News:

Printed Amstrad Addict magazine announced, check it out here!

Main Menu

Thrust...... what do people think?

Started by cpc4eva, 08:44, 16 January 10

Previous topic - Next topic

cpc4eva

I remeber being "conned" into buying thrust by the magazine adverts and reviews saying that it was a fantastic game and it was a "must play" etc etc

but it was such a let down for me

i was wondering what other people thought about thrust?

if i can remember accurately i think it got an AA rave or mastergame status and i dont believe it was anywhere near that quality

redbox

I personally thought it was excellent, but it really is a game you either love or hate.

Although I didn't play the CPC version too much as I played it to death on the BBC at school when I should have been working  :)

fano

Never tried it but some players seem to find it great : http://www.cpc-power.com/index.php?page=detail&num=2221  :)

Edit : Tried and find it good , except some flickering , it is fun to play.On december , i played a game like that with vector gfx on WII.
"NOP" is the perfect program : short , fast and (known) bug free

Follow Easter Egg products on Facebook !

mr_lou

I liked it. Played it just as much as any other game among my favorites.
The CPC version was my first encounter with the game.

ukmarkh

Simply, brilliant with near perfect gameplay and plenty of longevity.

Gryzor

Very well balanced quite polished and overall great. Why was it such a let-down for you?

PS Where have you been mate? :)

cpc4eva

Quote from: Gryzor on 11:20, 18 January 10
Very well balanced quite polished and overall great. Why was it such a let-down for you?

PS Where have you been mate? :)

it was a let down for me as it was advertised / marketed as a great fantastic game then i buy it and its not the same feeling.... the outrun effect if u know what i mean.

where have i been ? working 2 jobs 80 hours a week im a slave......

I miss the gamebase that was on cpczone...... i loved the gamebase it was like a whole universe encyclopedia britanica of cpc games

we need a cpc gamebase in here .... somewhere ???

fano

arnoldemu

Quote from: cpc4eva on 08:44, 16 January 10
I remeber being "conned" into buying thrust by the magazine adverts and reviews saying that it was a fantastic game and it was a "must play" etc etc

if i can remember accurately i think it got an AA rave or mastergame status and i dont believe it was anywhere near that quality
I thought it was a great game. very good fun.
My games. My Games
My website with coding examples: Unofficial Amstrad WWW Resource

Nich

Quote from: cpc4eva on 12:36, 20 January 10
i know its off topic but is there a game base in here...??
At the moment, there isn't, but I think Gryzor has plans to create one some day.

Quoteforgive mu ignorance and lack of viewing the cpcwiki wat is cpc power ??
A French equivalent of the former CPC Zone Gamebase - and it's very comprehensive indeed! There is an option to view the menus in English, by clicking on the (very small) Union flag next to the "CPCGAMES" heading.

Ritchardo

Truth be told I didn't like it much at the time but then I was probably too young to properly appreciate the simplicity of it.  I've played it since (having dismissed it for many years) and was amazed at just how addictive it is (and probably was!)  Great game.

Ygdrazil

Thrust, great game, still play it from time to time.

Not the best game of all times...

Back then I think Thrust was a rather original game.. Nice physics simulation.

/Ygdrazil

fano

Speaking about Thrust , i discovered a great remake named "Gravitron" for PC.This is the game i am actually playing between two coding session : http://xout.blackened-interactive.com/Gravitron/Gravitron.html

Gryzor

...and Gravitron 2 is even better, and well worth the measly $5 the author is asking for it! Seriously, go buy it!

fano

Already Done  ;D
Yes it is really cheap regarding the quality of the game.

Cholo

Well, at just £1.99 i think Thrust is a "great" game, but i can totally see if some people wouldnt like it at all. Especially if you paid more than the 2 buck and even tho the game is fun it does tend to become repetitive after a while.

Anyways, i never got tired of playing Turbo Raketti (amiga) clone but that is also a 2-4 multiplayer game and i never got tired of humiliating my brother and a friend.

Shredder11

I love this game and had hours of fun with it back in the 80s.  I'm very fond of simple games like this and it is the same reason why I also loved Advanced Pinball Simulator by Codemasters, and I am not really into Pinball games either!  I love the pure simple arcade type games and also puzzle games; Arkanoid is another game that is both simple and yet very addictive and challenging.
Amstrad CPC6128, 3.5" Ext' Floppy, SD HxC Floppy Emulator

Gryzor

Ohhh man Advanced Pinball Wizard.... but we're getting OT.

Well the fact that not everybody will like it (heck, I've never liked Elite, does that make it bad?) doesn't mean much. I still love its simplicity and addictive qualities even if, yes, it gets a bit monotonous...

Shredder11

To go even further OT for the moment, one of my all time favourite games on the CPC was.....ahem.....Gryzor!  If ever there was a game that made my Commodore 64 fanboy friend foam at the mouth, it was this one.  He was totally blown away by the graphics and gameplay, and so he went and bought it for his C64.  Oh the disappointment and tears and my how I laughed and mocked privately in my thoughts, while I witnessed this disaster of a conversion!  I think this was the same day he showed me Match Day 2 and a couple of other disasters.
Amstrad CPC6128, 3.5" Ext' Floppy, SD HxC Floppy Emulator

robcfg

Oh my!...

Gryzor is truly horrible on the C64!

I love the sound of the laser gun on the CPC  8)

remax

Quote from: robcfg on 15:50, 09 July 10
I love the sound of the laser gun on the CPC  8)

Oh yeah!

Very easy to reproduce in basic
Brain Radioactivity

Gryzor

Quote from: remax on 10:02, 10 July 10
Oh yeah!

Very easy to reproduce in basic

Indeed!

...and in my mind... :)

Devilmarkus

Quote from: Gryzor on 08:43, 12 July 10
Indeed!

...and in my mind... :)

[Gryzor] *phewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww* [/Gryzor]
When you put your ear on a hot stove, you can smell how stupid you are ...

Amstrad CPC games in your webbrowser

JavaCPC Desktop Full Release

Gryzor

Nah, more like *bhzheeeeeeew*!

milamber

I found Thrust quite interesting at first but soon felt it was an over rated game - soon lost all interest in it.