News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

The World War Simulator Part II (zx/cpc)

Started by XeNoMoRPH, 18:45, 13 July 18

Previous topic - Next topic

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

Phantomz

I enjoyed playing this.  ;)

I was surprised by the 100 % ending screen, I won't spoil it, however I will warn you it's not kid friendly as contains adult content.

reidrac

Quote from: Phantomz on 19:58, 15 July 18
I enjoyed playing this.  ;)

I was surprised by the 100 % ending screen, I won't spoil it, however I will warn you it's not kid friendly as contains adult content.

Do you mean besides the explicit violence that is the main core of the game? It is OK to kill people while they sleep as long as they're historically proved bad people, but some 8-bit nudity is not family friendly. It probably doesn't matter.

I like how the game looks (although the graphics are a bit better on the Speccy; perhaps is the higher resolution), but not that much the concept. I guess I'm getting old :)

EDIT: OK, I see what you mean. There's arguably a bit of bad taste in there, or is just matter of a different sense of humor (assuming that's what they intended). In any case, I wouldn't rate this game as "family friendly". As I said: nice little game, not fan of the concept.
Released The Return of Traxtor, Golden Tail, Magica, The Dawn of Kernel, Kitsune`s Curse, Brick Rick and Hyperdrive for the CPC.

If you like my games and want to show some appreciation, you can always buy me a coffee.

Carnivius

I really like this game. :D   I prefer it on the CPC cos more colour, smoother movement and musics. :D  It's a hard game on both trying to sneak up behind the enemies cos they often turn round all the way suddenly and shoot me before i shoot them.  I have fun with it though. :)

Weird difference between the two versions.  On CPC it counts the corpse 'collected' immediately but on the Spectrum it only counts it once you move onto a new screen.
Favorite CPC games: Count Duckula 3, Oh Mummy Returns, RoboCop Resurrection, Tankbusters Afterlife

Targhan

Finished it in two rows (66%, then 100%). Quite easy but enjoyable. Some kind of "into the eagles nest" with a little less action but more sneaking. I especially like the ingame music, it has a nice David Whittaker feel to it (Obliterator, Amaurote). Too bad the game is short, a mission/level system would have been nice.

Anyway, congrats!
Targhan/Arkos

Arkos Tracker 2.0.1 now released! - Follow the news on Twitter!
Disark - A cross-platform Z80 disassembler/source converter
FDC Tool 1.1 - Read Amsdos files without the system

Imperial Mahjong
Orion Prime

XeNoMoRPH

your amstrad news source in spanish language : https://auamstrad.es

Gryzor

Erm... that ending screen....?!

Phantomz

Quote from: reidrac on 23:38, 15 July 18
Do you mean besides the explicit violence that is the main core of the game? It is OK to kill people while they sleep as long as they're historically proved bad people, but some 8-bit nudity is not family friendly. It probably doesn't matter.

I like how the game looks (although the graphics are a bit better on the Speccy; perhaps is the higher resolution), but not that much the concept. I guess I'm getting old :)

EDIT: OK, I see what you mean. There's arguably a bit of bad taste in there, or is just matter of a different sense of humor (assuming that's what they intended). In any case, I wouldn't rate this game as "family friendly". As I said: nice little game, not fan of the concept.

I played games like Commando, into the eagles nest, and Rambo as a kid and my parents didn't seem to mind, I'm pretty sure they would have minded that end screen being there.

I don't mind the end screen being there, I was just surprised to see it, I wasn't sure what to expect at the end of the game, but it wasn't that.  :laugh:

Gryzor