelda on Amstrad CPC+ [WIP]

Started by XeNoMoRPH, 08:42, 24 August 19

Previous topic - Next topic

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

dthrone

Cool, one of my favourites, hope it gets finished!

roudoudou

My pronouns are RASM and ACE

Carnivius

Quote from: roudoudou on 13:44, 24 August 19
exclusive CPC-Leaks!
i do love the regular CPC palette.  these look nice.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

jesusdelmas

I dont understand why this game is not in a regular cpc, is not even scrolling... :o

reidrac

Quote from: jesusdelmas on 15:35, 24 August 19
I dont understand why this game is not in a regular cpc, is not even scrolling... :o

I initially thought the same, but then if you look at the NES game, it has a good number of sprites on screen. May be because of hardware sprites? I don't know.
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

andycadley

Quote from: jesusdelmas on 15:35, 24 August 19

It's using Mode 0, so it can have enough colours for rocks, trees and water on screen, but the hardware sprites are being used for Link so that he can appear to be in Mode 1 resolution and look exactly as he does on the NES.

TotO

The problem about the Legend of Zelda (NES) is the gameplay is too old and the difficulty form an other age.
Not sure that was the best choice for a CPC/PLUS port. At less, Link Awakening DX was prefered.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

roudoudou

Quote from: TotO on 14:49, 25 August 19
The problem about the Legend of Zelda (NES) is the gameplay is too old and the difficulty form an other age.
Not sure that was the best choice for a CPC/PLUS port. At less, Link Awakening DX was prefered.
it's the best choice because people love the game, the name and the brand. They are also talking about it whereas there is almost nothing more than an intention
it's a marketing rule -> do not make new things, people are afraid of novelty

TotO

Quote from: roudoudou on 15:10, 25 August 19
it's the best choice because people love the game, the name and the brand.
They are also talking about it whereas there is almost nothing more than an intention
it's a marketing rule -> do not make new things, people are afraid of novelty
This game is not the prefered of peoples loving the name and the brand. Doing old things do not means doing the bad old things.
"You make one mistake in your life and the internet will never let you live it down" (Keith Goodyer)

XeNoMoRPH

Carnivius

Quote from: XeNoMoRPH on 18:51, 25 August 19
What will Nintendo say?  :-X
They will strike it down like they did with that fine port of Super Mario Bros on the C64 a few months ago.  Nintendo don't like fan-games or remakes of their properties and are extremely strict about it.  Unlike Sega who encourage it (and even hired Sonic fan-game makers to make Sonic Mania which proved to be a very positive move for them).   Nintendo isn't very fan friendly.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

||C|-|E||

Loving the project!! Although yes, I am afraid Nintendo has never been the most fan friendly brand, actually, quite the opposite  :-X .

Sykobee (Briggsy)

Yeah, Nintendo will kill this off. And they do find these projects, obscurity or retro never is enough.

Better to create a Zelda-esque Game Engine, and create a similar but non-identical game within it (i.e., new sprites, characters, plot, map).

But because it's an engine, it can be modded by a patch to have the Zelda imagery, etc.

Skunkfish

Nintendo will strike this down and in doing so raise the profile of the CPC and encourage thousands of people to download a CPC emulator to try it out.

No bad thing...
An expanding array of hardware available at www.cpcstore.co.uk (and issue 4 of CPC Fanzine!)

roudoudou

Nintendo will do nothing as nothing is available online  :P

zisquier

Hi !  :D  I will say one thing : no one will stop this project, people shouldn't be afraid of Nintendo ... I'm not.  8)
;)

XeNoMoRPH

||C|-|E||

I must confess that I love how it looks and plays right now. I would really love to have a finished copy at home ;D

villain

Quote from: zisquier on 00:39, 29 August 19
Hi !  :D  I will say one thing : no one will stop this project, people shouldn't be afraid of Nintendo ... I'm not.  8)
;)
Once Pandora's box is opened and it appears in the net, even Nintendo will not be able to stop it. Recently proved with the C64-conversion of Mario. :-) And you will get publicity for free worldwide. The problem only is: you can't take the glory in the public.

ukmarkh

You might get a massive fine or worse still, go to prison, but you'll forever be a CPC Legend if you pull this off  ;)

XeNoMoRPH

XeNoMoRPH

SkulleateR

Guess if this one will be released, I have to get a CPC+  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nice work so far  8)

zisquier

Quote from: villain on 19:58, 02 September 19
Once Pandora's box is opened and it appears in the net, even Nintendo will not be able to stop it. Recently proved with the C64-conversion of Mario. :-) And you will get publicity for free worldwide. The problem only is: you can't take the glory in the public.

ahaha yes sure ! but i won't get or want any "publicity" at all, first this game will never be "signed" with any of my name of nickname ... I use this game for learning code, i'm a noob and I like challenges :)